“Great Fish” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My friend and I had lunch there last friday and have to say the barramundi was simply sensational. The mash and asparagus the fish rested on was just right. Bread was different but tasty. Desserts were inventive and my friend especially loved the chocolate tart. All in all a great meal. Hats off to the CHEF !!

Visited March 2014

Brisbane
“Simply Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Seafood was Fresh and perfectly cooked, the service was excellent and the view stunning. Im not sure how "any foodie" count not recommend this restaurant. First Class and value for money. As for tablecloths .... many of the best restaurants in the world do not have tablecloths. An unnecessary expense'' Well done Wilsons, we will be back very soon.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tweed Heads, Australia
“Best Barra outside of catching your own!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

In hindsight I'm glad I didn't review this restaurant before going, as I was surprised at the negative reviews. We went with friends for a weekday lunch on a voucher. Although the place could do with a little spruce up, it had a certain charm, and of course the location on the bay was fabulous. Parking was easy. We were greeted by the owner and made to feel most welcome. My husband decided after dining elsewhere in Brisbane to Northern NSW that he was never again ordering Barramundi as it is always disappointing (we have caught and cooked our own). Well the fish of the day was wild caught Barramundi and all 4 of us decided to give it a go as the owner promised we wouldn't be sorry, and he was right on the money...Hubby was happy! We had a long leisurely lunch which is just what we wanted, had great service throughout (warned there would be a little delay in mains as a large order had just gone in before us). A word of warning the barramundi on the menu is farmed so I am only referring to the Fish of the day that we ate there. We thoroughly enjoyed the 3 courses and would certainly return.

Visited February 2014
Neil J, Manager at Wilson's Boathouse, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Glad you enjoyed the restaurant and the seafood. Our team are working very hard now to provide a first class service to all customers. Thank you again for your review.
Brisbane, Australia
“Not without a voucher and even then........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went here on a $49 voucher and I calculated that without the voucher we would have paid $101 for a very ordinary meal. I had the barramundi on mash which was edible but not worth the price. My partner had the chicken which was about eight mouthfuls. Again overpriced. One of the desserts wasn't available that night and just happened to be the one we would have chosen (chocolate tart). When you only have a choice of six desserts on your menu how difficult is it to make sure that all are available. Ain't rocket science. Had to take her to a local cafe after we finished to get her something else to eat. For a place that advertises itself as a top shelf restaurant it is sadly lacking. No tablecloths, I'm sure the the salt and pepper shakers were out of my caravan, had to pull the bottom off to get some salt. The entrance was in appalling condition and the place had the ambience of a surf club eating area. (apologies to the surf clubs). Don't even get me started on the $9 glass of wine (bottle would have been on special at BWS for around the same price).
Staff did try hard and were friendly but again for an advertised top shelf place they should have all been dressed in a nice matching uniform, I had the distinct impression they were just picked off the street for the night.
If you now have the impression that we were not impressed then you are quite correct.
Perhaps I'm missing something with these voucher deals. Do they wind back the quantity and quality on purpose and full paying patrons receive much more. If so, why then advertise that you are getting a high value meal for the voucher price.
We certainly won't be back, I can think of several cafes in the area that give much better value even without a deal voucher.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Neil J, Manager at Wilson's Boathouse, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for the feedback. It is our goal to treat every person that walks through our doors as a VIP customer. When our team falls short of that standard and a customer walks away dissatisfied, then we have a real problem. We want to apologise for your less-than-outstanding experience and would like to invite you back in to show you just how amazing our team can be.
“Juust Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Went to Wilsons Boathouse as a tip from a friend who had been their years before.
Perhaps the place changed hands in the meantime. On arrival, we see what should've been a friendly welcoming entry, but no more. The gate, Rusty, but still there. The framework for an awning rusting in the sun with no cloth attached.
Inside we are greeted with VERY high prices, yet not a table with a table cloth.
A glass of wine, 9 dollars, yet not half full. A flat white, over half a cup of froth, very little not even warm coffee.
Our entries were good, yet not overwhelming for the price.
Our mains were the biggest failure I've seen in all my 55 years of life.
A bug, Grilled to death and beyond was served to me. No oil, no butter, no lemon and no seasoning of any kind, just simply put on the grill and cooked 3 or 4 times longer than necessary.
A tenderloin steak, ordered med. rare. served Med. Yet Absolutely no spice, seasoning of any kind, The steak was clearly thrown onto the grill dry, without any attempt to season it. And grilled slowly into one of the DRYEST pieces of meat I've had in a LOOOOng time.
the owner came to our table, He asked how our meal was, I told all of this and more.
Although he said he'd talk with his Cook. He offered no discount or any real apology for this horrendous meal.
The Fish and Chip shops along the esplanade in Manly and Wynnum offer much better meals for a fraction the cost.
Save your money and time. DONT Go to Wilsons Boathouse!

• Visited February 2014