“Yes please....a little hidden gem.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Darwin, Australia
“Yes please....a little hidden gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great food..good service..very friendly staff...we used to go to the previous location in Cullen bay...better location and atmosphere there, but they have had to do their best...same chef...same ambience..minus the water nearby....we had water cres and barramundi, local, was great, a bottle of wine, steamed rice and vego spring rolls ...really good, intimate, but too hidden!! We must frequent this place more before everyone goes bananas on it....we will be going again for sure...

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ramallah
“Excellent Thai food and lovely atmosphere in Darwin branch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We discovered this restaurant by accident recently, and love it. the food is really good, with a wide variety. The service is very friendly and professional, and the restaurant decor is great. It's in a strange location just off Stuart highway in downtown Darwin, but away from the main areas.They do take away as well.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Darwin
“Nice Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Staff are very friendly and efficient and the menu is diverse. Very quick service after you have ordered your food and the meal is always fresh and full of flavour

Visited March 2012
Darwin, Australia
“Prefer the branch in Cullen Bay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The food is mediocre, but the ambience is great. There used to be a branch/franchise in Cullen Bay and the food there tasted so much better. Could be a change in chefs, who knows. I personally think the jungle stir-fry is not bad. The overall spicy-ness is not really that spicy, oh well, most Australians cannot take authentic asian spicy food anyway. ;) Service was superb.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Darwin
“Ruined Birthday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family took me to Bahn Thai in Palmerston for my birthday treat. The young man who took our order was very nice and ensured he had everyone's order. Service from then on was slow... one entre... bit later another.... bit later another - OK that's the Entres over now for the main... one came out .. 20 mins later another came out ..... 20 mins later another came out, etc. OK so after an hour or so of waiting for my meal (and repeated requests for an update) we decided it was not coming and went to pay. At the Register I asked to see the Manager but was fobbed off with one of the wait staff. I explained that my birthday treat had been ruined because my meal had not arrived and it was explained that they were very busy - I said I didn't think 12 people in a restaurant was busy especially as I was one of the 12! They offered to make the dish there and then but I said no thanks as everyone else was ready to leave - they shruged and offered us a discount of 10% .. great thanks for nothing. After we left we discovered they had actually charged for my meal! So I got a 10% discount on something I didnt have !! Never going there again.

• Visited July 2012