“The Alice” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis

You added Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Gap Road, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870, Australia (Formerly All Seasons)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Alice Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed for 2 weeks and had a great stay.

The staff were very friendly -- all of them -- and they went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

I had a superior room which seemed a little larger than the standard rooms, and had an iPod docking station which was handy. The room was cleaned well and there were no issues. I appreciated the door to a little courtyard and enjoyed the fresh air.

I had a few meals in the bar and the restaurant -- all good and better than I was expecting for Alice Springs. The good NZ Sauvignon Blanc was a hit.

Breakfast was a free continental buffet and there was an option to up spec to a hot breakfast for about $10 -- I stayed with the continental - Audrey makes great coffee.

There was no gym but there was arrangement for hotel guests to use one up the road for free.

I would recommend this place -- great staff and rooms and food were good. This was a business trip so I wasn't paying myself, but it didn't seem expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
All_Seasons_GM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I appreciate your kind remarks about the hotel staff -- this really gives the team a boost when see the feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel before too long.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed one night which was enough to see the sights of Alice. Reception was ok...reasonably helpful. Room wasn't easy to find but it was ok...comfortable enough. Bathroom could have been updated. Had terrific downpour and rained into bar area. Ate in restaurant which was ok. Overall adequate without being great but then there's limited choice in the town. Within walking distance of most of the attractions.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review.

I appreciate your comments and am pleased to advise that we have plans to conduct works in our bathrooms this year.

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Have just returned (Feb 2013) from staying a total of 5 nights at the Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis.

On arriving at the hotel - we noticed that numerous locals, were sat around the grounds and large groups of children were playing in the pools. (Only noticed this on one day, however)

Receptionist - cheerful, welcoming and informative, on arrival. Free hot beverages in the reception area.

Room (1) A twin room - Double and single bed. The room was a little dark and facing onto the main road. The lock on the sliding door to our balcony, gave cause for concern, as it was very flimsily constructed and left a half inch gap, even when closed. Room (2) Overlooking one of the pools. Brighter but with a balcony that also ran past other residents rooms. Both rooms had adequate fridges and decent TV programme selection but no in-room safe and each appeared to have weary air-con systems, lacking decent performance. We had closed our curtains on two occasions but returned to find our curtains fully open and the room feeling like a sauna - which then took an age to cool down, due to the under-performing air-con.

The single bed/ s (stayed in two separate rooms) were very 'jelly-like' to sleep on and not firm.

Rooms, seemingly not cleaned/changed on a regular basis but new towels regularly provided.

The swimming pools, both showed lack of maintenance and contained leaves and street debris.

However - despite these 'failings', we still had an enjoyable time. The staff in all areas, esp, the breakfast lounge and bar area, were very pleasant and cheerful on approach and the meals we bought were all excellent and reasonably priced. One downside, was that the bar area, on a Wed evening, was 'taken over' by a group of pool teams. We enjoy the occasional game of pool - so this was a bit of a let down.

The hotel, itself, is very handily located, with the town centre being a 10-15 minute stroll away.

If push came to shove - I would stay here again but I would hope that comments made are noted and acted upon. After a day trudging around in the outback - it would have been nice to return to a debris- free pool, to cool down. Sadly, that experience wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been.

This hotel, has bags of potential - and just needs certain things being tweaked, here and there.

Room Tip: We found the upstairs room, overlooking the pool, to have the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks very much for taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

I appreciate your comments regarding the areas where we need to keep improving - we are listening and continually working to build our consistency in room preparation.

I'm delighted that you found our team to be pleasant and cheerful, and the food is also getting good reviews from guests.

Regarding the other guests at the hotel, it seems that your visit coincided with a major football event in town (Richmond Football Club vs the AFL Indigenous Allstars) and this event brought in many guests from the surrounding areas - as you mention, it was just for a day. With the pool tables, as part of our Community Engagement Program, we sponsor two pool teams and this was the night that they were playing each other -- not usually the case.

Thanks again for your review, and we do hope to see you back again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Currently I am staying in this hotel since 6th Feb 2013 and plan to leave the place tomorrow

1) Poor room service - one day my room wasn't even cleaned; used towels/cups not changed, room not vacuumed. I had to ask front reception to clean the Room and the cleaner just brought new towel and left. Also within 10days, I don't think room toilet floor and toilet mirror has been cleaned at all. Stains very clearly visible and smells

Pillow cases/ Bed sheet - don't expect to be changed unless you ask. I had to write a note ask cleaners to change them

2) Continental breakfast - simple but enough as a compliment meal.

3) Location - yes it is close to everything but majority of hotels/motels but all hotels/motels in Alice Springs are close to main part of town (I mean Youth Hostel is right at the centre of Alice Springs)

Overall 2 out 5 stars
Only reason I stayed here (or I should say "staying") was because it was organised/paid by my company.

I recommend if you are paying $100/day, you might as well pay extra get proper service e.g. Crowne Plaza

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
All_Seasons_GM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Dr Cho,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies for our shortfall in servicing your room during your recent stay. The information you have provided will certainly assist us in the development of our housekeeping team's consistency, which is very important to us.

I am concerned that these issues frustrated you to this point, and hope that in the future you may take the opportunity to speak with me at hotel where I will be able to take immediate action to rectify the situation. I would much rather resolve the concern promptly than have it continue for the rest of your stay.

Thank you, again, for the review, and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

1. Photos make the hotel look heaps nicer than it actually is, the place needs major work to be deemed 'modern looking' as it really is a 'budget looking' hotel.
2.Overall appearance of room was dark and dirty.
3. Carpet was ripped up in one section of the room.
4. Mould/dirt in the bathroom.
5. Marks on pillows/towels.
6. No toilet-brush.
7. Poor shower.
8. In general there seemed to be non-guest 'hanging about' the prorperty so we were worried about security given our room was located far away from the entrance.
9. Restaurant was closed, only bar food was available.
10. Bar was closed at 9pm (after a long day of travelling from Ayers Rock this was especially disappointing). It was a saturday night.
11. People checking us in were very rude, in fact all staff seemed to be 'trainees'.
DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
All_Seasons_GM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am very concerned that your stay was below expectation and would like to speak with you directly to discuss the situation. I offer my unreserved apology for any area which we may have underdelivered.

Given the strong feelings that you have displayed, I hope that you will take the opportunity to contact me so I can address the situation in person and develop a resoution.

My direct details are 08 8958 3311 and dougal.mcconnell@accor.com.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Rooms are adequate, the beds are on wheels so expect to roll through the room a bit. Two swimming pools on site. Guest laundry facilities proved very handy after a 5 day camping trip through the Red Centre. Front office duty manager is very friendly, great guest interaction and service.
Location is close to town square, can cab it too without any hassles.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
All_Seasons_GM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks very much for your review and it's great to read that you enjoyed your visit.

We hope that we may see you again.

Dougal McConnell

Been to Ibis Styles Alice Springs Oasis? Share your experiences!