“Self service restaurant!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Palmerston, Australia
“Self service restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

On arrival, a Wednesday night, we could not find any staff to ask where our booked table was so we could sit down. We almost had to grab a waitress by the arm, in order to get her attention. She took us to a table and advised she would return with menus.

Well, we waited for a while and the foreign blonde lady never did return. I finally decided to get up myself and get menus for us all. Still the blonde lady or any other staff member had not returned to our table to ask if we wanted to order drinks.
I had to get up again to get the drinks menu!

We then had to get the attention of a waiter, so we could order drinks and the meals. He at least, was able to take our drink orders and meal orders and show some interest. He came back with the drinks straight away.

We had to again, yell out to a passing, uninterested waitress, to order another drink. That drink failed to come out, so we had to literally yell out to the same waitress 3 times to get her attention. She obviously had forgotten to put the order in the first time, as she came out with the drink within 5 mins.

It was a chore to eat at this restaurant. Too much effort to try and get a menu. To get a drink. To order a meal. To get the attention of the people that work here. Isn't this meant to be a restaurant that pays people to provide this service?

Not once did anyone come by to see if everything was alright with the meal. The two young ladies were too busy having a personal joke together, taking salt and pepper shakers off tables.

When paying for the meal, the feedback was given, however, I doubt very much whether the girl would've passed it on.

I understand that sometimes you need to have a little fun and relax to enjoy your job, but these girls need to understand they work in the public eye, in a very competitive industry. I work with the public in an incredibly demanding job and would lose my job if i failed to show courtesy and respect to my clients. Showing a little bit of professionalism and genuine interest goes a long way.
Word of mouth can be damaging.

Unfortunately, I won't be giving this place another chance. I have been here for breakfast also and have had the same issues. What has happened to customer service? The service here did not exist.

Lisa K, Manager at Ducks Nuts Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Good Afternoon dear trip advisor user,
Thank you, for your feedback regarding your recent dining experience at Ducks Nuts. Whilst it disappoints us to hear this negative feedback, we assure you that it is taken seriously and we will use your feedback as a tool to ensure we can provide a better service to our customers in the future.
We assure you we take pride on the service that we provide and this matter will be investigated, to ensure that this does not take place again.
We hope that you will in the near future visit Ducks Nuts as your destination of choice. If you would be interested in giving us another chance we extend an invitation, and we would love to meet you in person and apologise. We encourage you to contact us at any time on 89422122 or email us at manager@ducksnuts.com.au

Regards,
Management Team.

Darwin, Australia
“Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I'm come here quite often and mostly in the evenings for a solo dinner and a drink while watching the people pass by. Food has always been great and the vibe is good. Not too loud and not too quiet either.
This time I was here for a quick and light lunch. One thing to note is there is no food available between 1115 and 1200 except the coffee shop that's attached to it. I came in at 1145 and ordered a salad. The waitress had to make 2 trips to the kitchen to confirm that the food will be cooked because "Kitchen only opens at 12". I don't think it was the waitress' call. In the end I got my meal at 1205 and I sat thinking "Was it really worth for the kitchen to decline cooking the meal for a mere 10 or 15 minutes?". Even if they did start cooking at 1200, I probably wouldn't have noticed. After all it was only a salad, not a steak or chicken dish.
But that one interaction had a negative effect on the experience. I will be back because I love the place. Just get the Kitchen staff's head out of the sand.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lisa K, Manager at Ducks Nuts Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Globe Jump,
Thanks for being one of our many regulars and taking the time to tell others of your experience and suggestions.
Apologies, it seems our staff could have explained the situation a little simpler, making it seem like an issue when we know you would have been understanding.
Like many restaurants we do allow the ktichen some time after breakfast to prep and organise. It ensures timely lunch meals to our all important guests from the get go at midday.
The hardworking chefs are very accomodating so apologies if this is not the impression you were given.
Thanks for being one of our customers, we love Ducks too !

Cheers Lisa and the team.
Darwin, Australia
“Every bit as good the second time round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

John and I had date night at Duck’s Nuts for the mussel’s on Thursday night. Very pleased to report that the second experience was every bit as good as the first. The mussels with chilli and tomato are delicious. That is two down – one to go. Next date night will be the laksa mussels. Here’s hoping it is three out of three……Service was excellent, very reasonable prices and very cold beer. If you like mussels you will love Thursday Night at Duck’s

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“AMAZING!!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Friendly staff, amazing food, cold beer , fair price awesome atmosphere a must GO !!' Will def be there again in the very near future !!

“Good coffee but could be great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Had a coffee here last week. The atmosphere was very pleasant the coffee tasted good but was a bit tepid. So if they could improve this it would be great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere