“Nice apartments, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Central Cosmo Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Park Road, Brisbane, Queensland 4064, Australia   |
Ranked #36 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Nice apartments, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed on the first floor - room 111.
Generally the overall stay was good. No problems with noise or sun like the other person has suggested. Booked using my Entertainment Card in New Zealand. There was a little confusion when arriving on how I had booked. The shower pressure was amazing. The room though looked to be set up for a disabled person with rails, chair etc. I definitely booked a standard apartment (I'm not disabled!). Location is okay, although probably a bit far from the city for me. The trains were closed the weekend I was there and had to wait half an hour each time for the rail bus. Would like to be closer to Fortitude Valley as this seems to be the main area as Roma St / Central is average. Excellent restaurants and shops on the same road though. Very popular and busy. If the trains were going when I stayed I guess the distance wouldn't have been as much of an issue as they go every 15 mins and it is only a few stops to the city.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
CentralApts, General Manager at Central Cosmo Apartments, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hi cr4igz

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your feedback is very valuable to us.

We are in such a fantastic location with a number of amazing restaurants close by. That’s a shame about the public transport, as normally it’s great.

We do also have a hotel at Dockside, Kangaroo Point which is just a hop, skip and a jump from the Valley. Perhaps that could be more convenient to you next time?

Once again, thank you kindly for your review.

Alan Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Is there a rating better than 'average' but worse than 'very good'?

i've stayed here at cosmo milton repeatedly - a couple of times a month - i must make a warning about the junior apartments on the river side!

the view of the brisbane CBD is spectacularly wonderful at night, but the sun comes up that way and its an early sun during the queensland summer - so if you need your alarm set for 5am, great - the sun will illuminate your whole apartment, making sleep less than possible, even if you have pulled all the blinds as the sun shines around them and onto the walls.

If you wish to sleep in past sunrise then perhaps make enquiries as to another room overlooking park road, or facing the brewery.

Btw the brewery is 500 metres away - NOT 100 metres as another reviewer suggested and in all the times I've stayed here i have never smelled the brewery from my room.

Wifi is pretty woeful unless you are staying on the 1st floor - guess that can't be helped - but as its close to the city telstras 4G is strong and speedtest shows up to 77MBit/s on my iphone 5.

Room Tip: see above.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CentralApts, General Manager at Central Cosmo Apartments, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hi frozenintime,

I agree - the sun is up and ready to roll very early during the Summer months in QLD – thank you for the handy feedback with the curtains and rooms on the Riverside.

Thank you also for the wifi comments – I will endeavour to investigate this issue further.

I sincerely thank you for your repeat patronage and I look forward to welcoming you in the new year.

Merry Christmas!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The one bedroom apartment was very roomy, well equipped and clean. The only down points were the fact that there wasn't any separate shower (only shower over bath) and the wireless signal was so weak that it almost was non-existent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CentralApts, General Manager at Central Cosmo Apartments, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Hi there HodaJ

Thank you for your kind review. By the sounds of it, you managed to secure one of our newly refurbished rooms – we think they look great also!

I appreciate your feedback regarding the wireless – I will investigate further.

On behalf of myself and the team, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Moranbah, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Have spent 2 nights there, the room was smaller than we thought, but the staff was very helpful as we need to print something at the reception. And there was a chinese restaurant just downstair. Good location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CentralApts, General Manager at Central Cosmo Apartments, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hi cqaus,

The team will be wrapped to hear of your positive review! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.
We’ve almost finished our refurbishment, so I’m sure you’ll love the new rooms,
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Many thanks
Adelaide, SA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed at Central Cosmo whilst on business in Milton. Hotel is in a great location. Had a two bedroom room that had lovely views of the Brisbane River. Easy 20 minute walk along the river into the CBD. Lovely little restaurants along Park St. The Thai is excellent. Easy walk to to Suncorp Stadium as well. Room generally was a good size, well appointed and comfortable however the cleaners really need to be supervised as there was a large build of dust in the air-conditioning duct, a lot of dust in the louvre doors and the carpet was badly in need of a proper clean. These things could be easily remedied and were quite clearly visible, to us anyway. The fact I could write "clean me" in the dusty louvre door made my point.
Despite this, would definitely stay there again. Would be good for a small family visiting Brisbane as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room to avoid traffic noise and get nice views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CentralApts, General Manager at Central Cosmo Apartments, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you IDHAdelaide for taking the time to submit your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us and the location of our Hotel.

I have passed on your feedback to our Housekeeping department and I will work to ensure these issues are addressed. I can assure you this isn’t an accurate reflection of our cleaning standards. In relation to the carpet, we’re currently undergoing a full refurbishment – which includes new carpet! I’m confident you’ll our new look – up to 5-star standards.

We truly look forward to welcoming you next time!

Maroochydore, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed there for 4 days because my husband had a project to work on. It was a great location to stay as it was close to the river and lots of restaurants nearby. Bus stops nearby to catch a bus into the city. I would say in less than 10 minutes, you would be right smack in the shopping zone of Brisbane. You could walk and it is a lovely walk but you need to know which direction or you will be walking a fair bit.

Their breakfast came in a prepackaged box with cereal, fruit and milk. It had the basics but you needed to remember to pick it up from the front desk. We forgot twice but no big deal since options to eat are close by. The room had a small kitchenette and a balcony which was great and the bed was made everyday but sheets not changed once. Towels were changed everyday but I felt the housekeeping was a little slack. The bathroom, especially the sink could do with a deep clean. It was all superficial cleaning but some would not notice... I guess in Australia, service depends on what they include or what they will do...

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. We stayed on the top floor, room 507. Nice view of the river and lovely to s...
Welcome to Central Cosmo KMSM44

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We are in a great location right in the heart of beautiful restaurants and the Brisbane River.

We are just about to launch a new breakfast initiative whereby you can purchase an $18 breakfast through us – for the Coffee Club, Park Rd. Hopefully this combats the need to remember to pick up a pre-packaged box of goodies.

I have passed your feedback on regarding the housekeeping and I apologise if this was not up to your standards. Housekeeping here at Central Cosmo is required to, on a daily basis, make the beds, empty the bins and also tidy the room. Please let me know if this wasn’t done – you can email me at admin@centralgroup.com.au.

On behalf of myself and the team, we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Best wishes,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I requested my last room as I was very happy with the view of Brisbane and size of the King junior.
My request was accommodated which was nice.
I only stayed 1 night this time but the offering was very comfortable, foxtel was included

• Stayed September 2013
Hi samanthajoanne1974

Thank you for a sweet review! It’s always a pleasure to read positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel soon.

Alan Clark

Been to Central Cosmo Apartments? Share your experiences!