“Convenient location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Terrace Hotel

Save Saved
You added Mantra Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
Mantra Terrace Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52 Astor Terrace | Spring Hill, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly Diamant Hotel Brisbane)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Perth, Australia
“Convenient location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night, spacious rooms with all the basic amenities including an iPod docking station. Clean bathroom. Within walking distance to Central station (train access to airport) and malls. I needed a late checkout and the staff were accommodating of that, no hassles. Overall a good stay! Will come back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
DiamantBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Chanakya S,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and will return when you are in Brisbane albiet business or leisure. Our aim is to provide the highest standard of product and service at and I was very pleased to read it was provided during your recent stay with us.

Thank you for providing such a positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mantra Terrace Hotel.

Leah White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Internet access is free and you get 1mbps down/up (Speedtest.net results). It's not good enough to Skype but you can use IM.

The gym deal is amazing. I'd prefer every hotel to have an agreement with gyms in the neighborhood instead of trying to maintain their own health club.

The Fitness First on the corner of Creek and Elizabeth street (10 minute walk from the hotel) is tops for weight training and cardio.

The location is fantastic and there are many dining options nearby and the Queen street happening spots are close by.The bar downstairs offers great food and wonderful company. The hotel staff is friendly, in particular Lisa!

I can only fault this hotel because of Internet access and for not being in the same league as the other hotels I've been to which I've given 5/5.

Sorry guys - You are good though!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
DiamantBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear rgdacosta,

Thank you for sharing your recent hotel experience on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read your feedback and will definitely pass on your positive comments directly to our service team.

I am very pleased to read that you found the gym agreement with Fitness first of benefit. It is great to be able to provide this service to our guests to enjoy at their leisure and within such close proximity to the hotel.

Thank you for providing such a positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next choose to visit Brisbane.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night courtesy of my airline due to a very long delay. The check in staff were friendly and helpful and my room was comfortable, although the bed seems quite short even for me, and I'm fairly small. The decor was quite modern and the bathroom and shower were lovely, particularly after spending all day stuck in an airport.
I had breakfast in the hotel's cafe and it was delicious. It wasn't the usual buffet selection but instead an a la carte menu. As I was in a hurry I just had some yoghurt and muesli with a green tea but it looked like there were some delicious hot options on the menu. They also served Toby's Estate coffee there.
The hotel was about 20 mins from the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Missyb_11,

Thank you for sharing your recent hotel experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had a comfortable nights rest after your long delay at the airport!
I was very pleased to read your stay was a positive experience. We are lucky to have a team who genuinely care and have a passion for guest service.

I too agree that O Bar and Restaurant have a fantastic breakfast menu..and great coffee!

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bribie Island, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Have stayed a number of times in this hotel. It located within 10 minutes walk of the CBD and 5 minutes from Central Railway Station. Perfect location in a quiet street after business hours. The best part of this place is although the rooms are small the beds are one of the most comfortable I have slept in a hotel. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the downstairs bar and restaurant are well worth a look at.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mark H,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I am extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

As you are a regular guest it is fantastic to receive this positive reaffirmation so thank you for sharing your views.

I agree the beds are extremely comfortable. This is due in part to the wonderful toppers on each of the beds, it's like sleeping on a cloud. Please feel free to contact us directly to assist if you would like to purchase for your home.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next choose to visit Brisbane.

United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Modern, funky hotel. Room was clean with tv/aircon and bed was really comfy! Couldn't fault the staff, very helpful with any problems. Pretty good location. Easy walk to the city central and quiet in the evenings if you want some peace. Only negative I would have is that the room was slightly small. Fine for me on my own but I had previously stayed in an apartment 3x the size for only $20 extra (but I guess that's just brisbane prices!)! If you do stay here, check out the 'jak + hill' reataurant next door - great food!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Rachel-Singleton,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read your stay was a positive experience and that you found the rooms to be modern and comfortable. We do have a great team of service staff and I am delighted to hear you found the team to be helpful during your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to having you return to the hotel when you next choose to visit Australia.

sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed in a premier room on the 6th floor for one night. facility was modern. the king size bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up in the morning. the o bar downstairs was also very good. would recommend. only negative I felt was the location wasn't as central as I would have liked.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear j8391,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I have passed on your positive feedback to both the hotel service team and O Bar and Restaurant.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when you next choose to visit Brisbane.

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night in a Premier room on Sat 21.6.14. We booked through Wotif and got a great deal including a free room upgrade, continental breakfast and a 12:00 check-out. We arrived, had a very smooth check in with a delightful receptionist, got directions for the carpark, and went up to our room. The décor of the hotel is very cool & charming, the room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Yes, it was on the smaller size, but we were there for less then 24 hours and really only spent most of that sleeping!! The King bed was so comfortable we wanted to take it home with us! The shower was great, nice pressure and heat. We received a lovely surprise when a bottle of bubbles was delivered to our room for our anniversary, so nice :)
We had a great sleep and breakfast in O was fantastic!! See my review on their page. The man that processed our check out was fantastic as well!
Highly recommend Diamant for a short, relaxing stay

Room Tip: We had room 511 which was at the end of a corridor, well away from the lifts and nice & quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DiamantBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear pg1418,

Congratulations on your recent anniversary and thank you for choosing the Diamant Hotel to spend your time on this special occasion. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had the opportunity to experience the services and products we have on offer.

Our hotel service team and the O Bar and Restaurant staff are delighted to hear of your positive review.

I too agree that our beds are amazing. This is due in part to the wonderful toppers on each of the beds, it's like sleeping on a cloud. Please feel free to contact us directly to assist if you would like to purchase for your home.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next special occasion.

Leah White

Been to Mantra Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!