“Dinner at Jeremy's” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 2,980 Restaurants in Brisbane
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our vision is to provide a place where quality food, wine and service join together to offer patrons a premium experience which inspires them to seek the same dedication to quality, craftsmanship and co-operation in their daily lives.
Brisbane
“Dinner at Jeremy's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

A delectable feast using the finest of quality ingredients. Each course added another layer of flavour and texture. The service was attentive and not intrusive. Much enjoyed and will be back - daily if I lived closer!!

Visited March 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“The Little Things Done Perfectly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'll confess, I'm a regular, but that's because I can't find better in Brisbane. The attention to detail in and out of the kitchen and the personal service is what makes Jeremy's special. From the meticulous presentation of the meals, to the excellent coffee, to the brushing of crumbs from the tablecloth between courses and the ongoing gastronomical advice I receive each visit.
To LittleBritObsessed, I say you should definitely give it another try, you've missed out on something special. I've eaten and still eat at Alchemy, Aria, Cha Cha Cha, MooMoos, E'cco, Urbane, etc (sorry Jeremy). All good restaurants, but in my opinion, not up to the quality of food and wine and the uniquely intimate Melbourne/Euro feel of Jeremy's. Cheers Squire, see you shortly!

PS: Don't waste your time on fatty, greasy buffet breakfasts - try Jeremy's, it'll change your life.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“burger and beer ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Walked in off the street for a 'Burger and Beer' lunch deal. Pleasant, cosy atmosphere and great selection of beers, some that I have not seen elsewhere. Excellent food although its ' mc cheeseburgerish' size surprised me as being a little on the small side given the price.

J v, Owner at Jeremy's Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear 13rycey

So glad you found us. Thanks for commenting on our excellent burger. We make all the ingredients for our delicious burgers right here in our little Albert St kitchen. We offer our bar menu to compliment our extensive collection of craft beers. Next time you visit try our Al a carte menu in the restaurant it's more substantial!
Kind Regards
Jeremy & Team
London
“Not quite my cup of tea”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have been walking past this restaurant for some time and decided to celebrate with dinner in February 2014. The wine list was pretty impressive, and we chose a lovely Montepulciano which was reasonably priced for a city restaurant. Unfortunately, the food was fairly average for what we considered a comparatively large price tag.

Food-wise, my dining companion's 3 scallops on potato blinis were tiny - they are an appetiser but at $15 we were expecting at least 3 big lush well cooked, melt in your mouth, scallops but they were supermarket-sized and lacking any caramelisation or pizzazz. My pate entree was pretty good and I enjoyed their take on caramelised onions. The choice of white holey ciabatta could be improved by switching to the lovely warm bread that they give you at the start of the meal.

For the mains, we both chose the barramundi with salsa verde and what we thought were going to be chunks of roasted potato and a baby salad. Unfortunately, our main took over an hour to come out after our entree was cleared and we were disappointed that the potato element was actually 5 potato crisps (?!?). The fish was quite well cooked, with a lovely crispy skin. However, the salsa verde was far too salty for my taste and the potato crisps were oily and just do not go with the dish.

The service was good but we left feeling disappointed and opted to try out the Chocolateria across the road for dessert, instead of staying put.

Visited January 2014
J v, Owner at Jeremy's Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear LittleBritObsessed

Thanks for coming to Jeremy's. So glad you enjoyed your Montepulciano. We appreciate your comments and the effort they represent. On your next visit please introduce yourself so we can address and discuss the concerns you may have.

Kind regards
Jeremy and Team
Oslo, Norway
“Everything was excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Exceptional service, elegant interiors, tasty breakfast and a very nice wine selection.
We stayed at the Midtown Apartments, and I´m really happy the receptionist recommended us this place for breakfast! My parents were very impressed as well.

As the previous reviewer states, this is old classy "english" service, that makes you feel important and appreciated. The meals are a bit pricey, but definitely worth it. Nice fresh juices and delicious coffee. Sadly we were in quite a rush, since we had to catch a flight after breakfast, so we couldn´t enjoy this place as much as we wanted.

I will definitely eat breakfast here again if I ever return to Brisbane.
Highly recommended!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
J v, Owner at Jeremy's Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear FyFyzan

Thanks for visiting Jeremy's Bistro & Bar. It was our pleasure to look after you. So glad you enjoyed your breakfast. Next time your in Brisbane join us for Lunch/Dinner and try one of our 6 new local craft beers on Tap. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Kind regards