“disaster” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Moo Moo The Wine Bar + Grill

Moo Moo The Wine Bar + Grill
The Port Office, Stamford Plaza | Cnr Edward & Margaret Streets, Brisbane, Queensland 4218, Australia
07 3236 4500
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #281 of 3,119 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Grill, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Moo Moo The Wine Bar + Grill At The Port Office is an award winning fine dining steak restaurant. With an extensive range of premium in-house air-dried Angus beef, a chic cocktail lounge and over 900 wines, Moo Moo puts the sexy back in steak.
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went took my mother Moo Moo for an early dinner with our young daughter along too. The food and service were good (if a little over priced for the quality) but the disaster was dessert. My daughter was getting tired and my partner had another event to get to, so we requested dessert on the basis it wouldn't take longer than 15 mins to arrive. 30 mins later we were told "its on the way" 40 mins "its sitting on the counter" (we really wanted to leave at this point but felt if it was sitting on the counter that we had to stay) 1HOUR after ordering dessert we finally gave up and left. It simply never arrived, although our waiter kept telling us it was about it any moment. My partner was late for his event, my daughter was falling asleep on the table, and an hour of waiting left us all feeling agitated and disappointed. Really badly handled, they should have been honest about whatever was going on the in the kitchen so that we could make an informed decision about our evening.
Oh, and then we were charged for the dessert! No apology, nothing to acknowledge the totally unprofessional handling of the situation. Horrible experience, never going there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wollongong, Australia
“Last meal on earth! To die for!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My partner and I stayed a few nights in Broadbeach and were recommended to dine here... We saved this restuarant until our last night on holidays, and lucky we did otherwise we would have ate here every night and been all steaked out!!!
Both my partner and I ordered the VIP label striploin ($95), which of course you expect the steak to melt in your mouth paying that much each!! And boy did it ever! We expected it to be smaller than it was so we over compensated on sides which were equally as divine...

Now, I work in hospitality myself as a restuarant supervisor at a fairly large sized, busy, family pub (my partner as a bar supervisor at the same venue), so when we dine out we are quite critical on service, ambience etc...
And all I can say is that the service we recieved from the moment we stepped foot in the restuarant to make a reservation, until after we left after paying our bill was A+++

Through out the entire dining experience it was like big brother was watching our every move, and responding to every que we made... EG. As soon as I finished my meal and put my knife and fork together he was there presenting toothpicks... but at the very same time, they gave us the perfect amount of space when we were eating and talking and not once did we feel rushed to eat, pay and leave...
They had good knowledge of all wine, ingredients etc and answered any questions we had...

My only issue was not being able to withdraw money upon payment... So in order to tip our waiter we ran across to the Sofitel to withdraw money from the ATM, and come back...

In total we spent just under $300 on dinner... but it was WORTH IT!!!
I highly recommend this commendable restuarant to everyone I talk to since...
And i don't believe you'd have to order a hundred dollar steak to appreciate the talented chefs and hospitable staff at Moo Moo, Broadbeach.

Go there!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing 50 day aged steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

A great meal , service was attentive , cocktails made well , the steak 50 day aged for. Bone in rib eye waguo was wonderful , so good I had 2 , this was first class well done to all who served wand the chefs for cooking up great steak

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Not surprised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had one of our friend's birthday dinner. Service wasn't as pleasant as we thought it would be, considering the price & venue.
Steaks was good but not surprising.

Visited June 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Good steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The moo moo signature steak dish was excellent, and friendly service. Not budget eating here so don't expect a cheap night out. They did forget a salad that was ordered apart from that, al good

• Visited October 2012