“Fabulous Girls Weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Miro Apartments

You added The Miro Apartments to your Saves list
The Miro Apartments
41 Robertson Street | Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia   |
Ranked #30 of 110 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Brisbane
“Fabulous Girls Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My girlfriends and I stayed at The Miro last weekend in one of their two bedroom apartments and we had a fantastic time! The apartment was spacious (two levels!) and modern and fitted out with all of the bits and bobs that we needed while on holiday. The location of the hotel was awesome, it was close to many restaurants - which was great when we were feeling lazy, even though the kitchen was decked out with absolutely everything we needed. My girlfriends and I have decided that we will most definitely be returning to The Miro next year for our weekend away.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Townsville, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

When visiting Brisbane we usually stay at Miro. A month ago we booked in for 3 nights, the first night the manager didn't text through the after hours access code, after phoning and sending her 3 texts with no reply we had to stay elsewhere, when we asked to be compensated she suggested we were at fault for not being there during weekend reception hours. We met the Managing Director in the carpark & discussed this with him,he apologised & offered a reimbursed night, we took this offer up last week and stayed for 4 nights. On our 3rd day we arrived home from a busy day and were close to running out of toilet paper, I sent our daughter to reception for more & she came back empty hand and was told to find a supermarket and buy our own, my husband then went to reception to clarify the matter, and we was told the same. The only positive out of this experience is that we hadn't quite run out, imagine your return customer not being worth an 80cent roll of toilet paper.Extremely disappointing and we won't be back.

Room Tip: BYO Toilet paper
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Wollongong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Have stayed several times on business trips and have found the location very convenient to get to the City centre and the Southbank precinct. I certainly find the courteous staff refreshing as travelling constantly can be a little stressful. I am always greeted in a warm but professional manner.The apartments are lovely and modern and I have certainly recommended The Miro to colleagues (who now also book The Miro!!).

Room Tip: When booking, let the staff know any particular requirements you may have.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Sydeny, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I recently stayed at The Miro in Fortitude Valley and was very impressed with the quality of the apartment and the friendly, helpful staff. The room was modern, neat and clean. While staying at The Miro the gardens in the atrium were being renovated and looked great. I chose to stay at The Miro because if its great location but I must say after reading some of the reviews on trip advisor I was a little apprehensive but was pleasantly surprised and happy with my stay and would recommend to travelers. The staff were great, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. I called ahead to tell them that I was stuck in traffic on the way from the airport and was pleased to see that the staff in reception were still there after closing time.

Overall great location and highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Bne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Miro presents a haven for corporate and leisure guest alike. It is located couple of k's from cbd so great for business and shopping. Bus travels to city from stop across road every ten mins, taxis to city around $10. Best of all in the evening you can walk out the door and go left or right to discover a wealth of cafe, restaurant and cool bar locations. I stay here weekly and it really works for me on all fronts. Manager and small team are amazing, cheerfull and always ready to assist.
Sandy

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

A modern and very well equipped apartment in Fortitude Valley, close to CBD Brisbane (bus stop just close by). It starts with the friendly welcome on the phone and at the reception by the staff: you are made to feel very welcomed and no question is a bother. The apartment is modern, spacious and full of light; it has the WOA effect ! The kitchen is the centre piece with the add-on of a spacious balcony so makes this place great to host visiting friends. How wonderful to have breakfast on that veranda, even in the middle of winter.

Free carpark in Brisbane is a real bonus; easy walking access to Brunswick Street nightlife and Chinatown was an added bonus.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed here a few times in 2010 and 2011 and both times have found the apartments great but the staff lacking and sometimes rude. I travel to Brisbane a lot for business and decided twice to stay at the Miro instead of the Novotel. Both times the apartments have been large, well maintained and cool. They are near the great restaurants of James St. However the staff are not flexible. I was told off for not returning their call upon check in once (they require you to check in before 6pm as the office closes then. I was in a meeting and didn't answer my mobile. They were clearly paranoid I may turn up at 6.05pm and make them stay late - which I didn't). Another time I had a meeting in the CBD and asked if I could leave my car in their parking (which they have heaps of) until mid day. I got a flat NO. I asked if I could pay to leave it there for a few hours. To that I was told, "I will let you out of the car park now". I took that as a no and that they do not require me to stay there in the future. Which I have not.

Personally i would stay at the Novotel in the city, similar price and the staff are great.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Miro Apartments? Share your experiences!