“Good food, but portions are small” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Gold Coast Australia
“Good food, but portions are small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went there for a family celebration and enjoyed ourselves. They do not have highchairs but they did allow us to have a child with our own booster seat. They made our grand-daughter most welcome. We elected for the set menu and there were two choices for every course. I had a quiche lorraine for entree and it was beautiful - made with flaky pastry. I had steak for mains and it was perfectly cooked and very tender. Unfortunately it was too small and I was still hungry. Sweets were some sort of Christmas log. Not sure what it was, it was non-descript. It was sweet, but without a lot of taste.
Staff were pleasant and most welcoming.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
“First Class Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Phenomenal Food. The staff made the experience more enjoyable. Each portion was of perfectly sized and full of flavour. Faultless dining experience.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Feels like Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Visit C'est Bon and you feel as if you are in Paris, the decor, the staff and of course the food. Traditional French dishes nicely prepared with fresh ingredients. French onion soup, snails, souffle, duck in orange sauce, coq au vin, rabbit casserole, creme caramel, tarte tatin, crepe suzette are just a selection. Have not yet tried the new $55, 3 course menu but the menu looks good and I hear it is popular.

Visited December 2013
Cleveland, Australia
“Very disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been to C'est bon on many occasions, the first being the most impressive. The food was a delight, although the portions were slightly small. The second time was less than impressive but still ok. Today was by far the worst. The food was consistently bland. I was served a small watery potato based entre dish with lettuce and it was passed off as a main course. The dessert was tasteless. My guests were happy with their main course sized meals but not with the desserts. The host blamed my dissatisfaction on me. Our "special occasion" wasn't so special any more. I decided I will not be returning.

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“French and fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Our favourite restaurant - an authentic French dining experience where the owner (who is always there to greet you!) is French, as are the wait staff and chefs. Bistro meets country fare with a little inner city chic too - delightful!

• Visited November 2013