“Really well looked after” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Good Rest B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alice Springs
A Good Rest B&B
You added A Good Rest B&B to your Saves list
51 Dixon Road, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870, Australia   |
Brisbane
“Really well looked after”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights before and after a trip to Uluru. Margaret and Alf looked after me tremendously well and I thoroughly enjoyed being smothered with care. They wouldn't let me take a taxi, drove me into the town, provided me with lunch and gave me wine, breakfast was whatever I wanted and I couldn't think of anything else they could have done. Margaret even wanted to do my washing.

The accommodation was great, beautifully prepared, faultlessly cleaned and an extremely hiigh standard. I enjoyed the pool and spa.

A really friendly place to stay and I couldn't have been better looked after

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Margaret and Alf were the most congenial hosts and made our stay in Alice Springs a relaxing experience. My dog was welcomed in such a way that he had no qualms staying behind while we explored Alice Springs. He in fact was pampered more than we were - which of course was my priority anyway. There were even walks across the road where Scruffy could stretch his legs and "smell the roses". The villa we stayed in had everything we needed and was beautifully appointed and maintained. Sitting and sharing a bottle of bubbly with our hosts at the end of the long drive from Darwin allowed us to relax and unwind and to find out about some of the places to see during our stay. Breakfast was supplied and catered to our specific health and dietary needs. Thank you both - if ever I am in Alice Springs again I will return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was a great place to pause on a long, purposeful journey from Darwin to Melbourne. The dog was welcomed - and behaved impeccably of course, not minding in the least being left behind while we explored because he was being so utterly pampered by both of our hosts. The self-contained apartment we shared was splendid.

I've been in a fair few B&Bs around the world and this one was memorable. They even have a spacious gym, which I meant to use but was too relaxed to: champagne and nibbles on arrival tend to put fitness far from first. Thank you Margaret and Alf. I'll be back.

Room Tip: We had the self contained 'granny flat' beside the pool, and it was huge, cool and well-appo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Thank you to Margaret and Alf for your wonderful hospitality. My two teenage daughters and I stayed in the Villa for five nights. I was working and I wanted somewhere that was secure - it was certainly that and more. Margaret and Alf were very welcoming and we spent a couple of nights by the pool with the odd glass of bubbles and treats - a great way to wind day at the end of the day. The girls loved the pool and were able to sleep in for as long as they desired (unlike a hotel where there is always housekeeping staff). The Villa was spotlessly clean, as was the entire property. I'd recommend this to my friends and certainly return to stay. There was even a treadmill and rowing machine available for use! Mine hosts went beyond what one would expect to make our stay comfortable. Thank you :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We were greeted warmly by Margaret and Alf even though we were absolutely covered with dirt from visiting the local bat caves, they even washed our clothes now you can't get better hosts than that. Margaret had actually gone out of her way to arrange the tour with friends on our behalf. They have a beautiful home, our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also extremely large. It is a very homey B&B as breakfast is served right in their kitchen, which we really loved. The whole point of B&B's are to get to know the people and you will not find two more engaging hosts. Margaret served made to order hot breakfasts each morning that were delicious and plentiful. We would highly recommend staying at this lovely B&B.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Great place to stay, well appointed room, great pool and great service!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Darwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We were warmly welcomed to a beautiful home with quality furniture and furnishings and made to feel at home. Fabulous swimming pool and spa set in meticulously tended garden complete with magnificent roses - very, very special. Margaret and Alf added so much to our visit with their thoughtfulness, generosity, knowledge of the area and contacts. Our breakfasts were delicious. The home is secure in a quiet location with lovely views of Alice Springs' orange rocks from the street. We stayed three nights and would have liked to have stayed longer. The name says it all: 'A Good Rest B&B.'

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to A Good Rest B&B? Share your experiences!