“Barramundi day fishing at it's best! The trip of a lifetime!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 80 Activities in Darwin
Maroochydore, Australia
“Barramundi day fishing at it's best! The trip of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my first day fishing trip up to the Northern Territory and my first barramundi day fishing trip.

I have heard many guys talk about how good the barra fishing is up north, and you must fish the run-off, etc, etc, but nothing could have prepared me for what lay ahead.

The best way to do justice to barra fishing is to go out on a helicopter doing helifishing! This allows you to fish remote spots a long way away from human civilisation, and in billabongs, rivers and little runoff streams virtually untouched by rod and lure!

Inaccessible areas become a simple hop, skip and land in the amazing R44 helicopters, of which Helifishing has 3!

Mark, our pilot and tour guide, was awesome. He is not shy to share his wealth of knowledge with you, and you are made to feel comfortable and relaxed. Mark's experience and assistance at all times will allow even the most novice of anglers to land that "fish of a lifetime".

The ability to move quickly from spot to spot is sensational, giving you the best chance ever of catching great fish in a variety of remote locations, most of which are inaccessible by road or boat.

I am hooked, what can I say!

Book early to avoid disappointment during the runoff period - nothing should get in the road of such fantastic fishing!

Visited March 2013
Mark R, Owner at HeliFish Private Day Tours, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks for your reveiw....it took us a little time to find the Barra but you got to see a once in a lifetime Barra frenzy....really enjoyed your company and look forward to taking you and your friends out again.
P.S. You need to stop kissing the fish before you throw them back....that is someone elses trade mark.
Cheers

Bulliu
“Helifish is a mind blowing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I can't recommend Helifish high enough. We had to pinch ourselves to make sure we weren't dreaming. The fishing was spectacular, but once you throw the helicopter in, it becomes a trip of a lifetime. My lovely wife and I booked a trip that included fishing on a cattle station's billabong which we class as the best fishing experience of our lives. Simply Barra after Barra.

Of course my wife kicked my butt once again ha ha.
I was also very appreciative of how nicely we were treated. Nothing was a problem from the staff at Helifish.
Mark Mclean
Bulli NSW

Visited July 2012
Thanks for your kind words Mark.....Your welcome anytime your in town....and your right, your wife did kick it good
Darwin, Australia
“It's ofFISHal...HeliFish is a life experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Catching a Barramundi from the mouth of a creek after being flown there by helicopter has been on my bucket list for over a decade, so last week I went out with HeliFish for a full day's fishing. A good mate an I were taken out to Anson Bay by pilot Tommy, and the service I received from both Mark and Tommy can only be described as second to none. These guys run a tight ship, and the condition of the helicopters and their local and technical knowledge make this obvious from the minute you sign up.

With plenty of Barra caught over the day, I managed a really fat 79cm in the morning session followed by a cracker 91cm over the lunch break. As I said to a mate on return, even if I hadn't landed a fish for the whole day, the helicopter side of the experience is worth the money. The sensational and remote coastline, floodplains with bird and other wildlife, and the crocodiles too!

Over the course of the day I managed to get some great footage which will shortly be posted on YouTube (theoffishalangler channel) as OFFISHAL TV: Episode 1 (In Search of Barra). Have a look at that and you will see how very cool this experience was.

Thanks heaps guys, as I say in the episode - this was the best day of my life! My only advice - do the full day, it is worth every cent.

Visited August 2012
Mark R, Owner at HeliFish Private Day Tours, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hi Andy,
Thank you for your kind praise of our Helifishing tour.
Knowing you were after video footage on your trip for your series of personal fishing videos allowed us to focus on your requirements and having viewed the video on you tube I must say you have put together a great clip of your adventures. We look forward to seeing the next video adventure when its done and if we can fulfil any of your helifishing requirements in the future please let us know.
Palmerston, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“What an Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Having been in the NT for the past 7 years i was unsure exactly how a heli fishing trip would rate but I was blown away with the whole experience.
Just flying down the coast to our fishing spots was awesome - Mark the pilot was very informative and provided excellent commentary on interesting facts about the region which made the flight even more enjoyable.
Each time we arrived at our fishing destinations I was blown away that we had arrived in such beautiful locations which there was no way we could have accessed them by boat with the tide being so far out.
The fish were there if you were good enough and we landed several nice barra but it was pleasure just to be out there amongst it trying - no doubt those same creeks would produce great fishing when the run off is on and given the chance I will be there having a crack at them.
The lunch provided was first rate and there was plenty of water to keep hydrated.
An awesome day out.

Visited September 2012
Thanks for your review Shane. We thoroughly enjoyed your company during the trip and are pleased it met and exceeded your expectations. As occasionally happens the Barra weren't in a full on feeding mood on your day so the catch was down a little on average.We do try very hard to make the day an outstanding experience regardless of the fishing and hope it ticked all your boxes.
Brisbane, Australia
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

THANK YOU HELIFISH for an AMAZING day. My husband is the fisherman,I just went along for the experience,AND WHAT AN EXPERIENCE !!! The fishing was great. We fished in several very remote places at one spot the creek was literally bubbling with fish. The prize of the day was a 95cm Barra, Result! One VERY HAPPY husband. I had never flown in a Helicopter and was a little nervous to say the least but I need not have worried, Thanks to our pilot Tommy we had a Fantastic day. We not only fished but saw a very large Shark basking in the shallow just off shore,also spotted a few Crocs along the way. Had lunch on a very remote beach that looked as if it had never seen a human footprint before......Thank you Mark & Tommy -----better known as HELIFISH--- for the experience of a lifetime......

Visited August 2012
Mark R, Owner at HeliFish Private Day Tours, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Great to know your apprehension of going in a helicopter was quickly relieved. We know how amazing the chopper experience can be for those that haven't been in them before and once the ice is broken most people will grab every opportunity to get back on board when the opportunity arises......As for the happy husband....that can only be a plus. Great to know you enjoyed our trip.
Cheers and thanks