“Fantastic cocktails!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Fantastic cocktails!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great location, and wonderful service from all. The food is quite good - tasty, fresh and well presented. The wine and cocktail list is interesting with a few novel additions, and the bar staff really know how to mix a good cocktail.
Desserts were a bit of a let down after such good meals, but overall this is a cute little restaurant with lots of personality serving some great food. Recommended.

Visited May 2013

75% Recommend
Brisbane, Australia
“Cute little cafe with great baguettes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Definitely try the goats cheese baguette, possible the best simple lunch I've had in Brisbane. The decor is simple but chic and the staff were lovely.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Major Valentines Fail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I wish I didn't go there. We were in a happy mood and left feeling stressed and upset and dare I say I felt so unwelcome in that restaurant almost as if we were under attack. I felt like a leper. We got no service. I went with my best gf for valentines date.

I would never ever ever go here or let any of my friends go here again.

It's one thing when the waitstaff are lazy, but a totally different story when they are rude, obnoxious, patronising and sarcastic.

actually dont do it to yourself. The waiter (who was also the manager) was not at all impressed when I asked for a recommendation for a cocktail... Told us he had no idea what they were about or how to make them, and that the "cocktail guy" wasn't there, so he would actually be making them. They are $18 each.

When I asked what the difference was between two dishes which differed in price in trying to decide, he said "there are so many differences, this one has ham, this one has salmon, this one has pickle and the other doesnt, they are very different". But I just wanted to know does the more expensive one come with more stuff etc... Anyway it got off to a bad start and continued badly. I had to walk up to the bar to ask for water. And our drinks arrived after we nearly finished our meals.

The meals were nice, nothing to write home about, but good none the less. And good value for money at $9 per baguette. Unfortuneately the manager failed to notice that he had advertised the baguettes as $9 and tried to charge us $12 for each, then he produced a different menu where the baguettes were cited as $12 each, the sign outside had been taken down. I had to ask him to get the menu that we ordered from so I could point it out to him, which I had ordered.

My friend had 2 sips of her $18 cocktail and said it tastes like mouthwash. I sent mine $18 cocktail back because it was so disgusting. I wouldn't mind, except that the waiter had refused to help with the selection and also told us he doesn't know how to make them. The waiter would not take another order from us for a new cocktail. He wouldn't give us the bill. We had to walk up to get the bill. There were only 2 other tables at this stage and he totally ignored us.

We were charged for the cocktail that I sent back and had to point it out.

We asked to speak to the manager and he told us he was the manager and his name is Reginald. He was very sarcastic and obnoxious. We told him that we were not happy with the service provided and having to ask to amend the bill twice. We only had 3 items on the entire bill anyway! I don't know why it was so hard.

I will never go here again, dont go.

The restaurant contacted the providers of Urbanspoon and made a statement saying that I had made up the review, and then it was removed from Urbanspoon. That just made me so annoyed. It has now been re-instated but I can't go into the details of the dining experience because French Martini are disputing it, saying it's false information.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Martini Selection but average meals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

It's French (ish). The staff have French accents.
The wine and drinks list is pretty extensive and the list of wines by the glass impressively good.

The menu seems relatively limited in terms of options and feels like a confused mix of tapas and real meals without really achieving either. The flavours were well created and tasted fairly authentic.

The setting was pleasant and accessible on Little Stanley St (it's a shame parking almost cost as much as the meal - not the restaurant's fault). It is largely outdoors and would not be a good place in inclement weather, but is great for your typical balmy Brisbane evening. There is a small indoor area.

The service was patchy and it was hard to get their attention. Meals were slow to come and requests were slow to be responded to. Fortunately the staff were fairly friendly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Relaxed French dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Really interesting wine list and small but authentic menu. Seasonal scallops and steak tartare (deconstructed?), delicious and beautifully presented. Dessert selection is moreish.

Visited January 2013