“Good food, terrible service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #243 of 3,102 Restaurants in Brisbane
Good for: Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brisbane, Australia
“Good food, terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have been here for a few times now and the food has always been good. However, this time the service was really below average. It was quite busy for a Monday night and when we got there, they could not find our booking, even though I had received a confirmation of the online booking through Dimmi, the service they use on their restaurant website. We managed to get a table outside next to the street and you could tell the staff did not expect the high number of guests at that time. There seemed to be no system and everyone was running around cluelessly. It took half an hour for our drinks order to be taken, then another half an hour for the food order and we still had not received our drinks by then. We first asked a waiter about it and then I spoke to a guy who seemed to be the manager, who then visibly told off the waiter in front of all the guests. Quite unprofessional.

Again the food was good, nothing spectacular but we had a nice dinner. I just do not understand how some restaurant owners/managers fail to see that implementing a service system/structure that works would increase efficiency and productivity and in turn increase turnover. The chaos would affect your dining experience, but the food would be the main reason for a return visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Hue soup better than Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We are regular visitors to this establishment with our kids. We love the food always, but the hue style soup is just awesome better than we have had in Vietnam love it. We have always had great service from the staff and owner

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich, Australia
“ITS OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My partner and I strolled along Little Stanley St, South Brisbane looking for at the many options available for dinner. We thought we would give Viet de Lites a go. My meal (Coconut Curry Prawns) was ok but for $24 there were only 4 prawns in the dish. The flavour was subtle and the accopanying jasmine rice good. My partner has teh pork with cracked egg and rice. Very disappointing. LIttle flavour and certainly not a meal that would fill. Unfortunately, we won't be back

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
brisbane
“Fresh and so very tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Hubby and I had tea here last night. The service was what you would expect for a jam packed chaotic south bank resturant. This place was full to the brim when we arrived but we were seated straight away and our orders taken promptly. We waited about 40 minutes for our food but it was definitely worh the wait. The food was ncredibly flavoursome, huge portions and good value. I can't wait to enjoy the food here again. Ask for a sidewalk table to enjoy the atmosphere.

Brisbane, Australia
“Refused to acknowledge my booking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

What a surprise upon arrival at Viet de Lites that they had no knowledge of my booking for 4. The man could not have cared less. Be very careful when you book. I even spelt out my details. I will never return.