“Top Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Top Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

It is not everyday you come across a restaurant that makes you feel at home. The service has been excellent of every occasion that I have been there, whether that be just my wife and I or in a larger group. The food is spot on the money and always hits the spot with more than enough to spare- and I can eat Indian. Needless to say, if you are after authentic Balti or Indian cuisine, do not go past The Spice Avenue. Keep up the great service and food, be in soon.

• Visited November 2013

90% Recommend
Brisbane, Australia
“Home from home without the rain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

After having to endure some terrible curries since coming from the UK and was told by my wife that my Chicken Pathia days were behind me I was excited to have stumbled across this on tripadvisor.

The staff greeted us with a warm welcome and on being seated in the outside area. Everything was clean and in order. The menu was impressive and everything you could get back home.

After a short while the food was delivered in very good time despite being a busy Friday evening. The food was presented excellently in hot pots. The food was amazing - the only slightly negative comment was the Pathia was not hot enough (my choice for going for the vindaloo however, going for the tindaloo level next time) and the pathia was full of flavour but slightly tasted too much tomato puree...but could be my taste buds!

On a whole it was an amazing place and have recommended it to my pom and jock friends that have stated they miss a decent curry.

I will be going back soon and trying that Tindaloo pathia.....cannot wait.....mmmm I can taste it now!!!

Chicken Pathia 8/10, Sag a loo 10/10, Naan 10/10, Poppadum 10/10, everything everybody else ordered....they loved it but who cares it was my review!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Good but not earth-shatteringly great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Maybe we visited The Spice Avenue with expectations were too high after reading all the raving reviews but it wasn't the most WOW Indian food I've ever eaten. I made the mistake of getting one of the new dishes (with the tropical fruits) which I was assured is a mild dish but I ended up having to send it back as it was far too spicy for my palette. My husband's korma was delightful but the naan was so-so. Other than the miscommunication, service was great and much better than other Indian restaurants we have been to. It was a 45 minute drive for us and unfortunately, we won't be rushing back anytime soon. It was good Indian food, but not quite good enough for that effort.

• Visited August 2013
“Masterclass in a dish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've been visiting this wonderful establishment for four years. What keeps me coming back is the consistent quality, and Saleem's wonderfully friendly, unpretentious and discreetly attentive service. It's a package that is very rare in the Queensland restaurant trade.

The presentation of food is delicious. My chicken pakora was three succulent pieces with a zingy side salad - palate cleansing and beautifully balanced - a celebration of vegetables and protein which works really well.

If Naz ever decides to expand his pakora range - cauliflower, mushroom, etc - I'd be first in the queue to try them all!

The main dishes, though, are a pop parade of traditional Balti cuisine where you really get the sensory overload. Chilli, garlic and the scent of cinammon scented smoke ... it's all very yum.

The sauce for my Chicken Pathia was so sticky and shiny and delicious you could use it to self-tan up . The chicken is at that glorious point of almost total collapse. It's a masterclass in a dish!

I always leave the Spice Avenue wanting just a bit more. And that is where the staff usually oblige by helping out with takeaway trays for any leftover food.

Top tip? Wear elasticated pants. And bring your own defibrillator. It's good stuff.

“Absolutely fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Deserves top marks for everything. Best curries I have ever tasted. Full of flavour, colour and enjoyable to eat. Dining suited our needs with family and with friends. Staff were welcoming and food was magnificent! This restaurant is definitely a favourite!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere