“Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elkira Court Motel

You added Elkira Court Motel to your Saves list
Elkira Court Motel
65 Bath Street, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870, Australia (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Alice Springs
Frankfort, Michigan
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed there in April for 3 nights. Hotel is located in the centre of Alice Springs which was very handy for us. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. She organized us Town Tour and late check out. Room was very clean and comfortable. Some of attractions are walking distance. There are many restaurants and take away shops around.

Room Tip: Spa room is large and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Molfsee, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western in Alice because so far I only had positive experiences with Best Western Hotels. This hotel is different!
When we arrived the guy at reception was fairly unfriendly and it seems as if he can't handle the workload. He had to deal with someone on the phone who had a complaint because all he said was "Please give me your number and my manager will call you" and he got more and more impatient. After that we took our details and another lady he called showed us the rooms and was very friendly. We decided which room we take and enjoyed our stay....till the next morning.
When we came into the breakfast room I tried the orange juice which was clearly off. Well that can happen so I took the glass and went to reception. Unfortunately it was the same unfriendly guy who clearly didnt care about my concern that the juice was off. His answer was: "We open the juices fresh every morning" I asked him to try this juice as my mother and I were sure that it was off. He said he will let the kitchen know and someone came out with another jug of juice which was fine. So far- not worth a drama. But then I went to the toast stand and saw that 2 out of the 4 bread packages were out of date. Now I got a bit nervous and started to wonder what else I have been eating already that could have been old and off. I told again the guy at reception that I will not eat the bread and I started to get upset. He said that now he will call the manager as he can not deal with these kind of situations. I was waiting 5minutes till I told the guy that I will wait at my table. No one came to the table so I went back to reception where the guy told me that his manager said that the bread was frozen and it IS fresh. I said that this answer is not good enough anymore. His manager walked in the door and looked at me with a big smile. I really had to force myself to stay calm as I felt straight away that we would not take anything seriously. I explained the situation calmly to him and let him know that I am not happy at all to pay the whole price. He just smiled and said "I check everything on the breakfast every morning and know everything was fine today. We had 35people eating of the buffet already and there were no complaints about the juice or the bread. If you wish to leave without paying you are more than welcome to do so but then I will inform the police that you did not pay your bill. We have a copy of you ID and from then on we will leave it in the hands of the police!" I could not belive my ears as this was the very first time that I heard something like that. I asked him if that was the usual way he deals with guest complaints and he said that he only does it when he knows he is 100% right!"
We ended up paying the bill but I will definately not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed March 3 (1 night)

Hotel – unimpressive low story buildings around a central courtyard / car park, located near the middle of Alice.

Hotel website http://elkira.bestwestern.com.au/

Access – easy to find, central Alice is only a 15 - 20 minute drive from the airport.

We had a basic room with a comfortable double bed. The room was clean. As the room fronted the road we found it to be quite noisy during the evening, both from traffic and passing pedestrians (some of whom were drunk and swearing).

Facilities (in room) – aircon, fridge, tea & coffee, hairdryer, shower only.

Facilities (in hotel) – the hotel offers a pool and a BBQ area, both of which looked clean but neither of which we saw used.

Food – the Elkira has a restaurant, but we opted not to use it. I would however heartily recommend Overlanders Steakhouse just around the corner on Hartley Street!

Service – a mixture, from an extremely pleasant lady when we checked in, to a quite surly chap who we later asked a question of, without great success.

Things to do:

Alice won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, as it appears to be a typical outback town, with many of the “issues” that go with that status. If you are here we would recommend;

• A couple of hours at the School of the Air (if you go on a weekday you may be lucky enough to see a lesson in progress).
• An hour at the Royal Flying Doctor Service Visitor Centre (which when we visited was partly closed for renovation).
• A quick drive up to Anzac Hill for a view over The Alice

What Alice does offer is that it's the gateway to the West MacDonnells - Simpson's Gap is only a 30 minute drive away and the Larapinta and Namatjira Drives offer access to the real outback and some proper offroad driving, plus the scenic route to King's Canyon and Ayer's Rock...

Room Tip: Just remember this is Alice!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Hotel room was ok. My complaint is that we were charged $6 for a local phone call from our room that lasted 3 minutes 47 second! Unbelievable but true, that's $2 a minute for a local call to book a city tour.

Previously, we had asked the desk clerk to help us book the tour, but he said if he did, then the hotel would keep the 15% discount we were to have. So we made the call from our room.

I strongly suggest that male desk clerk gets customer service training - booking a tour is spending money in the local economy and that's usually a service that hotels provide.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Clanfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed here for just a couple of nights before and after a trip to Uluru.. The room was basic but clean. Definately in need of a refurbishment. The location was good and you could walk to supermarket and the centre.

The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The staff here were fine and helpful, but the charging policy meant a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children, cost $200 per night, which was very expensive considering the smallish room size and other amenities provided. Coffee maker, no toaster, no microwave, no way to save a few $$ by making a meal in the room, apart from soup and a sandwich. Unfortunately, our neighbors were loud boorish beerguzzlers, and the racket went on til past midnight. The staff had to deal with them twice before they let up and we could get some rest after the _long_ drive from Roxbury Downs and Pimba. The staff very kindly gave us free wifi access and complimentary continental breakfasts for 4 as some compensation for the sleepless night. We later found a far better proposition at $130, at the Alice Motor Inn, which had a great family unit with cooking facilities.

Room Tip: Would suggest a room on the 1st floor to reduce noise coming from the carpark area
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Queanbeyan, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Stayed at the Elkira for one night and am baffled at how this is rated no 1, the motel itself is quite old whilst it seems some rooms have been renovated def not luxurious in any sense. We had the breakfast the next morning and were quite baffled at what we heard when one couple complained of the coffee being cold, the manager told them that in his 5 years he had never had a complaint about his coffee and he could "heat it in the microwave" for them if that would please them, they stormed out of the restaurant and we were amazed that he did not say he would boil the kettle and make a fresh brew it was quite comical really.

If you are after a bit of luxury and if traveling on own and don't need to be in the centre of town I would def recommend the casino as a choice of stay, it's modern, has a great restaurant and a casino to keep you entertained.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Elkira Court Motel? Share your experiences!