“Spacious room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis

You added Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Gap Road, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870, Australia (Formerly All Seasons)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Alice Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at the Ibis Styles Alice Springs (31 March, 2014) and was most impressed with the service. It should be noted that I had decided to change from the establishment next door, where I stayed two nights (see my review of the White Gum Motel). Usually, I do not name individuals. However, on this occasion I must mention Heather (reception) and Dougal (GM) for their exceptional friendliness and refreshing customer-focus. Check-in was swift, including heaps of valuable tourist information. Most surprisingly, I was even given the opportunity to choose any room…:-)). As I travelled by motorcycle, I opted for a unit at ground level and close to reception. My room (#108) was spacious and had all the usual furnishings and essential appliances (I do apologise for the poor quality of the attached images). For this I paid AUD $99.00 which included a continental breakfast. I did not eat in the bistro and went instead to the town centre - a leisurely 20 minutes’ walk away. I loved the large octagonal-pool. However, the pool and most other structural features of the ‘Oasis’ do have a maintenance issue and would greatly benefit, in my opinion, from a considerable make-over and/or renovation program. This complex is well laid out and has such great potential!
In summary: the Ibis Styles Alice Springs is a great resting place for any traveller. It is definitely motorcycle-friendly, and I found the staff exceptionally helpful and customer orientated. Some other IBIS/Mercure hotels I’ve visited in Australia could definitely learn a thing or two from their Alice Springs colleagues.

Room Tip: Away from the main street (Gap Road)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Thilo,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review the team and I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel.

I appreciate your comments regarding refurbishment opportunities and we looking forward to making some further upgrades as soon as possible. We have just refurbished the lobby and are planning some restaurant work at the moment.

Thanks very much for mentioning Heather, and we hope to provide good service to you again in the future.

Caloundra
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

2 star hotel at best. I spent a week here in a so called "superior" room booked under advice from the local Central Australian Tourism Office 12 months previously.

The grounds were shabby and unkempt. Leaves, branches and general untidiness.

The rooms had very poor lighting, no bathroom fan and no insect screens. The balcony (shared) meant that there was no privacy and people's cigarette smoke drifted in. Add to that the room wasn't serviced properly. It was upstairs and the steps leading to it were cracked and felt dodgy.

I checked out a standard room and could see no difference!

To add insult I found out later that the Alice Hilton was available and $10 cheaper.

I must say the food was ok though.

• Stayed May 2014
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay.

In the future, may I recommend that you take a moment to contact the manager of any hotel you are staying in should there be something that is unsatisfactory. We really do want to make sure that you enjoy your visit, but find it difficult to assist you if we learn of the issue via an anonymous internet review some weeks later.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the food at the hotel.

Coffs Harbour
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Although the building is dated and is in need of maintenance (our vanity was leaking), our experience at this motel was value for money. The staff (especially Heather and, I think, Dougal) were always friendly and helpful on information matters and housekeeping. The continental breakfast @ $10 per person (and full breakfast @ $12pp) was worthwhile. The casual meals offered at the bistro were great for evenings. Within easy walking distance of the CBD was another plus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Rose-marie,

Thanks for taking the time to review the team and I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your visit.

It's great to read that you found the team to be friendly and helpful, and also the meals to be great.

We do hope that you'll make it back to Alice Springs for a return visit.

Semaphore, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room (although small and pretty ugly bathroom) Comfy bed, more than adequate hot water for a shower, and nice bar and restaurant. Noise seems to carry a bit but nothing that bothered me, but may not suit somebody who needs extreme quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dougal M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Sherelee,

Thank for your review and I'm pleased that you enjoyed your visit and found us to be good value.

We hope to see you again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have stayed at this place a few times now so I must like it a bit.
It certainly has 3 things going for it.
1/ Price - I have never paid more than $ 80 for a room per night.
2/ Location. It's within walking distance of the centre of town and the casino. Though if you stay out late I would advise getting a Cab back.
3/ The Staff. Very professional , courteous and friendly. Always willing to help and go the extra mile to help out. 4 and 5 star places don't offer better service. Special mentions go to Heather and Dougal.
It's just that every time I've stayed here, something has been broken, missing or not working. This time the shelf in the bar fridge was broken and there was no plug in the bathroom basin. Now these are not deal breakers in my book, I was only staying for 1 night and I am sure the wonderful staff would have sorted it out had I asked. And I know it's a 3 star hotel. But I would like to stay there and not have any issues at all - major or minor.
Would I reccomend it ? Yes I would - especially if tou're on a budget. It's a good place to stay. With a bit of fine tuning it would be great.

Room Tip: I p refer the rooms at the front with the small courtyards. They are next to a main road which can b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rob,

Thanks very much for your review of the team.

I'm very pleased that you like the hotel and keep returning. Please accept my apologies for the inconsistencies that you mentioned -- we will certainly keep working to build our performance.

I appreciate you mentioning the great staff -- the team gets a real buzz from reading these comments.

dougal.mcconnell@accor.com

Been to Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis? Share your experiences!