We stayed at Sails in the Desert for two nights as part of an AATKings tour of the Centre, and I have nothing but high praise for the hotel, and particularly the staff. The itinerary for our tour supplied by our travel agent specified Sails in the Desert as our accommodation at Yulara, and I was surprised to find that AATKings had scheduled us to stay at the three star Outback Hotel (not the last time they downgraded the accommodation we had paid for, I was to find later). When I approached the tour driver/guide I was told that it was my problem and I would have to work it out with the hotels myself, and our bags were deposited at the front door.
Inside the foyer I approached Andrew, who I think was the duty manager, and explained my problem. I was very fortunate. Andrew could not have been more helpful. He had our luggage stored, provided us with free drinks, and spent the next two hours being fobbed off by the companies involved in our four week tour bookings. Eventually it was sorted out by Andrew and our own travel agent. During the process I mentioned my wife's lack of mobility to him and he promptly switched us to a ground floor room close to reception.
Andrew's attention to our problem set the scene for our whole stay. The layout of the hotel, the central park-like area with its lawns, pools and wonderul ghost gums, the proximity of the "town square", the cheerful friendly staff, the wonderful breakfast buffet, and the variety and quality of the meals all combined to make this a most memorable stay. Expensive perhaps, but with such a high standard in such a remote location that is quite understandable.
Well done, Sails in the Desert, and grateful thanks to Andrew.
- Also Known As:
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Sails In The Desert Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after the soaring white sails that crown its roof, this is Voyages Ayers Rock Resort's premium hotel. The interior decor focuses on Aboriginal heritage and culture, with a gallery in the lobby and significant artworks featured throughout the public areas and in the private rooms. Slip into comfort right in the heart of the central Australian outback at Voyages Sails in the Desert Hotel. Relax in beautifully appointed rooms, enjoy a cocktail in the lovely grounds, or sit back and relax under the magnificent white sails. The Hotel also features the acclaimed Mulgara Gallery, the lively, buffet-style Winkiku Restaurant, tapas-style cuisine by the pool at Rockpool (seasonal), and the award winning signature restaurant of Voyages Ayers Rock Resort, Kuniya Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, ACCOR, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Sails in the Desert Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.