“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aynsley Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brisbane
Aynsley Bed and Breakfast
You added Aynsley Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
14 Glanmire Street | Paddington, Brisbane, Queensland 4064, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 63 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Toowoomba, Australia
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights while we were in Brisbane visiting our son. We found the accommodation to be very warm, inviting and comfortable. Gina and Garth greeted us on arrival and offered us afternoon tea on the back verandah. Breakfast was very pleasant. Gina is a marvellous cook and everything was home cooked including the bread, jam and yoghurt. Delicious. We found Gina and Garth to be very helpful about places to visit and restaurants to visit. After a long day walking and browsing it was wonderful to take a dip in the pool. The rooms were very clean and beds comfy. We would certainly recommend Aynsley to anyone wanting to stay in Brisbane as Paddington is very central to everything and we will certainly be returning. Thanks Gina and Garth .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent over a week in this lovely B&B while visiting our son, a student at the University of Queensland. The hosts Gena and Garth were delightful and went out of their way to make sure that our stay was enjoyable. The accommodations were comfortable, spacious and very clean. Breakfasts were varied, copious and utterly delicious. We have already recommended this B&B to several friends, and we are looking forward to staying at Aynsley again should our travels take us back to Brisbane.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Burleigh Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've never spoiled myself like this before. Gina and Garth are warm, down to earth and lovely hosts.
My rooms were clean, fresh, bright and cheery.
My only regret...that I didn't "steal" some of Gina's recipes.
I would absolutely recommend Aynsley to anybody that needs a few restful and cheery days of being utterly spoiled.
Thank you Gina!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I live locally in Brisbane and since June 2011, I’ve been undertaking extensive renovations on my home. Hard work, constant dust and building rubble that are part and parcel of renovating, bring about the need for regular short breaks away and what we've found we've needed most was somewhere quite, to promote rest and relaxation in homely surrounds... and find it we did at Aynsley Bed & Breakfast... a quite property with the perfect atmosphere, friendly welcoming hosts and the best breakfasts!! My daughters and I have become regular visitors and love the beautiful afternoon teas Gina serves upon arrival, followed by a swim and quite rest in the lovely gardens surrounding Aynsley B & B, before indulging in dinner at one of the many restaurants Paddington has to offer. Sleep is always welcome, knowing we’ll wake and enjoy Gina’s hearty breakfasts out on the deck overlooking the hilly Paddington landscape. We’ve come to consider Gina and Garth as surrogate family and look forward to catching up with them. We will be regular visitors long after renovations are complete!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Barwon Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a couple of nights to go to an exhibition at the queensland gallery. The house is airy and light-filled and breakfast on the back veranda is scrumptious. Gina is a generous host and a great cook. Our room looked out onto the pool and vegetable garden. I would recommend staying here for a relaxed, peaceful stay within easy reach of the city of Brisbane by foot (40 mins) or by bus.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with twin beds - so a good B and B for those not wanting to share a bed!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I came upon Aynsley Bed&Breakfast six years ago while visiting family in Australia. What a
beautiful place. So peaceful,quiet ,wonderful hosts,and of course the breakfast. Gena and Garth
are extended family to me. So helpful and kind with helpful information to offering me a ride
to catch a train to see a visiting friend who was in a rest home. They dropped everything to
help. Each time is catching up with happenings of the year etc. I'm so glad I found this
beautiful B&B. Close enough to get to downtown Brisbane and all the sites.

Bev

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst on business in Brisbane. On leaving, I left my brand new CD player and several other items. I phoned the hostess on returning home two days later. She advised me she had "given away" my CD player to friends of hers, and put my other (new) items out for the use of the other guests.

She said she thought I "didn't want" them and was completely unapologetic when I told her that yes, I very much wanted them. I pointed out that she had a local phone number on which she could have made a quick, no-cost call to me confirm this rather strange assumption (i.e. that I wouldn't want a brand new mini-stereo that still had its box with it!).

When I told her I was intending to return and asked if she could retrieve the items (most especially the CD player), she told me most unceremoniously that she "had enough rubbish of her own here, without storing other people's for them".

Always nice to have your (new) property called "rubbish" by your "hostess".

I managed to extract a vague commitment that she would attempt to retrieve my CD player (and in the process, being made to feel subhuman) - "next time she saw" the friends to whom she gave it.

A responsible hostess would surely seek to correct the situation by making an immediate phone call to the errantly receiving party of a guest's (very much wanted) property.

I think I'll go back to using hotels for my business trips after this experience. At least they have policies about not "giving away" guests' obviously valuable property - or checking before they do.

I'll be adding a PS to this review, as to whether I got my property back.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Aynsley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!