“Pleasant day out” 4 of 5 stars

+61 8 8981 6670
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Picking up from your Darwin CBD accommodation in our comfortable, air-conditioned small tour bus with a maximum seating of 19. Our first stop is the Adelaide River where we board the boat for your private jumping crocodile cruise. The purpose built boats get you right up close to the really big crocs – a must-do Territory experience!Then it’s over to Litchfield National Park via Batchelor Township. Quality information and commentary on Darwin & Litchfield National Park history & culture. Learn about and get a photo with the very impressive magnetic and cathedral termite mounds.After lunch – we drive deep into Litchfield National Park visiting Wangi Falls, Tolmer Falls, Buley Rock Hole and Florence Falls. Time for some exploring and a swim in one of the fantastic swimming holes. Plenty of wildlife opportunities here too – your eagle-eyed guide won’t let you miss a thing!Finishing up in Litchfield we make our way back to Darwin City and East Point Reserve to take in a legendary Top End sunset over the ocean. Recap the day’s events over prawns and bubbly while absorbing one last stunning display of the amazing top end of the Northern Territory. Tour may also run in reverse. We return you to your Darwin accommodation at approximately 7.30pm.
London
27 attraction reviews
“Pleasant day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2015 NEW

Unlike most other reviewers I preferred Litchfield national park to the croc cruise. I found the crocodile guy so annoying - he lectured us on capitalism and vegetarianism etc more than he actually talked about the crocodiles - I found him over-bearing and boring - which was a shame because the crocs sold themselves really and what he did tell us about them was interesting.

Joey was our tour guide and he did a good job at keeping us entertained and making stops for toilets/water etc. I loved Florence falls and being able to swin in the waterfall pool. Wangi Falls was nice enough but nothing spectacular and Buley Hole was really nice - a gentle cascade where you can sit in the water pools. It was a real whistle stop tour of Litchfield but I think it's a good tour in that you can see the crocodiles on the same day. And finishing with sunset was a really nice touch and one of the only sunsets I saw in Australia because of the terrible weather!

“Excellent Day Out ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

Grear day. Our guide Joe was the best. Very infotmative. Croc cruise was very informative and interesting and yes we saw croc's. Litchfield Park and falls were spectacular. Prawns and champers topped the day off! Thank you for a great day Jenny and Adam

WallarooEcoTours, Front Office Manager at Wallaroo Tours, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Jenny and Adam, thank you for your wonderful feedback! We're glad you had such a great time on our LItchfield Tour and we'd love to have you with us again. Hope you enjoyed your time in the NT. Kind regards, the Wallaroo Tours team.
“Absolutely incredible day at Litchfield National Park!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

I booked a day trip to Litchfield with the Crocodile Cruise on Offroad Dreamin'. They had to cancel and rebooked me on Wallaroo Tours which worked out even better! I went on the tour alone and Christy was my tour guide and she was outstanding! Funny, friendly, knowledgeable. She made you feel very welcome from the beginning.There ended up being 16 of us on the tour on a Monday. The crocodile cruise had no shortage of crocodiles and the tour guide on the boat had no shortage of information, that's for sure! You'll be within touching distance of huge crocs within 15 minutes of boarding the boat! just watch your arms! :) The tour through Litchfield was beautiful! Plenty of waterfalls to swim in and places for pictures! Then after a long, incredible day of sight seeing, swimming and enjoying the company of everyone on the tour we drove back into town to watch the sun set on the beach and drink champagne! A perfect end to a perfect day. I would HIGHLY recommend this trip to anyone! I can't wait to go back to take my friends on it. I'd make a trip back to Darwin from the United States JUST to take this tour again! There were plenty of food/coffee/bathroom stops, sandwiches for lunch (included in the trip), plenty of water to refill your bottles. I took a waterproof case for my camera phone and would definitely encourage you to do the same.

Hi Dane,
Thank you so much for your review of our Wallaroo Tour - we truly value your feedback. We're glad you loved our tour as much as we do and we'd love to have you on again in the future! Thanks for the review
Kind regards,
The Wallaroo Team
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Great day trip from Darwin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

I really enjoyed this day trip. Guide and driver Christy worked extremely hard to ensure we enjoyed ourselves and she created a really good atmosphere on the bus. The crocodile cruise was great - I learned a lot from Pat - and swimming in the waterholes was just amazing. Christie kept us topped up with snacks throughout the day. Definitely worth the money and a great day trip from Darwin.

Visited April 2015
“Litchfield excursion is awesome ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

Pat and Joey are my two new favourite people. Between Joey being a great tour guide and Pat being extremely knowledgeable on all things wild. This is and probably will remain one of my top 5 trips.

Been to Wallaroo Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Wallaroo Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.