“Guest not always the priority” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront

You added Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront to your Saves list
Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Kitchener Drive, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800, Australia   |
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Darwin
East Anglia
“Guest not always the priority”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a perfectly adequate hotel, the rooms are clean, quiet and spacious, there is a pool and gym and the restaurant is OK (I only had a breakfast there so can't really comment). They were happy to let me leave a case with them when I went for a 3 day tour and they gave me a late checkout with access to the pool and internet until I left for the airport at 3pm. This is good customer relations. The other side was shown when I enquired about a small item that I believed that I had left in my room on the first visit when the young and inexperienced staff seemed more concerned to fill in forms for the outsourced housekeeping and I had to go on and on at them to just go and look in the lost property cupboard. I was made to feel that I was being a nuisance - er, sorry for that but who is paying the wages?
The outsourced housekeeping may not have the guests as their priority and are probably only interested in short term profit - note to hotel manager - watch these people like a hawk, they can screw up your business quicker than a wink!
They charged me for a couple of small items from the mini-bar that I hadn't taken but knocked them off the bill without question when I challenged it. An honest mistake maybe but sloppy management - check your bill before you pay!
Would I come again? Yes, there is easy access to the town and the locality has a small artificial beach with a stinger net and a wave pool ($4 half a day $6 full day). There are a number of bar/restaurants in the area.
I believe that there has been a change in management recently and so the minor irritations that I write about will hopefully get some attention but on the whole a perfectly reasonable place to lay your head.
Bear in mind that my visit was in low season so the town and hotel is not busy.

Room Tip: Water view rooms come at about $20 more than the land view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Swoodbury, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear PeterC48

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Walked into room. Smelled like an ashtray. It's a non smoking hotel.called reception. After 10 minutes of them not figuring out the system to chg rooms, we just stayed in the designated room. Used spoons and plates to make a quick snack. They were not clean, had to clean them myself.... Bedspread had dirt on it. Ordered room service ( pizza) on night two it took 45 min. When it arrived I opened it up, and it was burnt. Plus a part of the edge was cut off as I assume that part was really burnt. I had to go down to the restaurant to get my money back.

I couldn't make this up...people are nice but overall service and value is not even satisfactory here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FBHaz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us some feedback on your recent stay at the Vibe Darwin Waterfront.

I would like to apologise in advance for any inconveniences caused during your stay. Due to the anonymity on Trip Advisor, it makes it hard for us to follow up and contact you directly in relation to this feedback. I strongly encourage you to contact myself on 08 8982 9999 so that we can discuss your stay in further detail with you over the phone.

We certainly do value your patronage and we would like the opportunity to welcome you back again so that we may provide the service and standard that we pride ourselves.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff at at reception were great. However, the room was terrible. Newly appointed but very cheap and nasty. The noise of doors slamming all night meant that I got 2 hours sleep and therefore my tour of Litchfiled National Park the next day was not very enjoyable. Also, it sounded like I was at a race course with the banging and continuous noise on the floor above.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not near a lift or on level 4
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear 49Paul49,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent stay at the Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

I was disappointed to hear your comments regarding the poor nights sleep you experianced due to the noise of slaming doors. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Please note that we strive to provide a high quality service and standard and it appears that we failed on this occassion. I have passed on your comments with the relevant department concerned, We have decided to have all Guest room doors checked and small rubber dots to be placed in the door frame's to assist with noise closing doors.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room and location were wonderful, comfortable bed, and all the extras you expect for the price you pay. location is nice, overlooking the waterfront. Short walk into town centre.

Was let down a bit though: I wasn't allowed to pay for my bill in Australian dollars (only my home currency), and the fact I was charged for checking-in early wasn't clearly communicated to me (I would have checked in later would I have known). So I didn't find this hotel value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Beedub31,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us some feedback on your recent stay at the Vibe Hotel darwin Waterfront.

I would like to apologise in advance for any inconveniences caused during your stay. Due to the anonymity on Trip Advisor, it makes it hard for us to follow up and contact you directly in relation to this feedback. I strongly encourage you to contact myself on 08 8982 9999 so that we can discuss the your stay in further detail with you over the phone.

I am glad you enjoyed your room and the hotels location.

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights over Christmas. Nice & new facilities. Check-in was a pain (though I think this may have been an exception to the rule), I was standing at the reception desk for 15+ minutes before being served. Had requested a twin share room but was given a double, so I rang reception and after a bit of stuffing around was actually moved to another room. Had breakfast twice in the hotel restaurant, not too bad (typical buffet) but wait staff were pretty disappointing. They spent half the time walking around depressed and the other half watching the big screen TV or talking among themselves. The location of the hotel is amazing! Beautiful scenery, great restaurants/bars/cafes close by, nice shops to look through, overlooks the wave-pool, right next to the convention center and short walk from the Wharf (more great food) and the CBD. Definitely recommend this hotel for business people, holiday makers and for locals who just want a night out. Awesome!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Swoodbury, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear NTShaz

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed one night with the Wotif "Vibe Steal deal deal" and were impressed by the quality of accommodation for only $97 per night. The bed and furniture were very clean and comfortable and the room enjoyed great view over the Darwin waterfront precinct. The hotel is well maintained with a fantastic pool and adjoining spa. There are a number of bars and restaurants within very close undercover walking distance so you don't even get wet durung the wet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SydneyConcordian,

Thank you for your review on Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I thought we would try a different hotel on the way back to Sydney so I booked in at Vibe at the Waterfront. It was super nice and convenient to restaurants and shopping. We were only in for the one night but the room was luxurious and the facilities at the waterfront were great. My boys loved the wave pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Swoodbury, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear melissaw1970

It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team.

Thank you again for sharing your stay at the Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront? Share your experiences!