“A real find in Brisbane!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“A real find in Brisbane!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Looking to kill time before heading to the airport, we just happened upon this restaurant on Park Lane in Brisbane, just off Coronation Drive. Definitely not wanting some run of the mill food (we wanted NICE food), we could not have made a better random choice than to pick ALEGRIA. There's a row of other restaurants on Park Lane offering the Italian or Thai fare, but looking at the menus, I'd say you're better off at the different offerings of Alegria.

I think a lot of other people found their way to Alegria because the place was pretty packed on a winter's Tuesday night. We wandered in early enough to get a seat without booking.

Staffing was good too, specially this very friendly girl from Northern Italy is an asset to the restaurant.

I'm sorry I can't remember her name or exactly what we had for main meal and dessert, just I know it was really good and exactly what I've been looking for during the past couple of months I've lived in Brisbane. There are plenty of Thai, sushi and tapas places and after a while, they're all the same.

But there are not many restaurants like this one in Brisbane. I have a feeling I will be a regular at Alegria!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camille S, Marketing Manager at Bistro Alegria, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi there,

We appreciate the time it takes for one to write a review so we take all feedback seriously. Thank you for choosing Bistro Alegria and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We would certainly love to have you again at Bistro Alegria.

Brisbane
“Excellent servce matched with excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Myself and Husband dine here quite often so though it was about time that I wrote a review.

The food here is consitantly excellent you know that only the best and freshest of ingredients are used and the presentation is picture perfect. The service also matches the standard of the food. Price wise, very,very reasonable in fact I would be happy to pay more the quality & standard of the food and service. The menu has a varied selection something for everyone. If you haven't yet tried this place, then do it soon you won't be disappointed
Thanks team Alegra. See you next time!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi there,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time it takes to write a review so we take all feedback seriously. We're happy to hear you've enjoyed your time with us and thank you for choosing to spend your time with us - we certainly love our regulars! Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Adelaide, Australia
“Just as fantastic 2nd time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Business dinner with colleagues - wonderful food and brilliant service! The meringue dessert was to die for!

Visited June 2013
Camille S, Marketing Manager at Bistro Alegria, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hi there,

Thanks for the review! We appreciate the time it takes to write a review so we take all feedback seriously. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your second time with us just as much as your first. Thank you for choosing Bistro Alegria!

(Marketing Manager)
Melbourne, Australia
“Top of the list! Best we had in Brisbane! Belissimo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had walked past Alegria earlier in the day and then checked out reviews before deciding to go that night. We didn't make a reservation as it was a Tuesday but I would recommend doing that for a Friday/Saturday.
Alegria (Spanish for 'joy') is a truly a joy. Great atmosphere, great service, GREAT food. The bread alone was worth going for. The cuisine is a Mediterranean mix from Spain, Italy and France. Obviously proud of their quality, it shows in the attention to detail and combination of fresh ingredients. Who would think to throw roast duck breast together with pork belly and then pile them onto a white bean and tomato soupy thing? Hearty on a cold night. Fish of the day was blue eye trevalla, cooked in a Mediterranean pot of yummy stuff. We had already had prawns, scallops and bread with dipping oil mind you!
Dessert? We couldn't resist but should have because we could barely walk afterwards. Light as bread and butter pudding for David, (with Persian fairy floss!) and I had the biggest crème brulee ever, served with a large shortbread cookie AND a pot of strawberries with toasted almonds. Groan!!
Leaving the restaurant I recognised Guiseppe the manager from the website photos and we had a long chat with him. He is obviously proud of his restaurant and so he should be.
If I lived in Brisbane, I'm sure Alegria would become my favourite restaurant! Seriously.

Visited June 2013
Camille S, Marketing Manager at Bistro Alegria, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Hi there,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate the time it takes to write a review so we therefore take all feedback seriously. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us at Bistro Alegria and would love to have you again next time you're in Brisbane. Thanks once again!

(Marketing Manager)
Brisbane
“Great service and amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a wedding reception for 50 people at Bistro Alegria and cannot recommend it enough. The service was excellent, the staff lovely, and the food absolutely amazing. We had alot of leftovers and I had people asking me the next day to share them.

I have been here before but only for desserts. This is one of my favourite restaurants in Brisbane!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camille S, Marketing Manager at Bistro Alegria, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hi there,

Thanks for choosing to have your wedding reception with us at Bistro Alegria. We appreciate the time it takes for one to write a review so we take all feedback seriously. Hopefully we will see you again soon!