“Average Accommodation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort

You added Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort to your Saves list
Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Yulara Drive | Ayers Rock Resort, Yulara, Northern Territory 0872, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
3 Night Rate w/ Breakfast
Wollongong
“Average Accommodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The apartment was nice and big, plenty of room. The biggest letdown for us was the air conditioning. Visiting in January, obviously it was extremely hot, but the air conditioning didn't really cope. At night the bedrooms didn't seem to cool down very well. They supply a couple of fans in the apartment. It was quiet at night and the beds were very comfortable. It was clean, and we had everything we needed in the kitchen. The outside balcony definately needed cleaning - everything covered in red dust. We were able to use the pool in an adjoining hotel, but the water was so warm, not much point. Cold water in the apartment was almost as hot as the hot water, so no cold shower. Buffet breakfast was great. If you go out early and have paid for breakfast, you can pickup a takeaway breakfast box from reception from 5am. It was ok, nothing compared to the buffet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RM_Desert_Gardens, General Manager at Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Admeloz

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted to read that your apartment not only met but exceeded your expectations and provided everything you needed for an enjoyable stay.
I would like to apologise for the displeasure felt towards both the air conditioning unit and the warm temperature of your cold water. January 2013 was the hottest January on record for many years with temperatures rising to the mid forties. We are currently in the midst of reviewing our current systems in order to help prevent a reoccurrence.
I have discussed your comments in relation to the outdoor furniture not being cleaned to your satisfaction with our Executive Housekeeper who has since implemented corrective measures to ensure all outdoor furniture is cleaned to a high standard at all times.
Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with you review.

Leon Pink
Desert Gardens Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Drouin, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family of 5 just got back from Uluru from Drouin Victoria. The lobby of the Emu Walk apartments is lovely and so were the staff, just lovely. The Apartments? SO basic.
We weren't happy with the room but we weren't upset over it either. It was just WAYYYYYY overpriced. I would think if those rooms were in Melbourne or Adelaide they would fetch $180 Maximum for 5 people. So for $500 for 5 people it was shocking. However I understand that considering it is a tourist location, then of course they will charge more so I do understand that. The room was perfectly clean. The sheets weren't the best quality, no doona cover on the doona, just an old quilt on top of a wrinkled sheet. However. I arrived after midnight, so I am genuinely lucky they gave me a room in the first place and maybe they quickly rushed up to the room to prepare it while we were at reception..? It's possible. There was no linen provided for the pullout couch even though we told reception how many guests there would be, so I just took the beeding off the bed and gave it to the person on the pullout couch. I think I was expectionally spolit when I stayed at Coober Pedy in an amazing place so I may be comparing it to that which was half the price for 10 times the amazingness. The lady at the reception desk was utterly lovely and such a pleasure. She made the room worth it. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad. But for the price, it just wasn't nice. Was it clean? Yes. Did it have room? Yes. Easy to get to? Yes. It just reminded me of my first apartment when I was a teenager. Everything you need, but you don't love it. Since everything at Uluru is expensive (which is fair enough) it was ok. Would I stay there again? If I had to, yes. If I had another choice, probably not. Considering I arrived after midnight with no booking, they were amazing to even help me in the first place though. As such I feel guilty writing that it could have better. I write this only so that others know this: If you go there expecting heaven...you will be very dissapointed. If you go there expecting very basic but safe and clean accommodation then you wont mind. It'd be a very good and safe base to explore Uluru and they had an entire kitchen, though very basic.

Room Tip: Try to get an apartment as close to the carpark as possible as it is a small walk with stairs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RM_Desert_Gardens, Manager at Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Amanda R

I appreciate and thank you for your valuable review.
It gives me great pleasure to hear of the kind and courteous service that was displayed to you by our front office team. Your sentiments have been passed on to our Front Office Team and they were pleased to hear of the enjoyable experience they were able to provide you during your stay.
We often receive positive reviews regarding the value of Emu Walk Apartments at Ayers Rock Resort and to understand that you did not share these views are saddening. I recognize that your stay was one of enjoyment and I am delighted you have informed us with this honest feedback.

Michael Augustin
Hotel Operations
Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my partner and our 4 grown up children. There was a bed settee in the lounge area for 2 of the children but after spending ages trying to put it up we rang housekeeping to be told they knew it was broken. They quickly brought 2 camp beds which were adequate. No wardrobes or cupboards in the 2 nd bedroom. Kitchen wasnt particularly well equipped and catering for 6 wasnt easy. Apartment was ok but would benefit from a wash and brush up.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear H&R Kent

Thank you for your constructive feedback.
Please know that I am sorry for the out of order beds that were set up in the room and I am pleased to hear this was promptly rectified.
We genuinely appreciate your feed back regarding the interior design and overall facade of the apartments. We are currently in the process of putting together a refurbishment project with the intention to create a more contemporary feel.
Once again thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Michael Augustin
Hotel Operations
Alice Springs, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Only stayed for one night, the staff were friendly but apartment needed some TLC and some extra attention is needed to improve cleanliness in apartment, there were lots of cobwebs, mould in bathroom and you couldn't sit on the balcony outside as it hadn't been cleaned in quiet a while.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed for one night so that we could visit the Rock. Apartment comfortable near town square with shops, post office and cafes. Having checked out in the morning we were able to use the air conditioned comfort of the Desert Park Hotel (and could have used the pool) whilst waiting for our airport transfer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Loved our stay here for three nights. Staff were very helpful from the moment we began our reservations. The two bedroom apartment offered lots of space, well equipped kitchen and restful lounge. Connected to the Desert Sands we enjoyed the swimming pool, bar and laundry facilities (although the sun's heat was far more effective than the dryer). Free car parking allowed easy access to the Park. Close to the supermarket and village square was a treat. Only downside was the lack of available wifi in the Desert Sands despite paying for a voucher, learning only later after a frustrating few hours, the service was down.

Room Tip: two bedroom rooms very spacious
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RM_Desert_Gardens, General Manager at Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear kirstine2013

I found it wonderful to read the feedback you have provided and I would like to thank you for taking the time to do so.
Your kind comments regarding the hotel swimming pool, in room facilities and convenient location of your apartment are very welcome and I am glad to hear of your memorable experience whilst staying with us at Emu Walk Apartments.
Please do accept me sincerest apologies for the absences of wifi available. Please do accept mu sincere apologies for the problems you experienced with wifi. We have addressed these problems with contracted supplier.

Leon Pink
Desert Gardens Hotel | Emu Walk Apartments
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

4 of us stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 1 night and then 4 days later in a different 2 bedroom apartment for 3 nights. The first apartment was OK, but not as good as the 2nd. There were a few minor issues with the 2nd apartment when we checked in, but they were addressed immediately. The service was good. The kitchen was well equipped and we did most of the cooking ourselves. T
The pool was too far from the apartment. The resort is spread out and we were at the other end.

The supermarket was well stocked and prices were very reasonable. We ate once at Gecko cafe. The service was poor. It took forever to get the food and some water. I had a light meal of goat cheese souffle. It was the smallest I have ever seen, a few mouthfuls and overpriced. I mentioned it when I was paying the bill. The waiter said that they get the same complaint all the time. You would think that they would fix it if everybody is complaining.
Buffalo burger at Outback Pioneer hotel Pioneer Kitchen was good and the biggest burger I have ever seen.
Overall, it was an excellent experience, (my second time) and the trip to the Ayers rock is a must. Word of warning though. Alcohol prices are the highest I have ever seen anywhere. Bring your own if you can. A 6 pack of Boag beer is $26 and the cheapest wine is $30. I can buy that wine for about $5-$7 in Sydney.

Room Tip: The apartments facing the back, ie bush, are much better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Emu Walk Apartments, Ayers Rock Resort? Share your experiences!