We were concerned when reading reviews that maybe we had invested too much of our hard earned cash in staying here, so were wondering before we arrived what to expect.
What we discovered from the moment we stepped off the plane and were met by Jake and Liz was we had made 100% the right decision and we were staying at a hotel where the service is exceptional!
We have often said hotels were excellent and then gone on to highlight a minor negative, sorry but here there is not one negative we can highlight. The whole experience is bliss, you have to think about nothing,these guys have thought it out for you, from knowing the better places to take you in the public viewing areas at sunrise, to driving out to rendezvous with great breakfast picnics.
The chef is one very talented lady and the way food allergies are handled was the best we have ever seen. Every meal is excellent, perfectly balanced tastes dinners in the Dune House were Michelin star standard and the paired wines were very well chosen and high end.
All the staff are engaged, have a positive can do attitude and will do all they can to make your stay unbelievable, sometimes things just happen and you do not even notice and that is the mark of a great place.
Let them sort out any additional trips you want to make, as they handle all the logistics, it was a bit special though to take off from the hotel helipad for our trip out to Lake Amadeus
And even when it is time to go they look after you sorting out and printing your boarding passes and handing them in personalised envelopes. Pity British Airways could not actually deliver the booked flights but that's another story!
Well done Longitude, and to anyone wondering is the cost worth it, yes, 100%
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Timeless and enriching, Longitude 131° lies at the gateway of the dual World Heritage listed wilderness of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, complete with 5-class luxury and private views of the sun rising and setting over Uluru (Ayers Rock). With just 15 tents in total at Longitude 131° you only have to share this amazing experience with just a few others. Venture to Uluru and Kata Tjuta and you are exposed to an expansive living cultural landscape which very few are able to experience. Whether you spend your time learning of the ancient cultures of traditional owners, or exploring the stunning flora and fauna with expert guides, face to face with this irresistible land, your senses come alive.The evening also offers up an experience to last a lifetime. Dine out under the spectacular desert night sky at Table 131°. An intimate three-course dinner is served with the finest wines under a glittering canopy of stars. This is, without doubt, the perfect way to wind down after an amazing day of discovery. Children 10 years and over are welcome at Longitude 131°. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Longitude 131 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longitude 131 Hotel Yulara
- Longitude 131 Resort
- Longitude 131 Australia/Yulara