“Poorly trained manager” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chifley Alice Springs Resort

You added Chifley Alice Springs Resort to your Saves list
Chifley Alice Springs Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   34 Stott Terrace, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Alice Springs
africa
“Poorly trained manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

and personnel. Nobody new how to correctly operate the air conditioning unit. We were told that if we left it on while we were out of the room that the room would cool down from a very warm 32C. When we returned the air conditioning was off. When I called the desk I was given poor information. I got angry because we were tired and hot so I hung up before I said something I would regret. When the desk called back all she could talk about was that I had hung up and offered no help. So we went down to the desk and the first words out of her mouth were, "You hung up on me." From then on it was a no win effort on my part to get the room cooled down. Finally """Ms. Pitt"" went up to the room and turned on the air. She then returned and totally ignored us. When I walked up to the desk she looked at me as if she had never seen me before. Finally we walked up to the room and she showed me that the air was on, on the way to the room she suggested that someone had been in the room and turned the air off. I told """Ms. Pitt"" that nobody had been in the room and her response was, "You don't know that". I finally figured out that the air had a timer and when I set it to 12 hours we had cooling for the rest of our stay. Another issue was that the ice bucket liner was broken and the lid had mold --- see my attached photo.

Room Tip: Just plain avoid this place.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ChifleyASP, Manager at Chifley Alice Springs Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear fumealot,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of Chifley Alice Springs and informing us of your concerns. I apologise that you experienced issues with the air-conditioning in your room and also with the ice bucket. Amenities in the rooms should be working at all times and I will ensure a full review happens as a result of your feedback.

I would like the opportunity to discuss with you the customer service issue you have raised to try and address what took place. Please contact myself on +61 8 8951 4545 or am.alicesprings@chifleyhotels.com at your convenience so these discussions can happen.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Scott Healey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Northam, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed at Chifley's both on our way down to SA and back to WA. We had a great room each time, very comfortable and quiet. Luxury at a reasonable price. The staff were great help and a good source of information.

The restaurant was a great place to have a nice meal and a gorgeous buffet breakfast.
Would recommend it to anyone (have been already!)

We'll come back again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ChifleyASP, Manager at Chifley Alice Springs Resort, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Tragaloher,

Thank you for your review of the two times you stayed at Chifley Alice Springs.

Your feedback has been passed around the team and they were all very pleased to read it.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and thank you once again for your review.

Peterborough
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Our rom was large and appeared clean however one of the beds had no mattress cover and the duvet inside the sheets was badly stained, on ringing reception to ask for a mattress cover , I was told by the receptionist she was only member of staff around and was unable to help. In agreement with other reviewers the shower gel is so small it's not even enough to wash your hands. We would not return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ChifleyASP, Manager at Chifley Alice Springs Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear TommyCPeterborough,

Thank you for your review of Chifley Alice Springs.

I was disappointed to read that the duvet in your room was stained and have raised this with the Housekeeping Team. I apologise that the receptionist was not very helpful with solving your concerns as this is something that should be their highest priority.

Following your feedback we have reviewed the shower gel size and increased the quantity we place in the room.

Thank you once again for your review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Spent two separate nights and really enjoyed the dinners. The food was excellent especially the Whole Barramundi fish and rib eye steak. Perfect service and advice from both the French waiters. The Squealing Pig SB white was superb.
The rooms we had overlooked the Todd River and were very roomy. Only criticism is small size of shower gel not being adequate enough for two people two showers!

Our power tripped out on second night, but reception came out within minutes to rectify.

Breakfast at Aus$19 for full English (Australian) excellent value.

Free WiFi in the main building very fast but a bit slow in Gum River rooms!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Yorkshire1245,

Thank you for your review of your stay with Chifley Alice Springs.

Sounds like you had a great time and the restaurant team were pleased to read your positive comments about the food and service.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Chiefley Alice Springs Resort in December - with 3 rooms between the party. 2/3 rooms were fine, however the 3rd had numerous issues - including faulty air conditioning, and overlooking a car park - which resulted in a room move after a night.

For its part, the hotel room is amiable - the shower does what it says on the tin although its clearly very old and held together by super glue. The bed was fine, i slept great all 3 nights, and the air con worked a charm for us - so i think its luck of the draw as always.

For the hotels part, I only had one complaint - the alarm in the next room went off at 5:30am and continued for 20 minutes until i called reception to ask if anyone was in the room; which after transpiring their was not, a maintenance man was sent and within 5 minutes of my call the alarm was off - so very prompt in my opinion.

Overall - its a good base to see more around Alice Springs / NT.

Room Tip: Dont worry too much about a room with a 'river view'; hint - there isnt a river :) Well, the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ChifleyASP, Manager at Chifley Alice Springs Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear vcolonel,

Thank you very much for your review of Chifley Alice Springs.

I am pleased you had a good stay with us and found the resort a good base to enjoy many of the amazing tours available around the town.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Australia.

Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We didn't expect Chifley to be such a pleasant place despite the fact that it's quite large and caters for lots of tourists. The food was surprisingly tasty (an Indian chef), breakfast was a bit meagre. The staff was friendly and tried to be accommodating.

Room Tip: one toward the back
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ChifleyASP, Manager at Chifley Alice Springs Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Hi Suesli,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you had a good stay with us and I have passed on your feedback about the food to our kitchen team.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Australia and thanks again for the review.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This resort is average and when I checked in I had a lady who was kinda helpful, but didn't really help. I got to my room finally and I was thinking this is ok. Then it went bad... I went for a shower to which had only a couple squirts coming out of it and stung a lot so I decided to let them know about the maintenance issue to which they replied to me and told me that no one had complained before.. So I wasn't happy bout that.. I then ordered room service as I was buggered from a long day of driving and it came up after an hour and was cold so I decided that I wouldn't complain as I don't want to be annoying about it.. I was eating my barra which was really nice and got halfway thru and started my salad I was really disappointed to find mold on my tomatoes and that was touching my barra.. I then complained and they refunded it back but still charged me a room service fee. I went to lay into bed which I though was clean to find it have a hair tie which had blond long hair wrapped around it and the sheets had crumbs in it... Ah I then said something and asked for new sheets which I didn't get and they said it was my hair ( btw I'm a brunette ) I left feed back to hotel and contacted via email the manager to which I got nothing back from... I don't stay there even if my work won't send people there now...

• Stayed August 2013
ChifleyASP, Manager at Chifley Alice Springs Resort, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear bodsysmissus,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of Chifley Alice Springs from August.

I apologise that no one responded to your email would like the opportunity to discuss your review further. Please contact myself on +61 8 8951 4545 or am.alicesprings@chifleyhotels.com at your convenience so these discussions can take place.

Once again though, thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Scott Healey

Been to Chifley Alice Springs Resort? Share your experiences!