For decades, Brisbane was missing a real "airport" hotel - an oddity given it's international hub status and frequent use as an emergency stopover when Sydney is fogged in. This Novotel is a capable and well-located hotel, although several miles from the terminal.
Designed in faux-modern, the rooms have comfortable beds and are well-isolated from the sound of the airport. As is typical with Australian hotels, get set to be gouged on internet access - with $24.95/day for what is claimed a half-megabit connection. Of course it was dead slow and pretty unusable. When do we start to see results for the $50B Australian government broadband for all program?
With an all-new hotel, you'd think the televisions would give a proper picture, but no dice. Several pictures I viewed were on mal-adjusted TV's with snowy pictures from what is known to be a clear satellite.
Breakfast room service was mid-range in pricing, service was quick, and staff was friendly. I agree with the other reviewer that the $5 charge for the shuttle seems petty for a room pushing $300 a night.
Upgraded room had "minimalist" shower design that guarantees the floor is flooded. Get an extra towel.
Much better than the motel-looking alternatives located much further away from the airport, but BNE needs a real terminal-adjacent hotel to give a balance to what's available at modern airports.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Brisbane Airport Hotel Brisbane
- Novotel Brisbane Airport Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally positioned as the only accommodation available within the Brisbane Airport precinct, the property is conveniently located in between the Gateway Arterial roads and adjacent to the DFO Shopping Centre. Featuring 157 modern rooms and suites, state of the art conference facilities, restaurant and bar, 24 hour reception and room service, and a large rooftop heated swimming pool. All rooms are stylish and tastefully decorated, offer air conditioning, work desk, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities and LCD TV. Catalina Restaurant and Bar serves contemporary Australian cuisine and features a stylish bar with separate lounge area. For your relaxation the hotel offers a massage service, gymnasium overlooking the action of the airport, sauna and magnificent roof top relaxation terrace with glass sided lap pool. Explore the nearby attractions like the excitement of Eagle Farm and Doomben Race Courses, the city’s grandest extravaganzas at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and the exclusive dining and shopping precinct at Portside Wharf and Cruise Terminal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Novotel Brisbane Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.