We had booked a room deal via Wotif titled Heavenly Stairs- 3 nights minumum at $79 with room providing Queen size bed and a single bed with limited room service.
On viewing the room it was a sweat box, so small that two adults of average size would need to do preplan who moved when and where to avoid constantly bumping into each other so we requested an upgrade and given an executive suite- extra $50 per night
Yeah more room but alas the bathroom facilities with stained shower base and dirty shower curtain and ventilation that was blocked was not condusive.
We had breakfast in the restaurant and had to request further cups and water be put out on the servery. The breakfast deal was $19.99 for either a continental breakfast or cooked breakfast- all you want deal. My partner luvs his cooked brekkie but he discarded over 2/3 of what received- it was overcooked and unpalatable.
Room cleaning - yeah let's make that come in straighten up bed, spray and wipe bathroom, use same cloth as was used to wipe toilet seat and handbasin to clean crockey, replenish tea and coffee supplies, negate replenishing milk, sweetner, bikkies and that was room service.
The tiles ouside the rooms and the main walkways proved to be hazards as it was very slippery and we were wearing rubber soled shoes.
The final piece to this nightmare was the patronising and disrespectful manner of two of the reception staff. Marta and Peggy- they are not obviousy conversant of customer service and the term hospitality and all it implies.
We lasted 3 nights days, booked in for 6, ended up getting a superior room at the Diplomat for $6 cheaper per night and had our monies refunded for the remaining 3 nights from Wotif and the motel.
Aurora- very tired in appearance, staff require supervision and up grading- would never revisit or recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Aurora Alice Springs Hotel
- Aurora Alice Springs Hotel Alice Springs
- Aurora Hotel Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Aurora Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Award Winning Aurora Alice Springs" - Voted as THE BEST BASE TO TOUR THE REAL AUSTRALIA IN AUSTRALIA for both business and holiday travellers. Accommodation in the heart of the Todd Mall Alice Springs. This vibrant property is the only accommodation on the Todd Mall - the most centrally located accommodation in Alice Springs, Australia. The Todd Mall is the main shopping, dining and tourist precinct and offers a unique walking experience. Enjoy the Red Ochre Grill Cafe & Restaurant and savour the contemporary and native cuisine that it has to offer. The Red Ochre has one of the finest collections of Central Australian panoramic photography by Ken Duncan for you to admire. Aurora Alice Springs' location places you in a perfect position to explore both the town and surrounding Outback areas such as the spectacular MacDonnell Ranges, Standley Chasm and Simpson's Gap. You will always be welcome at our Alice Springs hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Aurora Alice Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.