“too much buzz, not enough service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #154 of 234 Restaurants in Darwin
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Nathalia
“too much buzz, not enough service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had lunch at Buzz Café twice in the past week. No problems with the food, Great outlook.
Very poor service on both occasions. Staff were not only slow, but simply did not seem to know
what they were doing! We had to chase up drinks, received the wrong ones. Meals, when they arrived, were fine, but then chasing drinks again. On our first visit, we had to find the wait staff in order to pay the bill. could quite easily have walked, and perhaps less honest customers do. it then took some time for the waiter to actually put the bill together, with some help from the manager, who seemed to be busy entertaining guests or friends.
just not professional at all. I guess the location and atmosphere are enough, and the rest does
not seem to be important. won't bother going back., better options in Darwin.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Adelaide, Australia
“Forgotten about..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I visited on a work trip and finished work late and came to join my uncle and auntie for tea who were travelling to Darwin separately to myself.
I arrived at about 10pm and sat down to choose my food quickly (I hadn't expected the kitchen to still be open but my family were still waiting on their meals). I got up to order and it was a few minutes before I was acknowledged by anyone. When I asked if I could order I was told them the kitchen was closed. I asked them how that could be as my family had been waiting for their meal for well over an hour! (Maybe even an hour and a half)
The waitress seemed a bit panicked and spoke with the kitchen. I sat down and a few minutes later she returned to let me know that meals would only be a few minutes and she was very sorry and all our meals would be on the house- great!
She returned with our drinks and then re-informed us that my meal would not be free as mine was not a mistake. I hadn't expected my meal to be free and thought it was very kind of them, but to say it was and then take it back isn't going over and above to satisfy very hungry annoyed forgotten about customers. It put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth to be honest.

The place seems disorganised, my uncle and auntie ordered half a dozen oysters as an entree and received a dozen. Turns out it was lucky that they stuffed the amount up or they would have been even more hungry.

Food was amazing, we all had the fish. If you go here I would recommend that.
If you want good customer service and your meals on time then this is not the place for you.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Good food, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Went there with some work colleagues for dinner. Food was delivered in a timely manner, tasted great and was fresh. No complaints from any of us. Prices were reasonable and staff were friendly.
Location on the water was great and the atmosphere was nice.
Men, enjoy the bathroom! You will understand when you go there!

Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We only had lunch here. Service was good and food good too. Great position and nice and cool.

Would return again, if ever in Darwin

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Worth the wait!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

After waiting for a long time we got entree before our drinks or water arrived! Wait staff were run off their feet, not enough waiters until 1 hr later! Salads were excellent and waitress did come and apologise for delays. Management need to lift their game on service as their food was great.

Visited July 2013