“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Darwin, Australia
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Sure the food is not the quality of a 5 star restaurant, but it is value for money. The portion sizing is large! I've had to split a meal with friends before. Always a great atmosphere, although that can depend on who you are with of course. The ordering system is a little out of the ordinary, but I suppose that goes towards lowing the price (?) I have been here three times in the last six months, as I don't eat out much, but always find myself coming back here. Great little Darwin treat.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We went here for my birthday this year the food was good and the place was child friendly. The crocodile was a hit with our little one.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canberra, Australia
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice place but food is pretty terrible and expensive for what you get. Over cooked fish was awful. I can't understand why the place was full of people.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Aussie
“Huge meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great find, tucked away down a side street this place is gorgeous. The meals are huge and very tasty. The service is friendly but you do have to order your meals at the bar with a unique ordering system, which was a great idea.
We all really enjoyed it here. Prices are very reasonable too.
Well worth going.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Great Value, Quality Food and a fun night out - can't beat it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our nephew lives in Darwin and when we asked him where we should go for a good meal he didn't hesitate ... Tim's Surf and Turf. It's his favourite and we soon found out why. Great sized meals, wonderfully fresh produce and what a charmer Tim is! The restaurant has a very relaxed atmosphere with inside and outside dining, and Tim and his staff make everyone feel very welcome. During the evening we were entertained with funny magic tricks that somehow resulted in us being given a bottle of champagne - it all made a very memorable evening.
The food was fantastic - we had been told that the meals were huge but I couldn't resist sharing some of the wonderful oysters and then a huge piece of fresh local barramundi - absolutely the best I have ever eaten.

There's so much more to Tim's menu than seafood and I am sorely tempted to return to Darwin solely to enjoy more ... I only wish we had this quality and value in Perth.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere