“Hilton Standards in an unexpected place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   82 Barrett Drive, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Alice Springs
Melbourne, Australia
“Hilton Standards in an unexpected place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Doubletree, acquired by HIlton a short time ago, is undergoing major refurbishment in the near future. Already, some of the key Hilton values have been applied so the beds are spectacularly comfortable and service superb.

The rooms whilst perfectly adequate are a little tired in places. Bathrooms and timber-work require refurbishment and there is a need for more powerpoints throughout.

HIlton globally have still not realised that free, or very cheap, high quality internet is now standard fare and continue to overcharge for poor service. When this resort's near neighbours offer free, excellent internet thoughout common areas and guest rooms, you have to wonder what impact this has on Doubletree's sales. Certainly, we elected, after the first disastrous night, where internet access was throttled back to snail pace after only 20% of the purchased usage, not to repeat the purchase. So one sale at $27.50 compared to probable purcashe of say four days at$10 or $20 per day.

The excellent, in house bistro (The Deck) was definitely worth three visits during our stay.

There was also a very busy Hanuman on the premises, which I passed up.

Room Tip: Views over the East MacDonnell Ranges from rooms on the East end of the hotel are just spectacular a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Excellent, friendly service. Streamlined check in and check out. Comfortable rooms. Good amenities. Quality of food at both restaurants very good. Buffet breakfast excellent. Only down side is a little far to walk into town but this is not an issue if you have a car.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

simple rooms, good view towards the mountains. It is located on a good street but fair bit walk to the city. great bar staff and Zac the concierge, and the ladies of the reception specially Jan. Other staff are all redly available when needed when my money got stuck on the laundry. It was busy when we were there, and there were only 2 people serving. with lots of check in /outs and phone ringing at the same time, we waited quite a fair bit checking out. but other than that happy with the service and overall.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed overnight on Business, have stayed at Lasseters Hotel and Casino the last eight times I have been to Alice Springs this past four months. I wanted something different because of the dated rooms at Lasseters Hotel and Casino and thought that Hilton would offer something better. I also pre booked Hanuman Restaurant from Sydney prior to travel so I would be assured a table inside the restaurant.

Upon arrival I was greeted with very friendly staff, check in was smooth. Allocated room 292 I had two large suitcases, one smaller carry on bag and a laptop case staff did not ask if I needed assistance to move my bags to the room that was left up to my own devices. Staff told me to exit the rear doors turn right and walk across the pool area to the accommodation area. Struggled with all my bags got to the lift and up to the second floor only to discover that the room was on the other side of the accommodation block. After walking and struggling with bags for about ten minutes I found my room which was two minutes from the lift on the left side of the accommodation block.

The room 292 was no different to the rooms at Lasseters Hotel and Casino dated and in need of some renovations. I am getting the feeling that the Resorts in Alice Springs are stuck in a time warp except for the Quest Apartments which are outstanding. The room was for one night so its acceptable but if I paid to stay for a week I would be very disappointed.

Went to the bar for a few drinks prior to dinner, very friendly staff and nothing was a problem, however it felt weird that the customer side of the bar was so high compared to the staff side, not a bar you could sit at and chat with the staff.

Dinner at Hanuman arrived at 6pm for my booking table for one. Sorry Sir we don't have you name on the list. I booked from Sydney for 6pm two days prior to my arrival. I did get a table in the lobby, but wanted a table in the restaurant as booked, drink service poor I had to ask twice for my drink, meal was exceptional and quick.

Breakfast was excellent plenty to choose from, I recommend paying for the breakfast when you book a room.

Overall I would not go back to this hotel, I would however go to Hanuman again as the food was great. Depending on how long you will be staying in Alice Springs for I would look at the Quest Apartments for a long stay or Lasseters for a one or two night stay, breakfast at Lasseters is the same selection as the Hilton, ensure you make a booking to Hanuman at the Hilton but ensure that they understand your booking date and time and get the name of the person who is taking your booking and then call back and check again they have your booking. The rooms between the Hilton and Lasseters are no different it will basically come down to price, both are dated and in need of some renovations. However Lasseters is undergoing some major renovations at the moment, not sure if Lasseters are doing their rooms. Both Resorts are next to each other so you can walk between both.

Value for money short stay go to Lasseters, Long stay go to Quest Apartments.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Zeus30167,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you found our staff to be friendly and to hear you enjoyed the dining at our Springs Breakfast Restaurant. I appreciated your feedback regarding the bar at The Deck Eatery and Bar.

In regards to your comments relating to Hanuman's, they are not a part of our hotel and I would encourage you to leave feedback for the Hanuman's Restaurant on their TripAdvisor page which you can find here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255063-d725492-Reviews-Hanuman_Alice_Springs-Alice_Springs_Red_Centre_Northern_Territory.html

General Manager.
Alice Springs, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

They really went the extra mile for us, we would definitely stay again. Nothing was a problem, bags to the room, cookies, and they came to our table to let us know the room was ready and bags were in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sam A,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay! All the best to you in your travels and please come back and see us if you're ever back in the area.

Kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here on two different nights on our trip to Alice Springs. The rates were very reasonable when we booked from a booking site and got a room with two double beds for 135 AUD. You could add a full buffet breakfast for $ 10 pp which is a bargain.

First day the lady receptionist was great and made us feel very welcome. Those nice warm cookies you get at the check in were yummy and the kids loved them. The next check in a few days later was not that great since the male receptionist did not provide us with details of breakfast and he gave me only two cookies ( we had 4 in our party)

Rooms were clean and nice. The main problem in the room on our first night ( 348 in 3rd level) had a leaky tap in the bath which was loud enough to disturb the sleep if you are a light sleeper. No complaints on the room we got for the second night which was 166 at ground level.

There is a coin operated guest laundry which can be very useful when you get your clothes covered in fine red dust outside Alice Springs. Also there is a nice ' Hanuman " restaurant which serves Thai and Indian food at a reasonable price. ( It is always full and better book a table as soon as you check in)

There isa lovely outdoor pool but we did not have time to use it.

Overall it was a very nice experience and would definitely stay there again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CF-ASPDA, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear amu2,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during your trip to central Australia. Thank you for the comments about the bathroom, I have passed on this feedback to our Maintenance Manager for prompt follow up. I'm sorry to hear that there was a slight mis-communication during your second check-in and you did not receive enough cookies for your party of four. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the dining options available at our hotel.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

General Manager.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

No resupply of coffee in room for 3 days, asked for more coffee they turned up 45 mins later with Decaff! Cups not washed either. Check out time was 12pm - only 2 staff on the desk! I was 13th in line and fuming. No explanations or apologies. Bonus was a very nice restaurant in the lobby. Not up to Hilton standard really.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Ronster46,

Thank you for taking the time to share on TripAdvisor, it is disappointing to read that your stay with us fell below your expectations. Please be assured that we appreciate all feedback as this assists us in improving our overall service and accommodation offerings.
I will follow up with our Housekeeping team in regards to your comments about the unwashed cups and the time it took to replace the coffee. I apologise that you had to wait to check out due to a a group arrival before your departure. It is unfortunate that you had to wait for a brief period of time and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Clinton Farley

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs? Share your experiences!