“Excellent accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Pandanas

You added Mantra Pandanas to your Saves list
Mantra Pandanas
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   43 Knuckey Street, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NT Rates for All
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Darwin
“Excellent accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Professional friendly staff started a great experience. The room was a great size for our twin share purposes. Wonderful decor and great restaurant.
The pool was a great way to spend the late checkout before going back to Melbourne.
Recomend to anyone wanting a great place to stay in Darwin.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Hi Shelby P, thanks for choosing to stay with us and we're delighted that you enjoyed the experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the top end. Kind regards Dave.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Caloundra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Generally happy with the room and the hotel facility overall. The view from the 17th floor was very good and access to the city was great.

Couple of minor criticisms - for management to deal with. The breakfast supplied with the room booking was limited but sufficient, however the coffee from the breakfast bar was cold! How could this be? It is coffee!! When I inquired with the waitress about the temperature, her response was "Well, it is not meant to be boiling". I nearly came back with "Well, it it not meant to be cold either" but held my tongue! When I went to top up with more "cold" coffee, it had run out. The waitress did bring out fresh "hot" coffee a few minutes later.

Next day same deal, firstly no coffee at all (had to wait), then when it was brought out, it was cold (well warm!). I am dumbfounded as to how this could happen two days in a row with a hotel this size.

Minor criticism I know, but at $300 plus per night, I would have thought the thermostat would be set right and someone would be tending to the level in the coffee pot!!

Oh, and small patches of mould in the bathroom, - how disappointing.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Trevor N, thank you for posting and we really appreciate your feedback. Great to hear that you were generally happy and had a pleasant experience. I was concerned to read your comments about the buffet coffee temperature and I have checked this out this morning. It was certainly very hot however I have shared your comments with my Restaurant Manager to ensure that all of the team are aware of the controls and correct operational procedures. I have also shared your comments about the bathroom with my Executive Housekeeper for action. Thanks again for taking the time to review your stay and we do hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards Dave.
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Had a four night stay here - room was a good size, well presented and very comfortable. Staff always personable - restaurant was good for breakfast and dinner - away sandwiches, coffee etc as well. Car parking reasonable cost. Great mini bar if you want it. Close to CBD, wharf area, Parliament House, Library, Contemporary Art museum, Red Bus tours and eating out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hi Peja624, many thanks for staying with us and it was a great pleasure to read your review; your positive feedback is much appreciated by myself and the team. We're delighted that you enjoyed the experience and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Kind regards Dave.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Only stayed one night in a hotel room. I believe apartments are also available. Our room was on an upper level and had a good view of the harbour. The room was spacious and clean and with mini bar and tea/coffee making. Everything worked as it should. The hotel is centrally located in the CBD and a block or two away from the Esplanade, nightlife, shops, restaurants and most attractions.
Efficient check in and staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a basic buffet with precooked eggs, bacon, sides, pastries and cereal. Was in a hurry for an early check out so did not ask whether eggs could be cooked to order. DIY toast and condiments.
Based on my brief experience here I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Tony_B2257, many thanks for your great review and for choosing to stay with us. We really appreciate you recommending our hotel and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the top end. Kind regards Dave.
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Nice big rooms, good services, lovely staff and okay buffet breakfast BUT I had a cold shower both mornings during my stay - would be warm for a minute then very cold yet when I went to have a shower at night had great warm shower so the hotel's explanation in an earlier review doesn't ring true. If they get the showers right I would return.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hello Denita W,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us and it's great to hear that you enjoyed the experience overall and also that you had a great warm shower in the evening. As mentioned previously, we have had an issue with the water temperature in some of the dual key apartments is in the early hours of the morning. However, now that it's getting warmer the fresh water coming into the property is at a higher temperature and heats up in the tank much faster. Thank you again for your comments and we do hope to welocme you back soon. Kind regards Dave.
Alice Springs, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed at Mantra Pandanas in a one bed room apartment for a 5 night stay. The location of the Hotel is in the CBD a few streets back from the Esplanade and the main street of Darwin Mitchell Street. Easy walking distance.

The apartment itself was great. It was very spacious in the living room area and the bedroom was in the central part of the apartment. Having said that it does not have a window. This is great if you like your rooms pitch black at night for a good nights sleep.

The facilities in the room are what you would expect of apartment style accommodation. The rooms do look a bit tired in upkeep, for example, the wood was cracking on furniture, they walls have marks and dints on them from luggage. For a relatively newish hotel in Darwin, it hasn't been very well kept on the accommodation floors. This is evident when you step out at your floor.

Other people have mentioned the aircon is not up to standard. I can't fault the aircon, it did what it was suppose to and kept my room nice and cool.

I would stay here again. Staff are friendly and the lobby is well kept. You will notice a large number of workmen, mining staff staying here, however this is the same for all of Darwin. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello kurps, many thanks for posting your review and it was great having you stay with us. We're delighted that you enjoyed the experience overall and that you would choose to stay again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Kind regards Dave.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in June, arrived in the middle of the night, check in was very easy and quick. Nice clean rooms. Breakfast was included, very simple buffet style, staff not particularly friendly, on both days. Easy walk to centre of town, supermarket, restaurants, and down to the wave pool and wharf front. Not too far to walk yo catch buses to various attractions. It would hav been a nice stay except it was spoiled on our last morning on checkout. We ordered breakfast to take away on our last day as we were being picked up at 6.30am for a day tour to Kakadu. Hotel breakfast was only available at 6.30am. Anyhow we never got our packs because of a staff stuff up with our order. Our tour bus was on time at 6.30 so we went without our breakfast packs. We should have double checked the night before!

• Stayed June 2014
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hi PatriciaBall and many thanks for posting your review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall but sorry to hear that you encountered some issues with breakfast which I have addressed with our team. Our full buffet breakfast is available from 6am every day and you can even sneak in for a coffee before that. Breakfast packs are always available at reception for pick up and we are sorry that this was not communicated to you. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards Dave.

Been to Mantra Pandanas? Share your experiences!