“Always busy!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 248 Restaurants in Darwin
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Perfectly located on Mitchell Street, Monsoons, Darwin’s original cinema building, has been restored and remodeled into a vibrant city venue abundant in community cool and party atmosphere while holding on to traditional pub values. Think fun, relaxation and style. Claiming Darwin's longest bar - our focus is on great beer, distinctive wines at an affordable price, fresh easy food, and outstanding service and true to our Northern territory Lifestyle: a large outdoor area.With live entertainment seven nights a week, it's not just the beer or our award winning menu that's worth stopping for. Monsoons is fast becoming Darwin's entertainment ‘gem' with local & interstate acts. Add to that an award winning gaming room and Keno and you'll understand why we really are Darwin's biggest ‘party' bar.
Gisborne, Australia
“Always busy!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This bar is always happening no matter what the day, stoped past a couple of times while walking around town just for a cool refreshment.

Visited April 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Good steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Liked - Food, outside tables, live music, bar staff, central location
Disliked - little expensive, can get crowded but big bar

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“great atomsphere even better food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Dining out is something I do on a rare ocassion because as an enthusiastic cook myself I always end up saying I could have done better myself. However, the coconut prawns that had in Monsoons were absolutely perfect (a rare admission on my part). Not only was my food good the three people I was with had similar appraisals, I always tried theirs and can concour:)
It was also very good value for money. There was also a great atomsphere and the night was truly one I'll remember (testiment to that is the fact I wrote this). Overall i highly recommend Monsoons for great atomsphere and even better food.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Boom!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Just back from a tour of oz. We were in Darwin for a bit and stumbled accross this gem of a place. Have to say the food was super,music great and the atmosphere second to none. Wish we had a place like this at home! I had the steak and pepper sauce with all the trimmings and melt in your mouth fantastic. Hope to get back to see ye again soon keep up the good work. P.S Special thanks to Hayley for looking after us I think Donie took a shine to her.

xalapa
“lovely stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I eat out a lot, and it´s not often i feel moved to write about it, but i really felt that the food, and especially the service, here was worthy of note. it was one of those nights where everything seemed to come together perfectly. the food was excellent. to be honest, many of the same dishes that you can find in a lot of places in Australia, just with a little bit more effort, in the presentation and the flavour. we went there midweek, and it wasn´t too busy. i think this made it better for us, because we had he chance to talk to the chef, who did a lot to convince us about his passionm for food. all in all, i would highly recommend this place, one of the few places i´ve eaten in over in australia that sticks in my mind, hope you all enjoy it as much as we did,
Gerardo