“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Casino Towers

You added Oaks Casino Towers to your Saves list
Oaks Casino Towers
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   151 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #78 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
London
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I got a great deal through webjet so I wasn't shocked when I was put on one of the lower floors. Despite this there was very little road noise, and I'm a light sleeper. The one bedroom apartment was HUGE (though I think it was a 2 bedroom + study, with one of the bedrooms locked) and had everything you could want, including a DVD player. I had a great view across the river. The hotel is close to most things Brisbane has to offer and is a painless walk to Roma street train, bus and coach station. The people on reception were lovely and I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013
OaksCasino, Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the apartment and our fantastic location. Our aim is to make our guests feel at home and we certainly hope we will welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at the oaks, booked a one bedroom apartment, the room that I got was a two bedroom apartment with one of the bedrooms locked and the ensuite locked. This actually was a good thing as the apartment itself was spacious and the balcony that over looked the Brisbane river was huge. Room was clean and full of all the mod cons one would expect. Only drama was the foxtel was difficult to operate (separate controller from tv took a while to get hang of) and bathroom had conditioner, body lotion but not shampoo, good thing I brought my own.

• Stayed January 2013
Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed staying with us. As we have more two bedroom apartments in our building we do upgrade some of our bookings. I was disapointed to read that housekeeping had overlooked the shampoo and passed on your comments to the department. I certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.in the future.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

It was cheap, but not cheap enough to find a bedroom with a locked ensuite - use the laundry!! - a locked second bedroom, a crane outside the window, and a bunch of workers on the roof of the building next door.
Gives me a Bluebeard feeling, all those locked doors. Won't be back under any circumstances.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you on level 21.
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to brisbane so staying in this hotel made life easier with the main city one street over and the casino across the road everything was literally at our doorsteps!

The room was perfect for what we needed, a kitchen so we could make our own breakfast and store some drinks and snacks, and a tv with foxtel for the few hours we weren't off exploring.

The pool was incredible! Although there are only two sun chairs avaliable leaving me to sun bathe on the floor! But overall I would recommend staying at this hotel! It's easy access to transport as the casino is adjacent there are literally 30 or more waiting taxis!

Also if you walk across the bridge over to the south side, not only is it a lovley 15 min walk but there are so many restaurants of every cuisine! We ate Indian, Greek and modern australian all avaliable on the same street!

Tasmania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at the Oaks Casino Towers for 3 nights. The staff on reception when we arrived were very slow in finding our reservation and getting all the paper work organised. Was given a room on the 20th floor great view on one side of the balcony the other side was a crane with guys working, didnt appreciate the noise at 7am. Obvioulsy this building has been goin on for some time, a little bit of warning when we booked would of been nice. The room its self was rather shabby. had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms had a not laying on the floor when we arrived telling us not to use one of the rooms...fair enough as we only booked a 1 bedroom...but on inspection the towel rail was about to fall off the wall so we requested to use the other room..didnt really matter as that towel rail was the same. Pulled the blind down at night and it wouldnt go back up so had to get that fixed..Walls generally need a good paint all through the unit. Beds are comfy with great pillows. Checkout was pretty smooth, (different receptionist). all in all i think my next trip to Brisbane i will look for something else .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Firstly I only paid $114 for the stay(one night in a one bedroom apartment) so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.
The apartment was not a bad size. Had no view and the bathroom smelt like sewerage/mould.
Comfy bed, aircon worked great! Balcony a plus and pool area was A++
If I stayed here again I would try and request a room with a view or 2 bedroom.

Room Tip: Request a high floor/one with a view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at Casino Towers over Christmas and we've definately noticed a slip in standards in the last twelve months.

Flukishly we were allocated exactly the same room as last year and this allowed us to notice an obvious decline in presentation. The room smelt musty on arrival and needed a good airing. The DVD player was faulty (lucky I brought my xbox with me!) and the entryway walls need a paint refresh with obvious luggae scuffs.

The staff seem to have encountered a decline in attitude since last year. Last year folk fell over themselves to be nice, helpful and pleasant. This year we arrived at around midday and were told politely, but matter of factly, that our room wasn't ready, but would be in 15 minutes. My wife and I did a bit of christmas shopping and came back an hour or two later. Still no room. We were told it was still being cleaned.

We ended up sitting in reception for another good 30 minutes before we got a room. When we entered the room, it smelt very musty, so we doubt very much whether it had just been cleaned.

Over Christmas, you have to request a room service on Boxing Day. This we duly did, but no service ever occurred.

On the positive side, the rooms are fully equiped (ignoring the DVD player), the bed was awesome, the location is great and the price was right. There is a nice gym, pool, spa and sauna.

So three stars is probably a little harsh, but I couldn't select three and a half and I can't in any good conscience give a four star rating. We will probably look at new accommodation options next year when we come home over Christmas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Oaks Casino Towers? Share your experiences!