This is a good hotel for it's location which is far out in the center of Australia. There is not much else to do but go to the rocks, and lounge by the pool. They have shopping centers and gift shops, and the staff at all of these places go out of their way to make sure you have a good time. Uhluru at sunset is amazing, I recommend it. The one thing is that late at night the lighting, while adequate gives the place a 70's era horror movie feel. I halfway expected to see a horde of zombies coming around the corner like a scene from Undead. Other than that, the artists were friendly and the staff made you feel very welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Australia's Red Centre, the five star Sails in the Desert hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a decidedly luxurious outback holiday experience. Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites. Discover the passion behind Aboriginal art at Sails in the Desert's Mulgara Gallery. Then be lulled into complete relaxation by one of the Red Ochre Spa's package treatments. Sails in the Desert hotel features an expansive gumtree lined heated swimming pool and a diversity of modern dining, bar and lounge options. Choose Sails in the Desert for an outback holiday with a unique style and modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, ACCOR, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Sails In The Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara