“Good, quiet location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Central Cosmo Apartments

You added Central Cosmo Apartments to your Saves list
Central Cosmo Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Park Road | Milton, Brisbane, Queensland 4064, Australia   |
Ranked #48 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Havelock North, New Zealand
“Good, quiet location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Stayed at Central Cosmo Apartments for three nights. We selected these apartments based on comments on Tripadvisor. Good location without traffic noise, but easy to get into the central city, either by bus or a walk down the river. Our one bedroom room was small but good enough to chill out, with a good kitchen. It is located on Park Road where there are some good restaurants down the road. Free on site parking is provided and our booking included breakfasts by way of vouchers at one of the restaurants down the road which was great. We enjoyed our visit to Brisbane and were very happy with our accommodation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Asia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

This is a small long-stay hotel that has a short-stay option. I had a small studio and it came with a kitchenette equipped with a small fridge, a microwave and a two-burner hob.

(But I'm an Asian guy and we don't cook, except on special occasions when we make a real mess.)

There are a bunch of very good restaurants just down the road on Park. They offer room service at a 10% service charge.

There is a small sitting area with a tv that divides the sleeping area. I move the tv down to the table and make it face the bed at night.

The bathroom has a washer and dryer. But no toothbrush or toothpaste.

The bedroom does not come with slippers.

And no breakfast either, unless you DIY.

Internet is available but is very expensive--the most expensive in all my travels, including Shanghai when the hotel attempted to charge US$50 for one day. (Ah, but that's China and back in 2002 when they thought that every foreigner had money; now they know that it's not the case. There are actually Americans even who are broke.) Here the rate is A$13.20 for two hours.

So all in all, no complaints because the price is pretty good and the hotel is in a quiet part of town. I'm not surprised that a couple of the rave reviews are from locals who are staying longer. But if you want more of a hotel--because you are a tourist or a businessman in a hurry--you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
QLD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for business some years ago and went back for a Saturday night stay. The location on Park Rd is fantastic with so much choice of cafes and restraunts most with BYO, something you won't see in Brisbane CBD. Free parking is also a bonus. Staff at front desk very helpful. Would recommend for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Longniddry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I took a career break to Australia and toured all over the country during my 6 month break and have to say I feel in love with the city of Brisbane.
During my time I stayed for about a month in this hotel/apartment and can think of no complaints at all about the facilities and so forth. It is ideally located as has been input by previous reviewers and has many shops and cafes nearby. A large food/grocery store is located just yards away, along with a garage and several cafes/restaraunts. Try the fish cafe/restaraunt nearby they have a fish platter selection which was heaven, the chinese is also very good and is located across the road from the hotel. The local post office is only around 10/15 minutes walk and to get to the city centre there are plenty of bus stops located around the area and a train station is 4/5 minutes walk from the hotel. However I never once used these as I walked the 15/20 minute to the city centre as it was good way to get your barings locally and of the city.
Brisbane has plenty to offer and I loved the city in general and if I ever move to Australia permanently it's the city for me.
I can't recommend highly enough and hope to be back on my next adventure to Oz.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

Overall I thought the standard was pretty good here - we booked a junior apartment for 10 nights - small, but had everything we needed and was good value for money. Location was good, we walked down to Park Road most nights for a bite to eat and the train station was a stones throw away.

If I do return to Brisbane I reckon I would probably stay here again - a very pleasant stay

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

Great location on Park Road next to the cafes. I stayed here for 3 months as part of my relocation to Australia. The location was excellent, just off Coronation Drive. About 15 minutes walk to the Regatta City Cat stop and plenty of bus stops to get into town, it is also close to Milton station (about 3-4 minute walk). I stayed in a one bedroom apartment which had a small sitting room with a bed sette and a chair, flat screen TV with foxtel and coffee table. The kitchenette had a full size fridge freezer, two ceramic hobs and a microwave come oven come grill (could never figure out how the grill worked). There was everything you needed to live there. Good bathroom with washer and dryer included and one of those on the wall hairdryers that are neither use not ornament if you have lots of hair. The Bed was big with good pillows and bedding, and the air con was reverse cycle so warmed me up lovely on those cold Queensland nights. There is a Chinese Restaurant attached downstairs which everyone raved about but as a vegetarian there really was no options for me and the one thing I did choose from there that sounded veggie had pork in so I didn't think much of the place at all. Most of the staff were very friendly and said hallo to me, also they forwarded a bunch of flowers that were delivered there to me after I had moved out. there was a small balcony with river views which was great for smoking on but the road noise was loud, although with the doors shut you could not here it inside. I would recommend this for long or short stays. One downside was the internet access, it was provided by Azure and was very expensive. If you are there for a long time I would recommend buying the telstra mobile broadband as it has great coverage and is significantly better value. Another downside was that they never gave me frequent flyer points as I was on a corporate rate which was a bit mean I thought considering the length of my stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

This is a great hotel fairly close in location to Brisbane city centre(approx 5 mins taxi/ 15 mins walk). River is at the end of the street with a walkway to the city. Rooms are nice size and well appointed. Rooms that I have had always really clean and well maintained. Staff at hotel are friendly and helpful. I have stayed here a few different times over the last couple of years for business and personal accom and always found it a pleasant and relaxing stay. Parking available under the building. Great choice of restaurants within a minutes walk from the front door: Thai, French, coffee club, everything to suit different tastes. Also convenience store, book store and specialty gift shops. Probably not as good for families as no play areas or pool but certainly great for singles, couples for business or city stay.

• Liked — Close proximity to city, location to well priced restaurants, easy access
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Central Cosmo Apartments? Share your experiences!