“Great rolls, average Pho” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,387 of 3,115 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Twickenham
“Great rolls, average Pho”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great summer rolls, try the lemongrass chicken ones for a little change. Pho was average and they got our order wrong, leaving in the tripe we asked not to be included.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I tried two dishes. In both cases the level of spice was so slight that I had difficulty detecting the flavors at all. I was half way through one dish before being able to taste lemongrass and this was the signature taste of the dish according to the menu. The sambal chicken did not taste of sambal or at least I could not detect the flavor at all.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Waimate, New Zealand
“Very 'street'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Found July and I returned again for dinner in September.
The thing that appealed to me was it reminded very much of a SE Asian restaurant - sort of spills out onto the street and has people coming and going and all slightly hectic and garish colours - just missing the chickens in the door and lizards on the table.
Both times I visited I was greeted warmly, served promptly and the food was exceptionally tasty - Aussies don't do spices well so this was a nice compromise.
Also, the place was well populated with diners who seemed to be cleaning their plates as well, but still not over-packed.
I'll be back next time I'm in the Brissy CBD.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich, Australia
“It could be better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

If you are looking for a relaxing atmophere this is not the place to go. This is our second visit for lunch. I decided to give them another chance, but was disappointed. The staff do not acknowledge you and tell you to just sit there. You will on most occassions share tables with other patrons due to limited seating. This would be ok if they put your order down in front of you and not in the middle to the table. We waited 10 minutes to be served and whilst it is aknowledged staff have limited english speaking skills, a smile means the same in all languages. Cutlery is placed in a large serving bowl in the middle of the table. Drinks and food and placed on the table with in a very unfriendly manner. I love my food but part from the spring rolls, the flavou is just not there. In some instances quite bland. There are a large number of restarants in Fortitide Valley which serve a varity of different flavour experiences. If you are wanting a meal that you could possibly make yourself this is the place for you. Costings and sizes of meals are high and small. There are a number of other restaurants in the valley which are much better value and provide a real taste and flavour experience. My partner enjoyed his meal but made comment about the portion size. You will find better.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Disappointing - was better in the past”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We have been going to PhoB on and off for a number of years. We enjoy Vietnamese food and frequent a number of Vietnamese restaurants in Brisbane. The food on our recent experience was disappointing and the dishes were equivalent to something that we could readily prepare at home. We had a range of dishes including salads, noodles and chicken dishes. None of the dishes were 'special' and possibly will stick to the other Vietnamese restaurants in preference to PhoB.

• Visited December 2011