“Central location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Casino Towers

You added Oaks Casino Towers to your Saves list
Oaks Casino Towers
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   151 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #75 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Hobart, Australia
“Central location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I recently had a two night, business related stay at the Oaks Casino Towers in Brisbane. Centrally located in the Brisbane city precinct, the room was well appointed for a self-contained stay. Nothing special, just what you would expect. The only real downside - but a big one - was the pervasive smell of asian-style cooking that seemed to find its way into each of the rooms. This gave a clear impression of either poor air conditioning or the fact that the room had been inadequately cleaned after previous occupants. In summary, an excellent location with central attractions in Brisbane in easy walking distance, but an average only choice in terms of quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
OaksCasino, Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thankyou for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers.
I am pleased you enjoyed the well appointed apartment and its central location.
Oaks Casino Towers is a mix of Residential and Hotel style apartments, and as such cooking odours can sometimes be noticed.
I hope that you will return again to Oaks Casino Towers and enjoy the fascilities we have to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Ballina, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I visited the Casino Towers with my friends on the recommendation of one of my traveling party.

I see her review about our visit and the review was responded to by the hotel, promising that they'd be contacting her regarding the slimy feel of our unit. I spoke with her last night and they have not tried to contact her in the weeks since her review was published. She has an answering machine so no excuse is valid. We doubt that they meant what they said in their response.

With that dereliction of duty, I decided to write and add the pics that she didn't add ~ the mold in the showers, on the walls, the broken appliances and dirty walls. I know that we won't be going there again...

The only plus was the balcony, even though we could only enter through one bedroom since the door in the lounge didn't work ~ and the location was fantastic ~ but so are other hotels in the area.

We paid over $300 for that little, tired and dirty poky apartment. It was not good at all. I'd like to hear from Bellamaya that the hotel has finally lived up to their promise and actually contacts her with a reason for their lackadascial attitude regarding cleanliness and customer satisfaction because, in my opinion, it does not exist.

Room Tip: Ask if they've done a thorough cleaning recently ~ units on southeast side are poky
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thankyou for taking the time to comment on your companions review.
It was indeed concerning to read about the state of the room that you stayed in. I have raised these concerns with the relevant department heads and can assure you that new procedures have been put in place to ensure that our standards remain high.
I also apologise for the communication error with your companion and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you both back to Oaks Casino Towers.
Valued communication such as yours certainly helps us strive for the high level of standards we expect at Oaks Casino Towers.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Fairly dull serviced apartment. Lots of space, with cheap and stained furniture. Whole place was not really clean and had a moldy smell. Good thing you get a nice big balcony with huge doors. Bathroom is a joke. One small energy saving bulb that took ages to warm up lights a very basic bathroom that had mold in the corners.

Room Tip: river view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

Its great to read you enjoyed the spacious balcony here in the heart of the city.

Your feedback is essential for us to maintain high standards at Oaks Casino Towers and has been passed onto the relevant departments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again in the future.
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is our go-to place in Brisbane. I can book a two bedroom apartment in the heart of the city with beautiful views and know that I will be treated wonderfully. The parking is a bit hairy but if you pre-book, there will be a place somewhere in the bowels of that dark building.

The views of the city and South Bank are gorgeous. Balconies are spacious and the ideal private places to spend your mornings or late nights.

But this time, we were given a poky little two bedroom apartment on the southeast side of the building. The rooms were so small that we found it easier to get dressed in turns rather than sharing the fun of pre-party playing together. My bed was pushed right up against the curtains and I was concerned about dust and when the curtains were last washed ~ just saying.

The ensuite shower had vast amounts of mold, as did the AC frame in the main bedroom. The second bedroom's AC could not work if the door to the balcony was opened so that room was dank and airless. The door from the lounge to the balcony did not open so we had to go through the main bedroom which was inconvenient to late sleepers versus early morning balcony users.

Plus, both bathrooms ran out of toilet paper in the middle of the night... No spares? No ~ we had to call down for replacements. Definitely not up to par.

The walls and doors were dirty. The apartment looked like it had been a while since it had been cleaned well.

I was not planning to update my review like this. When we returned home I wrote the management a letter with photographs to confirm our findings. I expected to hear back from them with some sort of confirmation and a promise that this would be looked in to but it's been weeks and no word. I don't see that as good management.

I have loved this place. The front desk staff has always been superb, happy and helpful. That expectation was met. I just wish the cleaning staff and management were as on-their-game... We were disappointed.

Room Tip: Do not go to the Souteast corner
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I was pleased to read about the service you continually receive from our front desk staff.
The issues you have raised in regards to the cleanliness of the room have been passed onto out Head of Housekeeping.
Valued feedback such as yours is essential to maintain the high standards we strive for at Oaks Casino Towers. It is regrettable about the miscommunication in regards to your original email and I shall contact you personally in regards to this.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Casino Towers in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. We booked direct with the hotel. It is very close to the main Brisbane city shopping area, the casino and the bridge to southbank.

The apartment was very spacious compared to other hotel rooms with a large outdoor balcony with views to the river.

There is a decent kitchen as well.

The bathroom was a good size with a washing machine and dryer.

Staff on the front desk were very helpful and courteous.

It would be a great base for a week as it is not just a room.

We'll stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
OaksCasino, Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thankyou for taking the time to comment on your stay at Oaks Casino Towers.
It's great to hear you enjoyed our location and facilities. The views from some of our rooms are quite spectacular and I am happy you experienced these.
We pride ourselves on customer service and hope to welcome you again soon.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here in Sept/October for 3 nights before a conference. I arrived on a busy late Saturday afternoon - the day of the River Fire festival. It cost me $700+ AU for the three nights (about $1000NZ ... the Saturday night was $400 possibly because of the Riverfire Festival?)

I stayed in a one bedroom apt at the back of the tower on the 29th floor. From the balcony I still had a pretty good view of the river (see pic). The lounge/kitchen area were fine, the bedroom fine. The selling point really is the terrace and the way the whole place opens up. The bathroom was very average.

The other selling point for this hotel is the location. 250 metres and you are in the Myers Mall or across the river at Southbank. Being in the city, it is very noisy all the time (I live in the suburbs so it's different from what I am used to). And in Brisbane in October it's blue sky by 5.30 am.

I would stay again because of the location ... but you do pay for it! (Last year we stayed on the beach in Waikiki at the Hilton for about the same price!! Waikiki ... Brisbane ... I know which I prefer.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
It's great to hear that you took advantage of the location and went out and enjoyed what Brisbane has to offer. The weekend of RiverFire is indeeed one of the busiest weekends in the brisbane social calander, and trust this did not inconvenience your attendance at the conference.
I'd like to personally thankyou on your observations in regards to your room, without valued feedback such as yours we cannot continue to improve our product. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Casino Towers.
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Location was great right in the heart of the city. The direction to get to the car park were spot on. There were good points and bad point to the room. The bad: The diswahser didn't work. The washing machine was tempremental. When the room was cleaned we asked for more toilet paper on day three and were told by the cleaner the hotel had run out and to supply our own. Three people were expected to use one roll for 4 days is unacceptable. The windows need better curtains or a blind as well. The light is very bright first thing in the morning. If you need a dark room to sleep this is not a good choice.

The Good: Definately ask for a high floor room. We stayed on 37th floor of 39 very quiet even with construction right below. The balcony is great to sit at for breakfast or to have a coffee in the morning. Very nice pool.

Room Tip: a hight floor is definately a must then its quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
OaksCustomerFeedback, Public Relations Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. It is great to read that you found your apartment quiet and you could enjoy your breakfast out on the balcony. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Been to Oaks Casino Towers? Share your experiences!