“Hidden charges” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sudima Suites

You added Sudima Suites to your Saves list
Sudima Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Water St, Brisbane, Queensland 4101, Australia (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #24 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Hidden charges”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed one night at this apartment block while visiting the Mater Hospital.
I was surprised when reception took a $150 deposit from my debit visa to hold In case of damage.
I was told this money would be returned to my account as I departed.
They have not returned this money to my account 6 hours after departure.
They also charged a credit card fee even though it was paid by my debit card.
Nothing wrong with the apartments but check the small print when booking with Booking.com and this apartment block

Room Tip: High room but quite noisy as close to very busy roads
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night last week. We chose it as I had a procedure at the Mater Hospital so it made sense for us. The rates were approx. A$150 per night plus a A$10 parking fee. The checking in was easy and quick. Our apartment had a view of car parks and I think we were on the 9th floor. Even though the view wasnt great we didnt mind as we were really only there to sleep. We had a huge balcony with a table and chairs. The apartment was well fitted out with kitchen supplies if you need them. Washing machine as well. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom quite large. There is also a separate sitting room. You can also have open windows (there are chains on them for security) for a bit of "fresh air". The room was reasonably quiet although you could hear the background hum of traffic.

There is a free taxi phone in the lobby and took less than 5 minutes to get a taxi. It is only a 10 minute walk to Southbank but we took the taxi (knee problem). and that was only $A8.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful with plenty of maps, brochures etc. Checkout time was 11am which was great for my husband as he could use the room until then. We were also able to leave our car there for the entire day (even after checkout time) for only the $A10 which is great value. Yes it is on top of a hill. It took us about 5 minutes slow walk down the hill to the Mater Private Clinic.

Would we stay here again. Yes definitely. So convenient to Southbank so next time we go in to see a show/dinner (hopefully no more operations) we will stay the night and not have to worry about taxis or parking etc. The accommodation on Southbank itself is double the price.

Room Tip: Try and get a room higher up and choose a view if you plan to spend time in the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

This motel looked fab on the surface. Room was clean, tidy and large. Until of course you found the bathroom which was a single shower with a toilet less than 10cm from glass shower screen door which meant it could only open inwards or would hit on toilet bowl- not good with chn. Then the rooms are cleaned however if your child that has a disability just so happens to have a nose bleed or his gastrostomy feed leaks onto the linen- you will be charged $60 to have linen changed twice in an entire 6night stay. The towels were changed daily although with 4 guests staying we had to ask for an extra towel every SINGLE day as they only left 3. They DID NOT refund my $$ after I complained. I was overcharged for parking and credit card surcharge was $21 for a $1500 stay. Work that one out??!! They made a mistake on Accom costs so instead of asking me to add further costs to my c/c they just did and charged another c/c surcharge... After all these hiccups on a medical stay with my son whom has a disability I can safely stay I'll never ever stay again, nor will I recommend them. I made a complaint however no one has contacted me or attempted to rectify so have decided to write review :(

• Stayed June 2014
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I returned to Sudima Suites last week after having stayed there a year ago, both for work trips. The first time in a corner bedroom which was lovely, especially for an extended stay and this time in a studio which was still very spacious with a full kitchen and washing machine. For those looking for 24 hr staff or restaurants, they don't offer these. However the staff are very helpful and there's markets and restaurants in close walking distance. I found the taxi line in the lobby very helpful and I never waited more than 5 minutes. I will return to Sudima Suites as they are such a good value for the comfort and spaciousness and helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you're staying for an extended stay, the corner suites offer great balconies and a true apart...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Katikati, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We only stayed the one night between flights, but found Sudima Suites very comfortable. Had a evening meal at a little French restaurant on Stanley street at $55 each for main & dessert. The bacon & egg muffin from the Mater cafe was good value as well

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at the Sudima Suites for a week in June 2014. It was a very pleasant stay but with a few minor annoyances. We had a one bedroom apartment on the 9th floor looking towards the Gabba. View is marvellous, especially at night and there is a very large deck. Location is good with a few shops, pubs and restaurants close by but a bit of a walk to South Bank. Despite the proximity to the freeway, the double glazing cuts out the noise (except of course outside on the deck). Secure undercover parking at $10 per night is quite reasonable compared to other establishments. The apartment is spacious, and well furnished and the bathroom was also good. Kitchen just adequate. The staff are friendly and helpful.
The minor annoyance? Limited amount of cutlery and crockery. Very limited storage space (drawers and cupboards) both in the kitchen and the bedroom. Some instructions for the Air conditioner remotes would be useful as they seemed to have a mind of their own.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor looking towards the Gabba. Room 904 is very good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Had a late meeting in Brisbane and the Sudima had been recommended to me. My wife and I stayed one night. The room was very smart, the receptionist very helpful. The taxi call up point was in the lobby and the taxi was there in minutes.
We were on the 10th floor so could not really hear the city traffic.
All at a reasonable $144 per night + $10 for overnight parking which was very economical.

Room Tip: higher the better
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sudima Suites? Share your experiences!