“Best tour to Litchfield” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 80 Activities in Darwin
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn the real story. Northern Territory Indigenous Tours’ owner, guide and former park ranger, Tess Atie, offers generations of knowledge about the Top End and outback on these unique indigenous tours. Aboriginal guided day trips to Territory Wildlife Park, Woolaning Spring and Litchfield National Park depart from your Darwin hotel every day. Tess invites you to experience inspiration, education and adventure in comfort and safety on her family's rugged and beautiful country.
Oregon City, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
“Best tour to Litchfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you want to see Litchfield, this is the tour to take. Tess is an amazing person- she will share her area with you and give you an insight you won't find from anyone else. This is the only tour with an Indigenous tour guide. The tour is small and she is able to go places the buses can't. It's a wonderful with a fantastic local!

Visited August 2012
Kidanor, Owner at Northern Territory Indigenous Day Tours, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you so much Desi. I was delighted to read your review of my tour. You were a lovely person to take out on tour, and so keen to learn. That's what I love most in my guests. Thanks again for coming out with me and I look forward to catching up if you return or if I make it to your neck of the woods!

Sydney, Australia
“Litchfield National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Thanks to Tess, we had a great day experiencing the real Litchfield. We booked this day tour based on reviews and the advertised itinerary and organised our short trip to Darwin around it. We were definitely not disappointed. We watched the other tour operators at some of the more popular sites in the park and felt privileged that we had Tess's personal touch and the knowledge that comes from a family history in the area. It was great to get to see and experience some of the more out of the way places too. I loved listening to the many ideas that Tess has for future tourism ventures. Let me know if you plan to do the 'walk' across country, I'd love to do it.
Mick (The fireman) and Bernadette

Visited August 2012
Hi Mick, thanks for your lovely review! It is great to be able visit the little out-of-the-way parts of Litchfield National Park that most miss out on. You know, I often read comments saying that 1 day is plenty to see Litchfield, have a swim and get on to the next place ... Yet the Litchfield area is such a rich and diverse bit of country with so many fascinating places to see and learn about for so many different reasons--so much more than a few waterfalls and swimming holes. Anyway, I'm glad you were able to see more than most. Thanks for coming!
“Excellent, thanks for everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Great experience, enjoyed every minute of it. Laid-back, friendly & informative service, made it a top day out
Recommend this to anyone looking for a fun, personalised tour with in depth local knowledge.

Hi Rob, thanks so much for coming on my tour and for writing about it. Our little group had a great day together!
Melbourne, Australia
“Georgina and Max”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We say good-bye to the Territory with fond memories of the people we have met and places we have visited. This journey has been one of discovery and rich experiences. We would like to thank you Tess, for making our final day such a memorable one. Your stories and knowledge of the land, shared so passionately with us, has built our understanding of the rich indigenous culture created in this beautiful country we all call home. Thank you for the memories; I look forward to sharing them with my mob.

Visited July 2012
Hi Georgina, thanks so much for your kind words. I am so glad you are taking home such good memories from your trip. I very much enjoyed your company as well. I'm looking forward to meeting your mob when they travel up this way!
Brisbane, Australia
18 attraction reviews
“Litchfield National Park day tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent a wonderful day with Tess & Greg as they took us through Litchfield to Tolmer Falls, Wangi Falls & Florence Falls. Lunch was a feast of croc, barra & kangaroo under a canopy of trees at a lovely swimming hole on Tess's family property. Our kids (10 & 7) loved the experience & we appreciated hearing about Tess, her family & the local area. Lovely people & a very professional tour service. Definitely a highlight of our Aussie roadtrip.

Visited June 2012
, Owner at Northern Territory Indigenous Day Tours, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments Lyndelle. Your family and kids are a delight and it was great to see them asking questions and exploring the creeks and tracks with the other kids, things that all kids should be able to do.