“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Casino Towers

You added Oaks Casino Towers to your Saves list
Oaks Casino Towers
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   151 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #75 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Rockhampton, Australia
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights to attend a concert which just happened to coincide with Riverfire. We were on the 20th floor in a one bedroom apartment which was situated on the back corner but did have a fairly good view of the river/south bank.
In my opinion, the room was very good, more then enough space for the two of us. Kitchen, good size, bathroom a little small but functional,it is only a bathroom!! The shower has two openings which was a little strange, and the water leaked onto the floor a bit but we just put a washer on the floor and it was all good. King sized bed was great, very comfortable, and the second tv was a bonus!
With Riverfire being on, it was busy in and around the towers but there was a notice up in the lifts outlining this so it wasn't hassle, just had to be patient. We enjoyed ourselves and will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksCasino, Front Office Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers.

We are pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back at Oaks Casino Towers in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Brisbane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for the Friday and Saturday night of Riverfire. Our room was on the 15th floor facing the river, we had a two bedroom apartment with a pull-out couch. A pretty nice location. The room itself was tired looking, the carpet was threadbare in places and the outdoor table falling apart. We had a large balcony which was fantastic, however it was under utilised, the outdoor table was tiny and so much empty space. A bigger table and perhaps some lounge chairs would have been so much nicer. The bed was very comfortable and the water pressure was amazing.
In the hallway of the apartment, the wall was damp we were not sure where the water was coming from. It also took forever to get up and down in the elevators. As it was a popular weekend there was a queue halfway up the foyer.

The worst part however, was my friends jewellery was stolen, a birthday gift I had given her. The gift was left on the table in the lounge room when we went out for the day and when we returned the gift and gift bag were missing. Reception were contacted and they basically didn't care, no compensation was given for the items (took two weeks to respond to enquiries, we were basically told to lodge a police report and claim the items on insurance)... no wait, I'm sorry they offered 10% off our next stay. We won't be back.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else that does not have light fingered staff!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
OaksCasino, General Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing the experience about your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the standard of the apartment that you were allocated. Some of the apartments are scheduled for refurbishment. This will enhance the overall presentation of the apartments and also the guest experience.

Your allegation about the stolen jewellery had been viewed seriously and hence it was suggested to lodge a police complaint. We have honest and hard working staff and it would not be fair to comment that they stole the jewellery without any proof.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your less than ideal stay with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, best location to both queen st and southbank. There was a guy named Lance who worked on the reception desk, he was excellent, really accommodating and helpful. My only criticism would be that some small things in the apartment were in need of repair, eg chipped tiles in shower, toilet that didn't flush properly, kitchen handle half off, only mentioning as is a 4.5 star establishment and therefore should be well maintained. I got a great deal, and would definitely stay again at the price I paid.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers.

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. We have noted your concerns about the maintenance issues in the apartment and corrective action has since been taken. It is pleasing to hear your comments about Lance and his customer service.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed the 5th oct with my partner for one night, I think room 2706. Good view that's the only positive. Once we arrived in the room it smelt odd, there was thong/foot prints on the tiles in the kitchen (clearly not cleaned). Balcony was very dirty, apparently there was window washing getting completed from the 1st oct but hadn't made it to our level. I understand that this cant be done all the time as the cleaners can't clean the outside windows. Then we went to the bathroom, mould all in the shower was actually disgusting!! All it needed was about $1 worth of bleach. Coffee table still had a lot of crumbs on the table also this was not wiped! We tried to change rooms but was advised we are fully booked. I would not spend $240 for one night at this hotel again, I'd expect to pay no ,ore than $120 for this room. Very disappointed as we always go away and wanted to try oaks. I don't think I will return or advise anyone to come back again unless this is addressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit facing the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I regret the shortcomings in service you have reported from housekeeping and our Housekeeping Supervisor has certainly addressed this with his staff.

I apologise for any disappointment you experienced during your stay.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My girlfriend booked this place for the eve of her wedding. She also booked for her family to stay as well. I feel so angry on her behalf. Being a bride to be and the associated planning would be stressful already but to experience poor attitude at a supposed 4.5 star accom doesn't help.
She was advised parking was available prior but upon check in was denied this. When she mentioned she had already confirmed parking prior, the staff did an immediate turn around and advised it was actually available.

She had also Asked for the 2 rooms to be close to another but she is on floor 31 while her family is on floor 14. When she queried this she was given an indifferent attitude. Which indicates the staff simply doesn't care.

Perhaps the staff member is in the wrong industry. My undererstanding is this is the hospitality industry?

I work for a 5 star establishment in melbourne and am surprised the .5 star gap of service was so big. Poor communication regarding the parking. Poor attitude. Let's hope this experience doesn't spoil my friends wedding.
I would suggest people be careful when considering casino towers for significant occasions lest you be disappointed .

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your feedback about the recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers.

I regret the shortcomings in service you have reported and I have addressed the same with our front office team.

This is not up to our usual standard and I apologise for any disappointment you experienced during your stay.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our experience with Oaks Hotels in Brisbane is poor. We booked two, two bedroom apartments and one 3 bedroom (penthouse) apartment. On arrival they put a hold on the room rates and the associated bonds... We are still waiting after 3 business days chasing them to take the hold off our card account. They have debited our account for the room rates but them still maintain a hold on our account. This is the second time we have stayed at an Oaks Hotel in Brisbane and on the first occasion we had to chase our bond back too.

Apart from this the two bedroom apartments were dusty, the balconies and windows were filthy and there were cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling inside and out. The 3 bedroom apartment balcony was equally the same, the master ensuite had a light fitting missing, the oven was filthy and the furniture was ad hoc like none of it match.

I do commend the reception/front desk staff they were fantastic, helpful and professional during our stay.

Unfortunately I don't think I would stay at an Oaks establishment again and if I did I would leave our credit card at home or firmly away from the front desk upon check in.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
OaksCasino, Front Office Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. Your remarks about the cleanliness of the apartments concern me, and I do not take your feedback lightly. I have followed this up with management and housekeeping. In regards to the bond upon check in, we do require a preauthorisation amount for each room which is held by the bank for our business and depending on the bank, can take 2-10 working days to be released. We are able to contact the bank sooner to request they release this holding amount. I am pleased to hear that you found our front desk staff professional and helpful; I will pass this feedback onto them.
Cairns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We've stayed here a few times now. We have always been so happy with our stay and would come back time and time again.

The rooms are a perfect size and the location is amazing.

The staff have always been friendly with trouble only on e when they were insistent we were staying at a different oaks but problem was sorted in no time.

We'll definitely come back.

Room Tip: Room facing the river is more relaxing than the city
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OaksCasino, Front Office Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you have stayed with us before and have enjoyed your stay each time. We did have a slight issue on the weekend in our car park in regards to the pipes, which was sorted that day, and our staff was more than happy to assist you to ensure you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Oaks Casino Towers? Share your experiences!