“Yum, Yum, In Ma Tum!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 232 restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Pavonia Place is a cosy Restaurant located in the heart of Darwin's seaside suburb of Nightcliff. Specialising in modern Australian cuisine with a focus on fresh food and local produce, Pavonia Place prides itself on catering to Gluten free and vego requirements and in utilising the freshest possible ingredients and Australian only seafood. Pavonia Place welcome children of all ages and cater to groups both large and small.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Yum, Yum, In Ma Tum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

highly recommend! Was the best food i ate in Darwin or even Australia… Maybe even, THE WORLD!
ticked all of the boxes! Great atmosphere, awesome cocktails! energetic service and to top it all off ill have some palatable, mind-blowing, mouth-watering, luscious, heavenly, almost orgasmic feast!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Mooloolaba, Australia
“Bucket list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I recently visited Darwin and had a wonderful dining experience at Pavonia Place. I must say the food was amazing, the menu is divine lavished with an array of fresh local products. I thought I'd try something different so I went with the crocodile which was a first for me and it was to die for. And as for the staff and owners they went that extra mile to ensure we had a most enjoyable evening. Thanks Pavonia we will definitely visit again when we are in Darwin. Jodi I.

• Visited August 2013
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Came here with a girlfriend for a big catch up. Bit of confusion with whether we should sit ourselves or not. And no one greeted us for a good 5 minutes before we decided to seat ourselves. Other then that service was great food was great aswell. Seats a little uncomfortable especially for sitting for a long time. Cocktail was strong and delicious. Desert was awesome. All round a really nice spot with good food and service

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Interesting and relatively new restaurant in the northern suburbs of Darwin.

The presentation is crisp, clean and well decorated. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful and the Chef is flexible in his dishes: their kangaroo stated on the menu that it came medium-rare. Now I only ever eat red meat and especially kangaroo, 'blue'. I asked and the Chef agreed to do it blue. When it came I would judge it as rare rather than blue but it was excellent.

The wine list was good and the deserts also excellent. I did run into an all too common problem with red wine in Darwin. When served it was warm and totally undrinkable; reds should never be drunk warm so I asked that it be put in the fridge for awhile to cool it down. The staff were only too happy to oblige. The one thing that is lacking is a wine fridge to keep the reds and to a lesser extent the whites at the right temperature; in a tropical climate like Darwin a good quality wine fridge is not an optional extra, it is mandatory, especially in a restaurant.

The atmosphere was good and comfortably air conditioned - not too hot and not too cold.
I'd certainly be happy to eat there again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Decided to go here for my hubby's birthday after hearing many great reviews, and we weren't disappointed!
Food was delicious, everyone enjoyed everything!
Service was sensational, particularly our main waitress for the night, I am unsure of her name sorry, tried looking for a name badge, but she was a pretty girl with bright red hair- she was just lovely.
The only small criticism I have is that after a while the chairs become quite uncomfortable as they are so hard. Wasn't enough to dampen a great night though. We will definitely be back!

• Visited September 2013