“A peaceful nights sleep” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chifley Alice Springs Resort

You added Chifley Alice Springs Resort to your Saves list
Chifley Alice Springs Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   34 Stott Terrace, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Alice Springs
Kununurra
“A peaceful nights sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I booked my room on the internet at a great price so I was expecting a basic room. The room was smallish and the bathroom compact, however very clean with everything I needed. The room even had a courtyard so I could sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. The best part was I was well away from the road, so combine this with the very comfortable bed and great airconditioning and I had an exception nights sleep. I even got free internet in my room.
The hotel is surrounded by beautiful grounds with lots of lush grass and gum trees while still being very close to town.
This hotel was a great choice.

Room Tip: For a basic room ask for Terrace Court, but if you would like something bigger book a Deluxe Room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Although it is a short walk away from the town centre, it is far enough away from the noisy backpacker area for a good night's sleep.

Friendly and helpful staff helped us make a few tour bookings. (Although the waiters were overly busy in the restaurant). Clean amenities, serviced every day. Free 200mb internet. Unfortunately we didn't have time to use the swimming pool and pool bar!

Would visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for business, having previously stayed a few times at Crowne Plaza. The room was pretty small, but neat and tidy. Bed was comfortable. It was nice being close to the city centre, I had a car but its only a 10min safe walk to CBD. The swimming pool and restaurant is nice, so pleasant to sit outside or inside and have a drink or meal and watch the sun setting.
Dinner menu is reasonably priced, good quality food and some nice dishes of local food. Breakfast buffet was average, but healthy or cooked options available.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights on the way to Ayres Rock. There was a central grassy area with surrounding buildings.

We had a standard 2 bed room, about 325 SF. The interior halls were unattractive, but the rooms had a nice appearance. The furniture was good, and the beds were comfortable. There were 3 small drawers. The bathroom was small, but the shower was well designed.

The pool was medium sized, but we didn't go in because the water was surprisingly cold.

Breakfast was good, with a chef making various types of eggs to order.

The place was well within walking distance to town. There was a lot of activity with tour groups and townspeople.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel is nice enough and I enjoyed things about it (location, having laundry, pretty close to town), but there were problems and the staff was inconsistent and at times not helpful. I paid a good deal of money to stay here.

The issue i had was the Internet wi-fi in the rooms did not work. I am travelling so needed the internet a lot, and could not go to lobby each time I needed to use. I stayed there on a Tuesday, reported issues, and came back on Friday and issues still existed.
Internet wifi flat out did not work in room at all. That made my trip harder as I had little time back at hotel and could not easily make it to lobby.

I booked this hotel specifically because it had wifi in the rooms, not just in lobby. I do not want to have to say get out of bed to go check something on the Internet, or get dressed to go to lobby each time I needed to use Internet.

I reported this to management and thought I should at least get a free breakfast for the inconvenience (really did mess me up), but they were rude and unhelpful. I was not yelling, I was calm and just said that seemed fair as compensation. I paid for a room with wifi for free in it and did not get it two times.

The day manager offered nothing and was just flat out rude, when there was no call for it. That's not service and I did not appreciate it. All she offered was to use the free computer that it's in the lobby. Pointing her hands and saying a very rude and condescending tone "That's what I can offer you sir." I decided to give up from there, because I could see the idea of service was not high in this persons mind. Rarely have I encountered this in staying in hundreds of hotels.

Also, they rarely answered the phone at desk. One time I had to call 4 times and let it ring for like 30 rings for them to answer at 9 pm. That is a bit much for a place that calls itself 4 star. Answering your phone is a basic thing that any hotel, 4 star or not should do. Everyone was also a trainee pretty much. The trainees were nicer than the day manager though.

The air condition also did not work in my first room and it was 98 degrees outside. They did eventually move me, but not before 1 person said "we can't move you." I called again, and another person was like "no problem, we will move you!" Oh and I had to call like 3 times for them to answer this time as well. That was about 12 noon. The person who came to my room was nice and helpful this time to show me where other room was.

Would not recommend because some of the staff are not generally helpful, and at times rude. Also because the wifi flat out does not work in rooms when they say it does, and they don't answer the phone.

Good luck if you stay here.

Room Tip: I would stay away from the rooms on first level with sliding glass doors. Can't remember the nam...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Darwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here recently on a work trip. Having never been to Alice Springs, I was a bit apprehensive about what I would find (and also based on the hotel quality in Darwin - where I live). The room was lovely, really big and clean, comfy bed and nice shower and there is free wifi up to 300mb, which lasted me the whole trip no worries.
The corridors outside were a bit tired and could do with a revamp, but that is a minor detail. Breakfast was good, although could've done with a few healthier options other than cereal. The conference facilities were great, everything was ready when we needed it.
Dinner in the restaurant was a touch pricey, but very nice, however service can be a bit slow, so order early if you are hungry!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Large room with two double beds. Clean bathroom but just shower. Restaurant's expensive but downtown with all kinds of cafes and restaurants is close. Good breakfast. Ask for a room with a balcony so you can relax with a drink and enjoy the views. Safes in rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony to get the most for your money.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Chifley Alice Springs Resort? Share your experiences!