Arrived after flight from Sydney. Everyone on flight would be staying at one of the three hotels in this area and have complimentary shuttle from the airport. Consequently everyone turning up at check in at the same time, the queue was long and hot. Not sure they can do anything about it, they have several people on desk but the check in process is long as your pre-booked tours are checked and the sales pitch to sell you more all takes time. Accommodation was adequate, very basic motel style rooms but with an excellent aircon which we were very grateful for. Breakfast was ok, nothing special, just not to my taste. There is nothing to do in the area apart from the organised tours to the Rock and surrounding areas for walks or camel rides. The heat and the flies were unbearable when we were there so were glad when our two days were over although this is not a fault of the hotel. Overall I enjoyed the experience and got to visit a very iconic place, but another time would probably try one of the other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for traditional Aussie hospitality? You'll find it at the Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge - with your choice of 3 1/2 star hotel or 2 star lodge accommodation, from comfortable, affordable hotel rooms and budget rooms to dormitories. This hotel is perfect for the demands of travellers looking for quality service in relaxed surrounds. This is a place where friendships are made and good times are had by all. Taste Australia's pioneering past, as you enjoy a beer and some outback delights at the do-it-yourself Outback BBQ, and swap stories of your day's adventures. Alternatively, opt for the peace and quiet of the Bough House Restaurant. The Voyages Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge is ideal for those who want to enjoy all that Ayers Rock (Uluru) has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outback Pioneer Hotel, Ayers Rock Hotel Yulara
- Hotel Outback Pioneer
- Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort Australia/Yulara