“Consistently great” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Sydney
“Consistently great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have been eating at cirque from when I used to live in Brisbane 5 years ago and now I always go when I visit. It's always a highlight. Such great brekky!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Australia
“Creative quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

If you think of "New Farm" atmosphere, then this place is it. Along the busy Brunswick Street heading down toward New Farm Park, Au Cirque sits in a tiny little upstairs/downstairs narrow cottage. We had breakfast here on a weekday at 10am and it was still incredibly busy. We got a bar seat overlooking Brunswick St, upstairs. The service was OK without being friendly. There is a big focus on organic ingredients here and you see things on the menu that you don't see at other places. My friend had the vege chow down and I had the full cooked breakfast. Food was excellent and coffee was good too. As others have observed, it is quite noisy here and you can be seated quite close to others but the seats that look out onto the road upstairs were good. This most definitely has the feel of a 'locals' joint but don't let that make you feel uncomfortable because the food is definitely worth it. There is limited parking in a small parking lot behind the cafe but some more parking along the narrow street that runs down the back of the cafe, off Brunswick Street.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“The best soy mocha ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

First visit to Au Cirque for brunch with my friends. Staff were friendly. Variety of food and drinks. They had one of the best soy mocha ever. It was smooth and flavourful with a right amount of sweetness to it. I ordered Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon. It was just amazing. It had a relaxing and homely setting too.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“Food, ambience, menu choices - loved it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My daughter and I called by Au Cirque for breakfast last week - we'd been reading and hearing great reviews for so long, it was our turn to visit. We just knew we were going to love it from the moment we walked in - lovely staff with an obvious interest in giving their customers great service. Weekends are super busy, as it's a popular little place, but on this particular Thursday we were able to get a table straight away. Lots of regulars popped in for their coffee and cake takeaway supplies. The coffees and teas were superb, juices fantastic and our corn fritters were AMAZING. The best we had tasted ever. The French waitress was lovely - we were able to take our time and made to feel very much at home. Very much looking forward to visiting for lunch in the near future and to revisit for breakfast.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“Great tasting breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

First visit to Au Cirque this weekend and I was glad to be somewhere that had something other than bacon to offer. Brisbane has so many places to go for breakfast, it's good when someone has a point of difference. The food was really tasty and fresh made juices were a welcome addition for me. Think I am getting old though, as I find small places noisy and sitting close and side by side with so many others a bit off putting. Hard to talk to friends over a lazy breaky, Other than that it was a nice experience.

• Visited January 2014