I have NOTHING positive to say about this hotel.
We arrived to be given a filthy room - black marks filled the toilet bowl, shower grout was black, bathroom cabinets were filthy, net curtains were filthy as fly swatted all over them, the outside patio table was dirty and covered with bird crap and the whole area needed sweeping.
We had arrived late for a one night stay and as we were going out that evening to sounds of silence dinner we informed reception but said we would put up with it for one night - however a joker of an employee on the front desk did say - "well I know the cleaners go in the rooms but I don't know what they do" - well maybe he should know and better still role swap for a day.
That night the toilet blocked so on calling reception were told that maintenance didn't start until 8am - so had to walk to main block for toilet !!!
We were returning after a one night trip to Alice so we asked for a better and cleaner room when we returned - which they agreed they would do for us.
By the way we had breakfast before we left - $72 for a buffet and a continental offering - yet another rip off as far as choice and quality are concerned !!
Well - we returned and did get another room - dead flies on the ceiling, dirty bathroom etc etc etc - so we checked out and upgraded to Sails - different planet as far as quality is concerned.
I have stayed in so many Acor group hotels - all over France, UK and now Australia and this place is the worst example of the group I have ever had the misfortune to stay in - and the most expensive at $285 for one nights stay.
This maybe the economy option from Acor here but there is NO possible excuse for the filth and the poor staff - I suggest that senior management should stay here on their next property visit and get a "Guest's Eye View"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel is a superior hotel at Voyages Ayers Rock Resort. Magnificent ghost gums and flowering native shrubs are the setting for this hotel. Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel is centrally located to all resort and touring facilities and offers a range of accommodation, from shaded poolside rooms to deluxe rooms overlooking the desert.You can relax in the comfort of your own private balcony or courtyard, or unwind in the hotel's pool, sipping cocktails from the Bunya bar. It's only a short stroll to the Resort's numerous lookouts, where you can view what is arguably Australia's best sunset, with the spectacular play of colours across the face of Uluru and the surrounding desert. Once the sun has set, dine at Arnguli Grill and savour an a la carte flame grilled menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Desert Gardens
- Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara