“Wheel Chair Access” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   82 Barrett Drive, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Alice Springs
Alice Springs, Australia
“Wheel Chair Access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was told the room was fully wheelchair accesable. The access in the room was great except the shower. You can not sit on the shower bench(which is to small) and reach the shower nozzel or the taps, therefore no shower first night. But the hotel was excellent is getting me a shower chair the next day. Temp control is out of reach, same as jug coffee and cups.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Sharon K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate your comments and I'm happy to hear our team was able to assist you. We will certainly be considering your thoughts about the bathroom access and general room accessibility in future upgrades to the hotel. I do hope you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
Margaret River, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is not one of the better Hiltons that I've stayed in. Although it's staff were terrific, its design is very much old school Hilton. However, its Hanuman Restaurant is terrific and unsurprisingly a favourite local Asian resto haunt.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear WiltonLondon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate you comments about our friendly staff and I hope they made your stay enjoyable. The Hanuman's restaurant you mention is not actually a part of our hotel, and you can leave them feedback on their TripAdvisor page here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255063-d725492-Reviews-Hanuman_Alice_Springs-Alice_Springs_Red_Centre_Northern_Territory.html

Alice Springs, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Good hotel. I stayed for work and would recommend it. It was clean and quiet at night. The Thai restaurant was lovely. The room service breakfast and dinner was very nice. Check in and check out were quick.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Melissa C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our in-room dining. In regards to the Thai restaurant, named Hanuman's, they are actually separate from our hotel and you can leave them feedback here on their TripAdvisor page: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255063-d725492-Reviews-Hanuman_Alice_Springs-Alice_Springs_Red_Centre_Northern_Territory.html

San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Beds hard however rooms comfortable, pool area and fitness center dirty and needs attention as ducks and dropping everywhere. Asian restaurant was very slow and poor service, breakfast food and service outstanding. Needs free wifi.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear seekerSanFrancisco,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I appreciate your comments. I'm sorry to hear you found the beds too hard for your liking. I apologise you found the fitness centre to be untidy. I can assure you it is cleaned on a daily basis and I will refer this matter to our housekeeping team. I'm glad you enjoyed the the breakfast at our Springs Breakfast Restaurant.
In regards to your comments about the Asian restaurant, named Hanuman's, they are not a part of our hotel, but in fact separate and I would encourage you to leave feedback on their TripAdvisor page here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255063-d725492-Reviews-Hanuman_Alice_Springs-Alice_Springs_Red_Centre_Northern_Territory.html

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We are family of three and booked our room through expedia, when we arrived at the hotel we saw a big line of people waiting to check in. Our daughter went out in the driveway to take picture of a lovely peacock. The gentleman(Pashant)behind the counter greeted us with cookies, he asked us how many of us were there travelling, when I told him it was three of us he quickly changed the room from one bed to two bed. He even called the room later on to check if we were happy with the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Dre D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you got a chance to see our lovely resident peacock, he likes to put on a show for our guests. I hope you got some great photos. I'm sorry to hear there was a wait for you to get checked in, and apologise for any inconvenience. We have had quite a busy period with a lot of tours groups. Thank you also for your lovely comments and feedback about our Duty Manager Prashant, I'm glad to hear he was attentive to your needs during your stay. We certainly look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Clinton Farley,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We has a great stay at Alice Springs Double Tree, it was a fantastic stay with comfortable beds and luscious pillows. Good service and clean . The rooms had all that was required for us ie ironing board and safe. The staff during our stay were friendly and polite and good to talk to if you needed something. The pool was clean and great to sit around at this time of year ( except for the resident duck)... It was quiet and restful m which we needed. I certainly would stay there again. Very comfortable. I unfortunately left my I pad and the staff were fantastic at retrieving it and said they would send it to me . I am really grateful that they assisted me this way. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. It is close to the Botanical gardens and we walked into town everyday.

Room Tip: Depends if you want a hill view or garden view , in the courtyard facing the pool was pretty good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Grand2809,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to know you had a relaxing stay and felt comfortable and well looked after by our staff. The resident duck you speak of is actually a checky neighbour from the golf course who thought it would be nice to come in for a swim. He has since been relocated. Our staff will have your iPad sent out to you asap. We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We spent four nights here. A beautiful hotel. You are welcomed by friendly staff, a hot chocolate cookie each and a beautiful room. Everything was really nice. Easy to find, close to town. A fabulous Thai restaurant is on site. Thoroughly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies and baths. Ours had a nice view of the golf course. Room 301.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kandles,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be comfortable and our staff friendly. We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

General Manager.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs? Share your experiences!