“Nice Comfy Bed for a Good Night Sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Terrace Hotel

Save Saved
You added Mantra Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
Mantra Terrace Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52 Astor Terrace | Spring Hill, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia (Formerly Diamant Hotel Brisbane)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney, Australia
“Nice Comfy Bed for a Good Night Sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just spent a week in this hotel on a business trip paid by work. The room was quite small as per the other reviewers had mentioned and the pullout desk was definitely served no purpose as it only pulled out by a few centimetres at best. Definitely not the place if you spend a lot of time n your hotel room.

The pros:
* the bed is super comfy, it will guarantee an excellent night sleep along with a bunch of nice comfy pillows.
* The tea provided in the room are a range of tea from T2 and you get a lot of choices too from English Breakfast, China Jasmine, Chamomile etc. The coffee comes from Robert Timms, so those combination are definitely hit the right spot.
* Staff are very friendly and nice, although it would be helpful if they notified me when I checked in that there is no housekeeping person available after 5pm. I spent ages ringing them only to get busy signal and not til I called the reception that I was told that there is no one there to answer the phone after 5pm.
* restaurant was ok, although limited choice on Room Service.

The Cons:
* Extremely small room. I can lay on my bed and reach the fridge without getting up and I am not even a tall person with short arms... :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Little QT,

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.

I am glad to hear that overall you had an enjoyable week with us and list of pros you have mentioned has outwaited single con being the size of the room. Please keep in mind that we have few room types available on the property ranging in size. Feel free to contact me directly when you have your next Brisbane trip planned and I will take you through some of the other room types and take this con right off the list 
I believe for a week-long stay Diamant Suite would be more suitable and might be more to your liking and make your stay with us even more comfortable.

Looking forward to hearing back from you once you have your next Brisbane trip planned and welcoming you back to Diamant.

Diamant Hotel Brisbane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Small rooms very much offset by excellent staff and very good service.
Dinner at OBar was reasonable, but breakfast was Very Good.
My wife and I had a great time and would come back again.
Note - this is not a hotel for staying in the room. If you are out and about the small room size is not a factor, otherwise great value and the breakfast and coffee at OBar were very good. The in room tea quality was a hit with my wife.

Room Tip: Premier or suite for a little more size
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kenan,

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.
I am very pleased to hear that we have managed to impress your wife with tea and coffee selection in the rooms and so often mentioned and recognised personalised and friendly service provided by our loyal staff.

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Diamant on your next trip to Sunshine State!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The rooms were tiny and smaller than they look online, and parking is a little exorbitant. Despite advertising a 'workspace' the desk included kettle glasses and condiments which left little to no room for 'workspace'. The Internet login instructions don't work on mac. Not such a great place to stay for a week of work - but that meant I found out why it was also one of the nicest places to stay. The saving grace are the lovely beds, the fantastic staff, and the bar and restaurant downstairs. I normally leave the restaurants at hotels and find other watering holes elsewhere but after a few days I realised what a good thing I was on. The bar is open space and nice to have a drink while you work, seemed where half the surrounding office staff had 'meetings', and the food was fabulous. I was there at the end of a heat wave and a Hendricks is exactly the drink of choice.
I'm actually moving to Brisbane reluctantly, but this ended up being a lovely introduction in the end thanks to the wonderful staff.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Reschndler,

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.
I am glad to hear that we have managed to make this a top stay for you ,even though you found our rooms to be quite compact, and impress you with bedding, fantastic staff and our quirky little Restaurant on the ground floor.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to O Bar for the “meetings” once you move to Brisbane and please don’t hesitate to contact us directly should you need accommodation leading to your permanent move to Brisbane.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

yes - a great hotel, with a modern look and feel. I especially liked the bathroom - contempory design with a good shower. I found the reception staff welcoming and helpful. the next door eatery and bar was also good - ate there for breakfast and it was perfect for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Dokoo,

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review!
I am very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and found the reception staff welcoming and liked look and feel of our lovely little property on Astor Terrace!

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and please don’t hesitate to give us a call direct when you have your next Brisbane trip planed as we would love an opportunity to welcome you back to Diamant.

Airlie Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Upon arrival I was welcomed by extremely friendly and courteous staff which left a lasting impression. The room was clean and bright and the bed was ridiculously comfy. Will definitely be back again - fantastic

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Evan,

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post such a lovely review!
I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with service staff provided and found the room to be well equipped with most comfortable beds ever!
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to our little hidden gem on Astor Terrace next time you visit Brisbane!

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've read other reviews that expressed disappointment over the size of the rooms. Yes, the standard rooms are small but I've stayed in smaller (mainly in Europe). Plus, I've stayed here before so knew pretty much what I was going to get.

That said, I like this hotel. The service is very good, the decor is modern and elegant, the rooms are well equipped; and if you're in Brisbane to work, socialise etc and wont be in the room much, do you really need a big room?

It's a short walk from central station, so it's a good choice if you're catching the AirTrain. It's a short walk into the city, to riverside etc, but pretty quiet and tucked away a little, so I think the location is good.

The restaurant/bar downstairs is great. I really like having a beer outside here, and breakfast is good too.

In terms of the room, a standard is fine for a single or maybe a couple. There is no seating, just the bed. The mini bar has a small but good selection, and the prices are reasonable. Tea and coffee is a cut above the usual, with T2 and Robert Timms sachets - no Liptons or International Roast here! There is an ironing board and space to hang up clothes. There's an iPod docking state which is great, and something more hotels should offer. Free wifi was good and it worked without problems.

The shower is great - the shower head is a very powerful rain shower one, but it's attached to the wall not the ceiling which is great if you don't want to get your hair wet. Toiletries ok, nothing special. No shower cap, which was a bit annoying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Madeleine,

Thank you for returning to Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to post such a helpful and informative review!

Very pleased to hear that you have appreciated and liked our high quality selection of tea and coffee available in the rooms and complimentary internet. Such a shame that you didn’t mention lneed of shower cap in your room to the staff at the time of your stay as one would be delivered to your room immediately. We stock very good quality toiletry sets in the rooms and wider selection, such us tooth brush, shaving sets, shower caps etc. is available upon requests at any time. We even have Cloud Nine hair straighteners available for guest use! Please feel free to contact our friendly reception team if there is anything you need while you are staying with us and they will do their best to have it available as soon as possible.

Again, thank you for your time and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Diamant, hopefully soon!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were impressed with our stay last night at the Diamant Hotel. The location is great. Short (10-15 minute walk to the city). The customer service we received by the reception staff was outstanding. The room although compact was spotless and well appointed. The extra touches such as quality toiletries, coffee bags and tea was very much appreciated. Our breakfast (cafe/ bar attached to the hotel) was delicious, the staff were attentive and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elke,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane and were impressed with service provided by our loyal staff!

Your feedback is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Brisbane visit! Please feel free to call us directly should you need any help with your future reservations.

All the best and hopefully we will see you soon!

Diamant Hotel Brisbane

Been to Mantra Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!