“There are worse places out there but I wouldn't stay here again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Miro Apartments

and 1 more site!
You added The Miro Apartments to your Saves list
The Miro Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   41 Robertson Street | Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia   |
Ranked #31 of 114 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Mackay, Australia
“There are worse places out there but I wouldn't stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had a challenging stay here. It doesn't have after hours reception so I had to use a code that they gave me to access the building and safe to get my room keys. That was easy enough but then I went up to the room, dropped off my bag and and phone and took my key and went down the road for some dinner. Upon returning o the hotel I realised that my key would access the lobby but not the second door which required the code which was on my phone in my room. After banging on the door and waiting for an hour hoping someone would come in or out of the building I finally went back outside and down through the basement car park and my room key opened the door there so I got inside the building. The rooms were very modern industrial in style, which was fine but they were pretty ordinary, the bed was a tiny double, no way 2 people could have slept in it so lucky my wife wasn't travelling with me. To top off my unpleasant experience there was a construction site next door and they started jack hammering first thing in the morning meaning you couldn't sleep in or watch tv or anything as the noise was unbearable and the walls about as sound proof as cardboard. On the positive side the location is good and the rates are relatively cheap but i will pay more to avoid this place on future visits to Brisbane.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay in any of them at least until the construction next door is completed. The groun...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hope Island, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My company booked me into the Miro for a couple of weeks while I was working extended hours. The location is great for the Valley and a number of bars & restaurants are nearby.

The apartment had everything I needed but the design was a bit strange with a only very thin curtain separating off the bedroom and the bathroom as a bit industrial, strange shaped shower with a stainless steel floor which seemed like something out of a prison block.

Although the property makes every effort to discourage it there was quite a bit of noise late at night especially at the weekends with folk coming & going to the nightclubs (sadly I was working).

On a positive the staff were great, car park very handy for the valley and it seemed lower priced for Brisbane but I wouldn't choose to stay there, or maybe just for a midweek overnight.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back seem quieter as they are off street, but their balconies face a very full resi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Recently stayed here for 3 nights. Chose The Miro Apartments based on reviews and location to a course I was attending in Fortitude Valley.

I arrived after hours and received a text the day of arrival with the code to get into the building and to the safe where I would find the key to the apartment.

Apartment was clean and spacious as previously mentioned. The apartment was outfitted with all dishes and cutlery and a small amount of dish and laundry detergent was provided. It had a washer/dryer combo in the bathroom.

What I wasn't keen on - the "bedroom" was to the immediate right upon entering the apartment, it had a sheer curtain closing it off from the entrance way (see picture). The shower was open, meaning no shower door (I don't like these type of showers). The apartment (101) I was in faced the front of the building, level one at the very end where the undercover parking garage is, therefore there was noise from that and Robertson Street which is also noisy, while trying to watch tv. The apartment itself needs updating, some skirting boards around the bottom of the walls would give it that 'finished' look... and it could use a splash of colour on the walls, it was very stark....not even a picture anywhere in the unit. The bathroom had no towel rails, there was a suction hook (only 1) stuck to the shower glass. There is Wifi...for a cost...I paid $19 for 24hrs and barely used it because the signal was poor and kept dropping out....was a waste of money in my opinion. Used my mobile phone which was much better!

The apartments are a short 5 minute walk to The Story Bridge. Restaurants/cafes and convenience store in the area or a short walk away. Fortitude Valley train station about 15 minute walk away. I took a taxi from the airport because it was dark and I didn't know where I was going....cost me about $48.

I can't say whether I would stay here again....I wouldn't if I was on vacation with my family. I might if I was away on business again and if I needed to be in the area. It wasn't bad...it needs work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at The Miro Apartments last night. The position of the apartments is sensational. We walked to the valley (took 3 mins) and had a great night out then in the morning walked over to the city and had breakfast overlooking the river. The apartment has everything you could ask for and we absolutely loved the layout, very cleverly done. Bed was comfy and although its so close to the night life we never heard a thing. The on-site manageress was not only efficient but very helpful and lovely to boot! Would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone. We certainly will go back, Carol and Tony

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Clean and spacious apartments walking distance to fortitude valley action. The interior decor is boring but functional. The spacious rear courtyard is nice. I would recommend for the price and convenience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed for 1 night. Close to everything the Valley and New Farm has to offer.
The room itself has everything you need, not that we were in it much. Room included a small courtyard at the rear. Very minimal/modern, just starting to show it's age in regards to general wear and tear.
The lady at reception made check-in/out a breeze.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

You couldn't ask for a more friendly reception staff and so refreshing that the special quests had been read and accommodated. We asked for a quiet room and we got a fantastic location on the top floor away from it all. Further, the one bedroom apartments were excellent and a fantastic base for Brisbane. We had two nights in Brisbane and took advantage of the close access to the wonderful Asian food options of Chinatown. Also at the other end of Robertson Road is James Street the trendy cafe and shopping district with some of Australia's best coffee roasters.

The Miro apartments are roomy and the two day supply of all essential needs was excellent. Whilst there were no cooking utensils it was awesome to have sharp knives in the drawer and sufficient glassware, flatware and china. We hope to make this our Brisbane base each time we get to town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Miro Apartments? Share your experiences!