“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brisbane, Australia
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We chose Alegria for a large family birthday dinner because we thought the setting would be sophisticated and elegant; we'd be able to have a conversation without yelling to each other; and the food would be delicious as well as interesting. Alegria fulfilled all our criteria. None of our party can fault anything: the tapas, mains and desserts were even better than we expected and the portion sizes were generous. While it was all pretty spectacular we vote the seafood paella and the porchetta as favourites (oh, and the red sangria - WOW). Alegria is a little pricy, but we had a really superb evening here and feel the dining experience it offers is worth every cent. It was a great choice for a special occasion dinner with a crowd.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Melbourne, Australia
“Good Service...!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

A great place for lunch" Every single time we want to visit here, the service is excellent and genuine, the food is amazing with wonderful attention to every detail and the prices are more then fair.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Good food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had lunch here yesterday & enjoyed it very much. The service was friendly & attentive. The wine, lovely. We had 3 tapas - the Scallops were fabulous, the Whitebait enjoyable. The stuffed Zucchini flowers were a bit disappointing, but nice enough. Certainly I'd dine here again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane
“Great Food Best Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We chose Alegria for our 25th Anniversary dinner. The menu was great for us. The Tapas portions generous. The wine list interesting and varied. Best of all the was the service. The staff are interesting, attentive and non-intrusive. Will definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane
“Remarkable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Warning I am disagreeing with a woman here so I'm probably wrong...

My partner left an average review so I'm offering my opinion. FWIW..

We have eaten here twice now. I love the food, the service is remarkable, the environment is ok.

Yes I asked for no onion and got some. After -hrumph- years I'm used to the kitchen missing the request. What did surprise me was the waiter noticing without me mentioning it. I don't think that's ever happened before.

So this time I had the watercress salad with chicken. VERY mild flavors, be warned, but beautifully balanced. Meal was superb. In a lot of "modern" restaurants I struggle to find things to eat. There are good options here for the conservative pallet as well as some adventurous stuff. I hope we go back often.

If I have one complaint it's a small and specific thing to me. I'm diabetic and usually driving. That means soft drinks and alcohol are not ideal. In brisbane it's often too hot for hot drinks. So here there are no cold milk drinks on offer. You can't have everything. The room is cool so next time I'll try the tea. Trivial, just me being difficult. I think the water is filtered, which is nice since brisbane water is undrinkable...

They are probably undercharging for the quality of food and service on offer, but if you fell that way aswell you can always tip :)

So to sum up I recommend this without hesitation.

• Visited January 2014