“Best and Cheapest 3 day Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon Tour.” 5 of 5 stars

$82*
and up
Ranked #2 of 29 Activities in Alice Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Alice Springs, Emu Run Tours specialise in Uluru (Ayers Rock) & Central Australia tours. Our professional tour guides love the outback and have a great sense of humour to give you a relaxed, yet exciting touring experience of the amazing Red Centre of Australia. Our tours are the best around and include all park entry fees, healthy food and drink, and a sunset barbeque with champagne for all trips to Uluru! The experience of a lifetime awaits you!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Best and Cheapest 3 day Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon Tour.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been on many tours, but WOW. Not only the cheapest 3 day tour to Uluru, but it was great value for money. It was the cheapest tour from Alice, Chearper than the Rock Tour who was $5 more expensive.But what was ridiculous is the Rock Tour wanted to charge us $15 more for the sleeping bag and it was free with Emu Run, I expected it to be average, but it was by far the best tour I have done. The guide, food and camping facilitates were all top class. Packed 3 days, early starts, long drives and a good hike every day, but a must. Well worth it. If you going to go and want to see and do it all ask to go with Rambo.

Visited January 2013
emu255063, Front Office Manager at Emu Run Day Tours, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
WOW! What a great review! Thanks so much. We are really pleased you had such a great time.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“2 Day Kings Canyon, Uluru and Olgas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I went on the 2 Day tour starting 16 June 2013. I can't fault a thing on the first day to Uluru and the Olgas! The tour guides were so entertaining, funny and very knowledgeable which made the day fly by. We were flooded with so much information there's no way I could remember it all, I was very impressed. I left the bus very upbeat with the energy the tour guides brought to the tour. The food supplied while on tour was great, I wasn't left hungry and it was decent food. The second day I cant give a thorough review as I didn't do the Kings Canyon walk as I am afraid of heights but the short walk around the base of the canyon is very beautiful, I definitely recommend visiting Kings Canyon. Compared to the first day, I found the tour a bit disappointing in the sense that there was not really any entertainment on the bus as the mic was broken so the drive to the canyon was boring and we mainly just talked amongst ourselves, after hours of travelling the conversation died off at times so we napped on the bus. The bus to Kings Canyon is a small bus (probably half the size), its not a coach. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was staying at Erldunda, the accommodation was very ordinary, the rooms are old and very worn out, however the heater worked and the beds were comfortable but the tv reception was dreadful, and in that location there is no mobile phone reception. The breakfast was only cereal or toast which was considered a continental breakfast and we had to buy our own instant coffee ($3.50) which I thought was a bit cheeky, there is a coffee machine if you want a decent coffee. Erldunda was quirky in its own way but its not somewhere I'd want to go again (once is enough), I found everything very overpriced and I hate feeling ripped off but its only overnight so you have to put it in context. If I did it again, I probably would do the Kings Canyon tour as a separate tour and not stay overnight at Erldunda. If I did the 3.5 hour walk at Kings Canyon I'm sure the 2nd day would have made a bigger impression, but the second day didn't really impress me that much. All meals were included, along with entry fees so there were no additional costs unless you wanted to buy nibblies and souvenirs at rest areas.

Ballarat, Australia
“Great scenery, knowledge of guides was fabulous.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I recommend this tour company to people who visit Alice Springs and wish to visit Uluru and surrounding areas. There was plenty of time to enjoy sights...you could just sit and take in the sights or get close and walk tracks to view attractions closer if you want. Guides spoke respectfully about local culture and beliefs, and were happy to answer questions. Food was plentiful, coach was comfortable, and we were made to feel very welcome. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour.

Springfield, Missouri
14 attraction reviews
“Long day, but so glad we did this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were picked up at our hotel about 6 am, right on time. Given snacks when we boarded the nice coach bus, and off we went for our ALL day tour. Jason, Coleman, and his wife ( sorry forgot her name ) were wonderful tour guides on the 5 hour bus ride from Alice Springs. We only had one day to see Uluru, so this was our best option. We were filled with plenty of information from Jason and Coleman along the way, and was exposed to a beautiful sunrise over the Mcdonald ranges as we rode along watching for wildlife. We were fortunate enough to see some wild brumby's ( wild horses ), cattle, and my daughter was able to see a kangaroo! The guides kept us on pace, even with potty stops. When we arrived we were given a wonderful tour of Uluru, and Jason, who had actually lived with the Aborigines for 2 years, gave us amazing insight into their culture and way of life. He tells you some wonderful dreamtime stories, that will last a life time. I can't say enough about how these guys really care about the culture and people of Uluru. They really knew their stuff, and I was impressed with the time they take to explain it all and give us outsiders a brief glimpse into the Aboriginal way of life.
After our time at "the rock", you are then taken to a sunset viewing area, where other tours also attend. But we had our own area reserved, so no worries. We were then treated to champagne and a BBQ, nice!. The sunset was of course beautiful, and we got some amazing photo's.
Then we began the long journey back home. The staff provided us with snacks several times throughout the trip, and water was always available ( but you did have to buy or bring your own bottle at the first stop ). This tour is top notch, well planned out, and the very best way to see Uluru if you are short on time and only have a day. We got back to the hotel at about midnight...long day for sure, but memories that will last a lifetime!
Thanks Jason and coleman for a amazing day with my family.

Lake Ariel
6 attraction reviews
“3 day Uluru/Olgas/Kings Canyon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was the highlight of our trip to Australia! We did the 3 day camping trip. I highly recommend this trip. One day would never be enough, two days would be a lot crammed in. Three days was perfect. As impressive as Uluru is, the Olgas and Kings Canyon are even better (especially for hiking). There were options for easier hikes as well, so if you have someone in your group that doesn't want to (or can't) do the longer hikes, it is no problem. Camping in late May was a bit cool at night, but it was perfect hiking weather. The sand flies were still around, but not too bad. If you are hiking in the warmer months, spend a few dollars and get a fly net. If you go in the cooler months don't forget a "beanie" as your head gets a bit cold in the swags. Lots of food (provided), and a very knowledgable tour guide/chef/driver. It is a hands on type tour, everyone pitches in to help cook and clean, and roll up your own swag each morning, but that is all part of the fun. We had at least five countries represented in our group. There were good shower/toilet facilities at each campground, and plenty of toilet facilities throughout the trip.
It is one of those trips that you wished lasted longer.

Visited May 2013
emu255063, Front Office Manager at Emu Run Day Tours, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. So glad our tour was a highlight. I am sure your observations will help other prospective travellers as well.